Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 52

post #766 of 1302

Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Forget about it Lee. This is another psychological phenomenom regarding price that everybody forgets to mention: this product is quite expensive, I cannot reasonably afford, others can, so I have to construct a solid reasoning to convince myself that this product is a rip off and those who buy it are stupid, so as to feel better about myself.

Or certain users buy into anything that's expensive and in FOTOM to give a sense that it's high-end and won't accept alternatives that may be better at lower cost, because they will feel foolish doing so. Works both ways, useless in terms of actual substance that can be discussed.

post #767 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I can imagine all those mean an rich manufacturers coming at night to take the money from you student allowance...boooooouuuuhhh. I love this vision, so realistic, multi layered an complex.

Well I guess for those of us who do not necessarily have time to spend days in their parents basement to read graphs and eq their music, but want to actually do a CRAZY thing: buy a pair of iems and listen to music, their is always the possibility of giving money to rich manufacturers. What stupid victims of capitalism we are.

Ok now could you guys just quit it, it's not funny anymore.

My parents' house doesn't have a basement, but I was tinkering with the Sennheiser HD580 as a university student at their place... in 2000. Now my company's expenditures are enough to buy every TOTL headphone out there in one month rolleyes.gif Stereotypes. Aren't they wonderful? Maybe next time you would check out someone's head-fi join date first rolleyes.gif
post #768 of 1302

Hey Inks, .... we also have skills.... We are not working for firms so please, our arguments are also strong enough  and come for a non commercial purpose.... OK!!!!!!!!!! ???

 

Please take of your super hero costume... it does not suit you...

 

Thank you but NOW you should STOP....

 

 

 


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 6/28/13 at 2:05am
post #769 of 1302

You know folks....there is a "Block Member" button.
Makes this thread a lot easier to read.

post #770 of 1302

Anyone can use it or only the thread starter?

 

If the thread was mine, I would not hesitate... 


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 6/28/13 at 2:09am
post #771 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

Anyone can use it or only the thread starter?

It just hides the post of that specific member. Everyone can use it :)

post #772 of 1302

Ah ok but it's useless because some would just provoc the same long boring and sterile discussions.....

 

Some dont understand that what seems to be a "weakness" in a graph for them, could be exactly the opposite depending on ears perceptions and sensitivity to others.....

 

I can't hear the 5.0.... impossible for me... but tons of people like it.... I ask myself: are they all deaf and I am the only one to have super ears or.... Is my perception perhaps different from others... I would be stupid to claim that Heir 5.0 is crap... no it's not...

 

Why others (that don't even listened to the SM 64 and just watch to graphs) can't do the same and have a more moderate statement, their point of view is so objective? HELL NOOOOOO.... graphs don't say everything...(inks you see how moderate I am, I did not say GRAPHS DONT SAY ANYTHING....)


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 6/28/13 at 2:54am
post #773 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

Ah ok but it's useless because some would just provoc the same long boring and sterile discussions.....

Sad but true :/
I'm still enjoying my FR-graph-fanatic free thread!

post #774 of 1302

Hope everybody understood one thing, I did not do that to defend the Sm 64, even if I like it... I also do that on Heir 4ai thread and Inks knows..... I do that to avoid some guys to let people believe that we found an OBJECTIVE WAY to understand if  a product is good or not...  even without listening to it...desinformation and totally false TOOL....


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 6/28/13 at 3:02am
post #775 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


My parents' house doesn't have a basement, but I was tinkering with the Sennheiser HD580 as a university student at their place... in 2000. Now my company's expenditures are enough to buy every TOTL headphone out there in one month rolleyes.gif Stereotypes. Aren't they wonderful? Maybe next time you would check out someone's head-fi join date first rolleyes.gif

You are old !? And you listened to HD580?!! I am so sorry then. What compelling arguments.

 

Oh wait, I have strictly no interest in who you are and what you do. None. Let me tell you why.

 

This sentence : "Most people find it easier to have their sound cooked and readied for them by a handful of rich manufacturers" is awefully simplistic and makes you sound like an 18 year old.

 

"Now my company's expenditures are enough to buy every TOTL headphone out there in one month rolleyes.gif Stereotypes." Hum I wonder what this means. Whether you own the company or not, you do not use the "expenditures" of your company to buy stuff for yourself. Otherwise it does not seem like very sound management. So the sentence makes little sense  and makes you sound like a student again (and not a business school student for sure).

 

A stereotype would be me judging you based on you belonging to a certain group (ethnic, social, etc.)  instead of judging based on observed facts, which is the opposite of what I am doing. Please go look it up.

 

Inks is a student, and even though I disagree with his philosophy, he sounds more mature than you.


Edited by Mimouille - 6/28/13 at 4:35am
post #776 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

A stereotype would be me judging you based on you belonging to a certain group (ethnic, social, etc.)  instead of judging based on observed facts, which is the opposite of what I am doing. Please go look it up.

No, you stereotyped him in the sense that you assumed anyone making such arguments must belong to a certain crudely defined category, i.e. penniless, bitter students who hate corporate wealth (perhaps also with a hint that such people should just get a job that enables them to buy the highest-end equipment and stop whining). Your assumption proved wrong, which is nothing earth-shattering, but it was certainly based on anti-anti-corporate prejudice. 

post #777 of 1302

Guys,

 

I think that lot of people...perhaps the same than those who made others thread close, really want the same here....

 

We could perhaps begin to talk about the SM 64 impressions again? I SAID IMPRESSIONS based at least on listening experience and not only graphs speculation and theory.... 

 

Except those who love to read to graphs (ok no need to post again because I really dont care, this question is not for you) I am curious to know if someone find something lacking or the opposite, to much energy in the medium/treble transition...


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 6/28/13 at 5:07am
post #778 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

No, you stereotyped him in the sense that you assumed anyone making such arguments must belong to a certain crudely defined category, i.e. penniless, bitter students who hate corporate wealth (perhaps also with a hint that such people should just get a job that enables them to buy the highest-end equipment and stop whining). Your assumption proved wrong, which is nothing earth-shattering, but it was certainly based on anti-anti-corporate prejudice. 


Please do not explain to me what happens in my head :) I judged him not on the orientation of his ideas but on the emptiness / naive way of expressing his arguments. Like I said in my post.

 

But once again here we have two schools of thought here:

 

  • One who thinks the listening experience, however subjective, is the most important in judging an iem / headphone because listening to music is what they are for. Graphs can be used to complement this experience / understand what we hear
  • The other one who thinks the listening experience so too subjective / unreliable to trust to judge an iem / headphone, so graphs must come first, to allow for an unbiased choice / listening experience.

 

Could we agree that people from either school, from now on, do not tell people from the other school how they should think ? And if any third / fourth school of thought wants to judge iems based on how they taste, how they look, or how well they fit in their xxxx, fine by me.

post #779 of 1302

What made me mad is that if you read some posts ago... the school, as said Mimouille", of those who use graphs first tend to disrespect the other by saying they are dumb or that they buy amateur stuff.... and it's the aspect and the form of this kind of disrespectful behaviour that makes me mad....

post #780 of 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

What made me mad is that if you read some posts ago... the school, as said Mimouille", of those who use graphs first tend to disrespect the other by saying they are dumb or that they buy amateur stuff.... and it's the aspect and the form of this kind of disrespectful behaviour that makes me mad....


They are right though. We are stupid. And happy :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread