Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver) - Page 7

post #91 of 129
Thread Starter 
He's talking about the recent events I'n the SM64 thread, which I agree with him.
post #92 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

He's talking about the recent events I'n the SM64 thread, which I agree with him.

 

I agree... This sort of behavior is destroying headfi. There is so much more I want to say but I'm going to hold my tongue.

post #93 of 129

I've been spending a lot of time with the v1s, but I'm just wondering, are they the same as the RDB+ v1? This review is linked on the v1 page and the v1 uses an 8mm DD while this uses a 10mm DD.

post #94 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

I've been spending a lot of time with the v1s, but I'm just wondering, are they the same as the RDB+ v1? This review is linked on the v1 page and the v1 uses an 8mm DD while this uses a 10mm DD.

I think the DD has been changed once or twice. Charles can confirm this for you.
post #95 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

He's talking about the recent events I'n the SM64 thread, which I agree with him.

Exactly....

 

Just hope they wont come here to much often to post their technical (and destructive) analysis...


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 7/2/13 at 2:16am
post #96 of 129

Charles said do me that the two versions (normal and mini) had the same sq tunning.

 

Perhaps the fit can make a difference in SQ but I don't think it would be so huge between the two. 

 

I bought the mini version, waiting for it. 

post #97 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

Exactly....

 

Just hope they wont come here to much often to post their technical (and destructive) analysis...

confused.gif something ?

post #98 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

confused.gif something ?


Gintaras for example. It would be like me calling you a fool for spending so much on your 1Plus2 and upgrade gold cable because there obviously is no difference in sound to warrant it over a pair of apple ear buds. As well as you are a fool for purchasing that RWA AK100 unit as a Sansa Clip measures just as well and thus sounds as good if not better ;)... Get my drift.

post #99 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I think the DD has been changed once or twice. Charles can confirm this for you.
Thanks and I think that it is best to not derail this thread any more.
Edited by lin0003 - 7/2/13 at 4:00am
post #100 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Gintaras for example. It would be like me calling you a fool for spending so much on your 1Plus2 and upgrade gold cable because there obviously is no difference in sound to warrant it over a pair of apple ear buds. As well as you are a fool for purchasing that RWA AK100 unit as a Sansa Clip measures just as well and thus sounds as good if not better ;)... Get my drift.

 

glad to be a fool as long as i enjoy great sounding rig wink_face.gif

 

Lee, life would not be enough if we would have to respond to every @sshole nonsense.

 

the proof of the pudding is in eating it and the proof of great sounding gear is how much you spend listening to it. i pity all these self-appointed experts who waste time on charting and talking nonsense while few of them really understand what it means.

 

besides, i never met a serious audiophile who would be picking his gear based on charts and not his ears o2smile.gif

 

i do not talk about music professionals because they hear things differently and most likely not many of them would spend so much time on music listening. once i asked my friend who is classical music conductor if he would be willing to listen to music after his concert is over and he told i must be crazy to suggest this to him because for him this like going to work after work tongue.gif

 

back to my (fool's) rig biggrin.gif


Edited by Gintaras - 7/2/13 at 9:19am
post #101 of 129
Thread Starter 
Gintaras, can we please keep the conversation to RDB+ v1 from here on? I just came in here for a quick read and we're talking about piano's and orchestra musicians.tongue.gif I don't mind so much personally but others who come here to read about Rhapsodio's IEM might not want too.

Cheers. wink.gif
post #102 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Gintaras, can we please keep the conversation to RDB+ v1 from here on? I just came in here for a quick read and we're talking about piano's and orchestra musicians.tongue.gif I don't mind so much personally but others who come here to read about Rhapsodio's IEM might not want too.

Cheers. wink.gif

 

sorry mate, yes is my answer.

 

what bothers me is why Rhapsodio replaced DD with 8mm and what impact this had on bass response. they had highly popular original v1 and opted to mod that which makes some poeple now less certain. was this necessary?

 

i think there is much confusion about this DD issue.

post #103 of 129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

sorry mate, yes is my answer.

what bothers me is why Rhapsodio replaced DD with 8mm and what impact this had on bass response. they had highly popular original v1 and opted to mod that which makes some poeple now less certain. was this necessary?

i think there is much confusion about this DD issue.

I'm not exactly sure on the answer, one would need to confirm with Rhapsodio, I'm sure they had a reason doing so. I know the version I have is the original DD, but without hearing another I cannot say whether the changes were for the better. I can say I prefer the DD of 2v1 over my v1's low end, it was tighter, faster, held better texture however certainly not the IEM as a whole. (2v1). I much prefer v1 as a full picture.
post #104 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I'm not exactly sure on the answer, one would need to confirm with Rhapsodio, I'm sure they had a reason doing so. I know the version I have is the original DD, but without hearing another I cannot say whether the changes were for the better. I can say I prefer the DD of 2v1 over my v1's low end, it was tighter, faster, held better texture however certainly not the IEM as a whole. (2v1). I much prefer v1 as a full picture.

that what Charles told me. still i did not hear original V1 so cannot tell much.

post #105 of 129

Hello,

 

I received my RDB + v1 mini,

 

My first impressions are very positive, very good quality built, incredible cables (silver), very nice case.

 

The sound is something very special… the kind of sound I never listened to before, speaking about general presentation. The main caracteristic is about soundstage and imaging presentation. So wide, deep, layered, instruments separation, with plenty of space informations, micro details, reverberation (when called for), it says with lot of coherence if you are in a big stadium, listening to Justice or in a jazz cave listening to José James…

 

There’s a clear feeling of a sphere in front of you with a center image outside the head and all laterals sound coming next to your ears but with good high and depth when called for it… all that with of course a feeling of coherency. Every instruments are well positioned and everything is uniformised by lot of air and space vibration.

 

The SQ is very well balanced with a little bit bass emphasis. The bass is incredible, comming from everywere…very precise, impactfull, lot of rumble when the songs asks for it with lot of layers, that give a lot of space feeling and contribute to a very hairy experience.

 

The mediums are a little bit rececced (in space position), additionned with the fact that it puts the singer in a certain « distance » from you, it contributes to accentuate this « sphère » feeling. Despite this distance, the mediums are very textured, timbres are goods and female vcals never sibilling.

 

The medium/treble transition…one of the spectrum part that people doing tests should always outline as « bass », « medium », « treble ». The most difficult part to manage I noticed in every single IEM I had…. And here, I must say that this part of the frequencies is very vell tuned… sweet, never harsh, natural, very coherent and organic. « S » letter in words are real S…and not sshhhhhhhshsh………. like in some of the top tier IEM I tried these last years.

 

Treble is very well extended, very precise, detailled, natural and never agressive or metalic. The kind of treble I only eard on Earsonics Ciem that I love so much… never fatiguing, you can listen to hours and hours of music without problems.

 

What is also very good is the fact that you can listen to Jazz a song, Dubstep another song, Trip-Hop or Electro-pop another or even Rock. These seems to be like a cameleon, tuning bass/soundstage/imaging in relation with the type of music you throw into it....

 

I would also thank Charles that doesn’t work for Rhapsodio now and also Sammy for their kindness and their perfect service.

 


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 7/18/13 at 8:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver)