Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 63

post #931 of 1360

My SM64's arrived today, 3 days from when I ordered them, ( to South Korea ) and they arrived a day earlier than expected. Fedex must be on their game !

 

Loving the sound, using my iphone 3GS, and GoDap amplifier. 

 

I looked at the warranty and it says " do not expose them to temperatures below 5 degrees celsius."

 

How seriously do I need to heed this instruction?

 

Everyday in winter will be colder than this, and I like to use iems while walking up the mountain daily.

(I did use the SM3's outdoor, daily for the past couple of winters, with no problem.)

post #932 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omshallom View Post

My SM64's arrived today, 3 days from when I ordered them, ( to South Korea ) and they arrived a day earlier than expected. Fedex must be on their game !

Loving the sound, using my iphone 3GS, and GoDap amplifier. 

I looked at the warranty and it says " do not expose them to temperatures below 5 degrees celsius."

How seriously do I need to heed this instruction?

Everyday in winter will be colder than this, and I like to use iems while walking up the mountain daily.
(I did use the SM3's outdoor, daily for the past couple of winters, with no problem.)

You don't have to take this too seriously.
Last winter we had about -8 degrees celsius all the time here in Germany and my SM64 still sound like the day I got them.
post #933 of 1360

Hello,

 

I also have got a SM64 and I would like to know (I'm curious ;) ) what is your setting (smartphone/dap/amp/dac/lod/otg)

Can be interesting to discuss about it

thanks

post #934 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatopeck View Post
 

Hello,

 

I also have got a SM64 and I would like to know (I'm curious ;) ) what is your setting (smartphone/dap/amp/dac/lod/otg)

Can be interesting to discuss about it

thanks

DX50 on high gain.
Thats it :)

Okay, if I'm at home, I sometimes use the the alpha version of this neat little amp ;)

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=597

Bass is a bit more refined and the soundstage gets a bit wider.

post #935 of 1360

Thanks for the feedback tom

 

I planned to use an arcam rpac or a microstreamer but I am not sure, I'm still thinking about it

post #936 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatopeck View Post
 

Thanks for the feedback tom

 

I planned to use an arcam rpac or a microstreamer but I am not sure, I'm still thinking about it

 

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have tried multiple amplifiers with the SM64s and have found my favorite: 

 

RSA SR-71A

 

NOTHING tightened the bass, added further clarity (especially to the mid-range), and widened the soundstage more than the SR-71A.  They truly sound amazing together, and I recommend that amp the most!

post #937 of 1360

I picked up a pair of SM64s from Earphone Solutions not too too long ago.  They are the only authorized EarSonics retailer in the United States that has them in stock.  When I was talking with Flavio before purchasing them, he said that there were only 4 left, and once they were sold, they will no longer be stocking the SM64s.  It has something to do with profit margins being minimal on them due to the currency conversion and customs.

 

Just an FYI for those who are debating about purchasing them like I was, as this may be the last chance.

 

(...and no, I have no relationship with Earphone Solutions.  I'm just looking out for those who were trying to decide whether to purchase a pair or not like I was.)

post #938 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


Okay, if I'm at home, I sometimes use the the alpha version of this neat little amp ;)

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=597

Bass is a bit more refined and the soundstage gets a bit wider.

 

Nice looking amp with wood chassis.  I'm curious if the inside is just a cmoy variant.

post #939 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatopeck View Post
 

Hello,

 

I also have got a SM64 and I would like to know (I'm curious ;) ) what is your setting (smartphone/dap/amp/dac/lod/otg)

Can be interesting to discuss about it

thanks

 

SM64 & Glacier is a very good combo. Highly recommended!

post #940 of 1360

I am not sure if people have seen the EarSonics product pages lately, but they now have "Sound Color" charts on them.  Here is an example:

 

I did some A/bing of some of my EarSonics products trying to see how accurate they are.  You can read my thoughts here.

 

If people can understand how to decipher these, it should help in picking EarSonics products.

post #941 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

I am not sure if people have seen the EarSonics product pages lately, but they now have "Sound Color" charts on them.  Here is an example:



I did some A/bing of some of my EarSonics products trying to see how accurate they are.  You can read my thoughts here.

If people can understand how to decipher these, it should help in picking EarSonics products.

Great article average_joe, as it was very informative!
post #942 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post

SM64 & Glacier is a very good combo. Highly recommended!

Can you describe how the Glacier enhances the SM64s sound signature please?
post #943 of 1360
The Glacier improves mostly in mid and high ranges. Soundstage also improve with it. The first impression was not a wow but once I paired my sm64 with the Glacier, i can go back and plug it directly to the DAP. The most improve factor is mid-range.
post #944 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha421 View Post
 

 

Nice looking amp with wood chassis.  I'm curious if the inside is just a cmoy variant.

Let me just quote the creator of this little gem:

"lol it's nowhere close to being a cmoy in terms of circuit design......"

:)

post #945 of 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassInMyFace View Post


Great article average_joe, as it was very informative!

 

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread