Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 33

post #481 of 1218

Tell me exactly what is being assumed, because I only mention the results, which are facts of the product. 

 

It's a silly game that can be played, but the point of the matter is that these lack technical proficency, from a objective standpoint, we can run circles around that all we want, but that will stand for now.

 

The subjective experience, preference, attachment, etc. is a another matter one shoudn't displace another.


Edited by Inks - 5/23/13 at 9:42pm
post #482 of 1218
Or, you could simply go back and re-read your own posts. You've passed more than one comment with regards to their performance, which only deserves any merit if you've actually listened to them. Aside from pointing out an apparent dip, on what basis can you judge their performance without actually hearing them at all?
post #483 of 1218
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

Or, you could simply go back and re-read your own posts. You've passed more than one comment with regards to their performance, which only deserves any merit if you've actually listened to them. Aside from pointing out an apparent dip, on what basis can you judge their performance without actually hearing them at all?

Performance based on the cold facts of the product, me listening to them isn't going to make the notch disapper all of a sudden, I have a vast experience with the data to know what to expect. Is it everything? No, but in this case, good enough for me. That distortion level will be heard, the out of phase channel, etc. it's just to big to miss, it's not going to change anything.  If a car can't hit 0-60 in say 5 seconds, me driviing it isn't all of a sudden going to change that.


Edited by Inks - 5/23/13 at 9:46pm
post #484 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I have a vast experience with the data to know what to expect.

Ahaha! Well, that's my cue, ladies and gents. G'night fellas...
post #485 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


Ahaha! Well, that's my cue, ladies and gents. G'night fellas...


I'm with you g'night, unsubscribed

post #486 of 1218
I have not followed this thread for some time, , but I have been a fan and follower rin's blog. I have also heard the SM64 myself. I have fully expected these reactions after rin posted the measurements. But why do we need all this chaos? We all can preach what we believe, but there is no need to force it down other ppl's throats. Those who believe graphs are the holy bible of audio, good for you since utilising graphs is important in developing and improving products. Those who rely on subjective listening, good for you too cos you can sit down and enjoy your music. I think SM64 sounded quite good. But those graphs can be useful, for ES as a lesson in developing future products. We all can have our own opinion and share it, but please dont force it.
post #487 of 1218
Thread Starter 

Agreed.  Let's call it quits please on the graphs and get back to talking about Impressions which is what this thread is titled.

 

I listened to these for an hour today and I always marvel at the smooth and full bass and the amount of clarity achieved while still maintaining a dynamic and engaging mid range.  These are simply marvelous earphones.

post #488 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

... When someone chooses to critique a earphone you like they're critiquing the earphone not your family so lets please keep whats said on here in perspective...

 

I hope you realise that for some people their phones are equally, if not more important than their family — I'm sure you still remember that custom title given to someone (not long ago) that went more or less like this: "He loves his [favourite IEM] and [favourite DAP] so much that he will surely marry them".

post #489 of 1218

Unsubscribe...I tend to think that people who measure their stuff instead of using it do not interest me.

post #490 of 1218

One can always use the ignore function...

post #491 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

I hope you realise that for some people their phones are equally, if not more important than their family — I'm sure you still remember that custom title given to someone (not long ago) that went more or less like this: "He loves his [favourite IEM] and [favourite DAP] so much that he will surely marry them".


Some folks act like their IEM is connected to their pacemaker - dis it and die - lol.biggrin.gif

post #492 of 1218

Is the soundstage also larger versus the SM3's?

post #493 of 1218
And this is exactly why some of us choose to refute the 'measurement over ears' argument. I honestly don't think I've come across a more misleading post, as of yet. This is exactly what the issue boils down to, because the few here who swear by measurements DO (unfortunately) have an influence on the reader(s), though I'm sure that they'll refuse to own up to it...
post #494 of 1218

Just take my SM64 v1 out of my trusted lock n lock box after a long period not listening to it...

Listen to some Chinese Audiphile recordings....damn...love the sound so much...

Good bass, great middle and love the high so much....IT SHINES LIKE DIAMONDS...

Trust your ears, enjoy the music, enjoy your day....

 

regards,

jaytee189 

post #495 of 1218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

And this is exactly why some of us choose to refute the 'measurement over ears' argument. I honestly don't think I've come across a more misleading post, as of yet. This is exactly what the issue boils down to, because the few here who swear by measurements DO (unfortunately) have an influence on the reader(s), though I'm sure that they'll refuse to own up to it...

This is the problem, measurements over ears? What we hear is due to the frequency response, they complement each other. The wildcard is the subjective factor, which can make any product much better or worse depending on subjective factors. It's informing the readers that there is a 5k suckout, if one still likes the product or decides to buy, by all means, the information was already given. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread