Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audinst-HUD-MX2 DAC/Amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audinst-HUD-MX2 DAC/Amp - Page 12

post #166 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock-solid View Post

 

24 hours. But if there should be any kind of burn in than in the region of slight nuances.

Do you power your unit with the PSU?

no when i was writing the impressions..just USB power. 

post #167 of 288

So this would be the first thing to try out, especially when using a laptop. 

post #168 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock-solid View Post

So this would be the first thing to try out, especially when using a laptop. 

Low frequencies demand most of all power supply, matter in the insufficient force of an electric current in USB is visible.

post #169 of 288
Mine has arrived.

Going to listen and write up a mini review soon.
post #170 of 288

I wrote to technical support. I asked questions interesting me. I think that it will be interesting to much to hear recommendations about operation.

 

I bought today on Ebay your HUD-mx2 amplifier.

1 . It needs to allow to work some days that there was a qualitative sound?
2 . Whether there is in it a possibility of replacement of chips, how 
in
HUD-mx1 that the sound became even better?
3 . It makes sense to replace your AC adapter going in a set on expensive and very qualitative?
4 . I want to use the USB extender long 1,5 meters from the computer to HUD-mx2. Whether has value total length and qualities of a wire of USB (I will use also AC adapter).

 

AUDINST
Hello.

We are replying as follows;

1. That's enough at about 100 hours.
2. It's possible to replace two OPAMP of DIP type, the HUD-mx2 takes offer much better performance than MX1.
3. If you replace current adapter with Linear type, it is better for the quality.
4. The USB long, the shorter, the better. If you use a high grade of AWG standard, it may improve the sound quality.


                  Thanks for the answer. But I had new questions.

1 . If I replace two OPAMP of DIP as far as will increase quality of a sound?
2 . How many stand with delivery of OPAMP of DIP?
3 . Not absolutely I will understand that such Linear type of the adapter. I can buy the pulse or trasnsformatorny adapter. You recommend to me to buy "Linear type", what is it?
4  .  You say that USB a wire, the shorter that better.  It is right even if I thus use the AC adapter?  That is in binary a code of audio of a signal there are mistakes already at more long USB of a cable 1,5 meter? It is very strange.

Hello. OPAMPs and cables provided are good enough. You can satisfy yourself with these contents. We recommend that you have a broad variety of experience for all OPAMP if possible. Because the timbre is subjective, we hope you find one's own timbre. What we are saying is the trasnsformatorny adapter. However, even if you replace this adapter, you will not feel the better for it. You can use a long USB cable. The USB cables vary according to quality but you will have no problem if you use USB cable up to 5 meter in length. If possible we recommend using high-quality USB cables if you want to use a long USB cable. 

Edited by Sky master - 3/15/13 at 12:24pm
post #171 of 288

mine came in 2 hours ago as of this post. the amp makes the vocals on the AD900X stand out a little bit more than usual from what i'm used to hearing. it's a positive change for me. so far i like this dac/amp. will let it run more over the weekend before i get a good listening in.

post #172 of 288
I am also wondering if the burn in period necessarily needs it to actually be in operation,
OR just turned to the "on" position with power supply engaged,
so the components on the circuit board stay in the "on" state and thus stabilize to manufacturer design..??.

Also it would be nice to have comparisons with older model as well as something like the odac as a reference.
Mine should be home today waiting for me smily_headphones1.gif
post #173 of 288

Been listening to mine for about an hour.  Hooked up the HE500 to see if it powers it in the default gain and surprisingly it does ok.  Volume maxed and no distortion.  After a few days of burn, I'll try it out in high gain.  The pairing sounds much better than I expected.  

post #174 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky master View Post

I wrote to technical support. I asked questions interesting me. I think that it will be interesting to much to hear recommendations about operation.

 

I bought today on Ebay your HUD-mx2 amplifier.

1 . It needs to allow to work some days that there was a qualitative sound?
2 . Whether there is in it a possibility of replacement of chips, how 
in
HUD-mx1 that the sound became even better?
3 . It makes sense to replace your AC adapter going in a set on expensive and very qualitative?
4 . I want to use the USB extender long 1,5 meters from the computer to HUD-mx2. Whether has value total length and qualities of a wire of USB (I will use also AC adapter).

 

AUDINST
Hello.

We are replying as follows;

1. That's enough at about 100 hours.
2. It's possible to replace two OPAMP of DIP type, the HUD-mx2 takes offer much better performance than MX1.
3. If you replace current adapter with Linear type, it is better for the quality.
4. The USB long, the shorter, the better. If you use a high grade of AWG standard, it may improve the sound quality.


                  Thanks for the answer. But I had new questions.

1 . If I replace two OPAMP of DIP as far as will increase quality of a sound?
2 . How many stand with delivery of OPAMP of DIP?
3 . Not absolutely I will understand that such Linear type of the adapter. I can buy the pulse or trasnsformatorny adapter. You recommend to me to buy "Linear type", what is it?
4  .  You say that USB a wire, the shorter that better.  It is right even if I thus use the AC adapter?  That is in binary a code of audio of a signal there are mistakes already at more long USB of a cable 1,5 meter? It is very strange.

Hello. OPAMPs and cables provided are good enough. You can satisfy yourself with these contents. We recommend that you have a broad variety of experience for all OPAMP if possible. Because the timbre is subjective, we hope you find one's own timbre. What we are saying is the trasnsformatorny adapter. However, even if you replace this adapter, you will not feel the better for it. You can use a long USB cable. The USB cables vary according to quality but you will have no problem if you use USB cable up to 5 meter in length. If possible we recommend using high-quality USB cables if you want to use a long USB cable. 
so it needs to burn for 100 hrs?
post #175 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by doco View Post

mine came in 2 hours ago as of this post. the amp makes the vocals on the AD900X stand out a little bit more than usual from what i'm used to hearing. it's a positive change for me. so far i like this dac/amp. will let it run more over the weekend before i get a good listening in.

the bass and highs? are they abit behind the mid?

post #176 of 288

Today my system accidentally managed to reproduce the things jammerlee described.

After moving all the stuff from office to home for weekend, further burning in over night I just wanted to listen to a new album. Putting the westones into the ears, starting the track - out came a sound as if converted to 8 Bit 22.000 kHz track. No significant bass and highs, somehow shreddered mids and had to put the volume double as yesterday. Fortunately it was so more than obvious something faulty as it was not a slight nuance but total crap. So I shut Audirvana down, disconnected everything, then put it again in the order: DC to DAC, switch on the DAC to USB, connect the USB-Cable to Mac, choose the DAC in the sound-settings, starting the player. And - voila. Here we go again. Pristine sound as it was yesterday. Wonderful.

So that is definitely not a hardware fault but about in which order putting setup together.

So give a little attention how you put the things together and if output is crappy recable and restart everything. That should only bother the people with mobile setup.

At the moment I have no time to search what exactly went wrong on the software side. I keep you updated.

And there is no need to hyperventilate as it obviously happened while recabling (without thinking of the right order and with operating system running) and not during operation. 

post #177 of 288
Quote :Posted by Rock-solid :
Today my system accidentally managed to reproduce the things jammerlee described.

Hi Rock-solid,

I am awaiting my MX2 which appears to be stuck in customs ( in the UK ).

However, I was interested in your post above as I have had a similar experience with different equipment. I purchased a Samsung Note 10.1 tab at the beginning of this year and after reading the thread on this forum about Android phones and USB dacs, I hooked it up to a Behringer UCA-202 dac. The first time I tried it, the base was very poor ( I think the general sound quality was poor but it was most noticeable in the base ). I gave up but tried it a few days later and it sounded fine ! It was OK for a few days and then I lost all the base again. I thought it may be something to do with ( digital ) volume as this cuts the bits but there was no indication on the tablet that anything was happening with the volume. I even downloaded some apps which are meant to fix volume levels etc but this had no effect - sometimes the sound was fine and at other times it was bad !

Anyway, to cut a long story a bit shorter, I came to the conclusion that I could get it to sound OK by disconnecting the dac, rebooting the tab and starting the audio software and then plugging the dac in, so as you mention above, it appears that the order it is done in, has an effect. Why this should happen, I am still puzzled about. I am surprised that you had this happen with your Mac as I have never noticed a similar effect when using PCs/laptops with dacs and I thought it may just be because using dacs with mobile ( Android ) devices is a relatively new thing.

I would be very interested to hear if you ( or anyone else ) comes to any conclusion about what exactly is happening with this issue. After all, the main point of using a dac is to extract the digital stream from the source in an unaltered state and then convert it to analogue sound. With this issue, it would appear that something is happening to the bits ( re-sampling, volume, something else ? ) before they get to the dac and I would like to know what that ' something ' is !

I shall be paying close attention to what is happening when I hook up my Audinst MX2 to the tab when I get it, but in the meantime, if anyone is disappointed with the SQ from their MX2s, I would recommend disconnecting, rebooting and hooking up in a methodical way to see if that improves the sound. I am not much of a believer in ' burn in ' but if it does have any effect, I would expect that effect to be quite small - that is not like the massive change in SQ which I experienced when connecting things in the ' right ' order.

post #178 of 288

New impressions updated !

post #179 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynacampjim View Post

Hi Rock-solid,
I am awaiting my MX2 which appears to be stuck in customs ( in the UK ).
However, I was interested in your post above as I have had a similar experience with different equipment. I purchased a Samsung Note 10.1 tab at the beginning of this year and after reading the thread on this forum about Android phones and USB dacs, I hooked it up to a Behringer UCA-202 dac. The first time I tried it, the base was very poor ( I think the general sound quality was poor but it was most noticeable in the base ). I gave up but tried it a few days later and it sounded fine ! It was OK for a few days and then I lost all the base again. I thought it may be something to do with ( digital ) volume as this cuts the bits but there was no indication on the tablet that anything was happening with the volume. I even downloaded some apps which are meant to fix volume levels etc but this had no effect - sometimes the sound was fine and at other times it was bad !
Anyway, to cut a long story a bit shorter, I came to the conclusion that I could get it to sound OK by disconnecting the dac, rebooting the tab and starting the audio software and then plugging the dac in, so as you mention above, it appears that the order it is done in, has an effect. Why this should happen, I am still puzzled about. I am surprised that you had this happen with your Mac as I have never noticed a similar effect when using PCs/laptops with dacs and I thought it may just be because using dacs with mobile ( Android ) devices is a relatively new thing.
I would be very interested to hear if you ( or anyone else ) comes to any conclusion about what exactly is happening with this issue. After all, the main point of using a dac is to extract the digital stream from the source in an unaltered state and then convert it to analogue sound. With this issue, it would appear that something is happening to the bits ( re-sampling, volume, something else ? ) before they get to the dac and I would like to know what that ' something ' is !
I shall be paying close attention to what is happening when I hook up my Audinst MX2 to the tab when I get it, but in the meantime, if anyone is disappointed with the SQ from their MX2s, I would recommend disconnecting, rebooting and hooking up in a methodical way to see if that improves the sound. I am not much of a believer in ' burn in ' but if it does have any effect, I would expect that effect to be quite small - that is not like the massive change in SQ which I experienced when connecting things in the ' right ' order.

How long has it been stuck in customs for?
post #180 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynacampjim View Post

Hi Rock-solid,

I am awaiting my MX2 which appears to be stuck in customs ( in the UK ).

However, I was interested in your post above as I have had a similar experience with different equipment. I purchased a Samsung Note 10.1 tab at the beginning of this year and after reading the thread on this forum about Android phones and USB dacs, I hooked it up to a Behringer UCA-202 dac. The first time I tried it, the base was very poor ( I think the general sound quality was poor but it was most noticeable in the base ). I gave up but tried it a few days later and it sounded fine ! It was OK for a few days and then I lost all the base again. I thought it may be something to do with ( digital ) volume as this cuts the bits but there was no indication on the tablet that anything was happening with the volume. I even downloaded some apps which are meant to fix volume levels etc but this had no effect - sometimes the sound was fine and at other times it was bad !

Anyway, to cut a long story a bit shorter, I came to the conclusion that I could get it to sound OK by disconnecting the dac, rebooting the tab and starting the audio software and then plugging the dac in, so as you mention above, it appears that the order it is done in, has an effect. Why this should happen, I am still puzzled about. I am surprised that you had this happen with your Mac as I have never noticed a similar effect when using PCs/laptops with dacs and I thought it may just be because using dacs with mobile ( Android ) devices is a relatively new thing.

I would be very interested to hear if you ( or anyone else ) comes to any conclusion about what exactly is happening with this issue. After all, the main point of using a dac is to extract the digital stream from the source in an unaltered state and then convert it to analogue sound. With this issue, it would appear that something is happening to the bits ( re-sampling, volume, something else ? ) before they get to the dac and I would like to know what that ' something ' is !

I shall be paying close attention to what is happening when I hook up my Audinst MX2 to the tab when I get it, but in the meantime, if anyone is disappointed with the SQ from their MX2s, I would recommend disconnecting, rebooting and hooking up in a methodical way to see if that improves the sound. I am not much of a believer in ' burn in ' but if it does have any effect, I would expect that effect to be quite small - that is not like the massive change in SQ which I experienced when connecting things in the ' right ' order.

 

I live in the UK too and mine's also stuck in customs... Was hoping to have it so I could listen to it this weekend but I guess I'll have to wait triportsad.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audinst-HUD-MX2 DAC/Amp