Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 65

post #961 of 1206

SM64

Noble Audio 4

ASG-2



Ahhhhh, decisions....

post #962 of 1206

Midnightwalker, Thanks for your input. Have you experienced the 4R and GR07, as well as the SM64?

post #963 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post

Midnightwalker, Thanks for your input. Have you experienced the 4R and GR07, as well as the SM64?

Yes, i owed all of these at least couple months for each. The sm64 is the one I love most. Still have one with me now.
post #964 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

SM64
Noble Audio 4
ASG-2



Ahhhhh, decisions....

That's basically the essence of this hobby :-P
What genres do you like?
post #965 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

SM64
Noble Audio 4
ASG-2



Ahhhhh, decisions....

I would say the asg2 is for fast pace music while the sm64 for slower one which can take advantage of slow decay and extended low range. Never had chance to try the Noble btw.
post #966 of 1206

I use my SM64 with a cmoy

I am waiting for an ODAC I hope the difference will be there

post #967 of 1206

I am seriously contemplating upgrading to the SM64 more so than the Westone 4R due to comments on the tighter, more controlled, extended bass response of the SM64 vs the 4R. I am not a basshead but I do like the decay and non-bleeding bass of the GR07's dynamic driver. I very much enjoy the overall sound signature of my GR07 BE and would ask if anyone could describe the sonic qualities comparing the SM64 with the GR07 and comment on if it would be a major upgrade or... not so much? Thanks!

post #968 of 1206
Nerer had the chance to hear the GR-07s, but once the SM64 arrived the W4s rarely see the light of day. More and deeper bass, no mid-bass hump, and no upper mid veil. The 64s are what I expected from the W4. And even with the extended bass I find they keep up with fast and / or complex music that causes problems for the W4.
Edited by ericr - 11/30/13 at 1:37pm
post #969 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

Once the SM64 arrived the W4s rarely see the light of day. More and deeper bass, no mid-bass hump, and no upper mid veil. The 64s are what I expected from the W4.


Ericr, Thanks for your input. Have you ever listened to the Vsonics GR07 BE, and if you have... how would you compare the sound signature, bass, soundstage, mids, treble etc to the SM64, and would it be a significant upgrade to the GR07 BE? I do like the Vsonics, however I have a terminal case of upgrade-itis:)

post #970 of 1206

Oops, my bad. I missed "Nerer had the chance to hear the GR-07s" on ericr's post. Anyone else who can compare the SM64's to the GR07?

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post
 


Ericr, Thanks for your input. Have you ever listened to the Vsonics GR07 BE, and if you have... how would you compare the sound signature, bass, soundstage, mids, treble etc to the SM64, and would it be a significant upgrade to the GR07 BE? I do like the Vsonics, however I have a terminal case of upgrade-itis:)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

Nerer had the chance to hear the GR-07s, but once the SM64 arrived the W4s rarely see the light of day. More and deeper bass, no mid-bass hump, and no upper mid veil. The 64s are what I expected from the W4. And even with the extended bass I find they keep up with fast and / or complex music that causes problems for the W4.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post
 

I am seriously contemplating upgrading to the SM64 more so than the Westone 4R due to comments on the tighter, more controlled, extended bass response of the SM64 vs the 4R. I am not a basshead but I do like the decay and non-bleeding bass of the GR07's dynamic driver. I very much enjoy the overall sound signature of my GR07 BE and would ask if anyone could describe the sonic qualities comparing the SM64 with the GR07 and comment on if it would be a major upgrade or... not so much? Thanks!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshound24 View Post
 

I was just about to pull the trigger on the Westone 4R when I came upon this thread. Now I am torn between the Westone 4R and the SM64. I am looking for a significant upgrade from my Vsonics GR07 mkII BE. I do love the sound signature of the GR07, however I feel like I'm missing something. Could someone chime in with suggestions on which one's sonics would be more like the GR07... only better? I do like the visceral impact of the bass, lack of bass bleed into midrange, crisp extended highs and natural mids the GR07 portray. I even do not mind the siblance too much. I am concerned a BA IEM may not give me the punchy bass of the Vsonics dynamic driver? So which would be a more refined GR07? Thanks for any input.

post #971 of 1206
Have wanted to try them but haven't had a chance. I have the TF10, B2 and BA-200 if either of those help.
post #972 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

Have wanted to try them but haven't had a chance. I have the TF10, B2 and BA-200 if either of those help.

I previously owned the TF10.
Big step up, if you ask me!
Took me some time to get the really v-shaped sound of the TF10 out of my head. though :P

post #973 of 1206

I actually might do the same thing Bluehounds. Love the GR07 BE but I think the SM64 is going to be a quality step up in sound quality.

post #974 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I previously owned the TF10.

Big step up, if you ask me
Agreed. Even though it was better in many ways the W4 couldn't displace the TF10 due to the realism of the TF10. The 64's did, fairly easily.
post #975 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatopeck View Post
 

I use my SM64 with a cmoy

I am waiting for an ODAC I hope the difference will be there

Are you saying that the CMOY doesn't make the SQ any better?

 

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread