Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 30

post #436 of 1220

Hmm now I really want to see measurements of a diffrent pair, made by another person.

post #437 of 1220

Can a SM64 owner do some sine sweeps to find out if there really is such a big notch at 5 kHz?
 

post #438 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffeemann View Post

Can a SM64 owner do some sine sweeps to find out if there really is such a big notch at 5 kHz?
 

Just downloaded sinus sweeps from like 5 different sources.

Oh man, I really can hear a big dip at 5 khz. That is....not cool.


I own the SM64 for almost half a year now and I never noticed that....
Maybe because they still sound pretty good to me. Oh well, what am I doing in this forum if I can't manage to hear something odd like this? :D

post #439 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Just downloaded sinus sweeps from like 5 different sources.

Oh man, I really can hear a big dip at 5 khz. That is....not cool.


I own the SM64 for almost half a year now and I never noticed that....
Maybe because they still sound pretty good to me. Oh well, what am I doing in this forum if I can't manage to hear something odd like this? :D

Maybe you didn't notice because your brain got used to the SM64. I think we should A/B it with other good IEMs such as the ER4S and then it will be easier to figure out something weird. 

post #440 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I own the SM64 for almost half a year now and I never noticed that....

Maybe because they still sound pretty good to me.

That's because they DO sound pretty good. Pretty darn good, for that matter. But, who needs ears, when there's... wait for it... measurements! *gasp*

*sigh* Thanks, Inks. Goodbye thread...

P.S. Please stop the incoherence schmincoherence nonsense. Unless you have a faulty unit on your hands, or your ears are simply other-worldly, the SM64 just isn't incoherent. Though I'm willing to bet suddenly, post measurements, many listeners will begin to pop-up and claim otherwise.
post #441 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

That's because they DO sound pretty good. Pretty darn good, for that matter. But, who needs ears, when there's... wait for it... measurements! *gasp*

*sigh* Thanks, Inks. Goodbye thread...

P.S. Please stop the incoherence schmincoherence nonsense. Unless you have a faulty unit on your hands, or your ears are simply other-worldly, the SM64 just isn't incoherent. Though I'm willing to bet suddenly, post measurements, many listeners will begin to pop-up and claim otherwise.
I really don't plan to throw them away now :-D
I'm loving every minute I spent with them!
It's just really surprising to me that this graphs are actually more or less true and that I never noticed this "problem".
So people keep on posting graphs and whatnot, I'm happy with the sound I get. (and i think I will be even more when I get my Fiio X3)
post #442 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


That's because they DO sound pretty good. Pretty darn good, for that matter. But, who needs ears, when there's... wait for it... measurements! *gasp*

*sigh* Thanks, Inks. Goodbye thread...

P.S. Please stop the incoherence schmincoherence nonsense. Unless you have a faulty unit on your hands, or your ears are simply other-worldly, the SM64 just isn't incoherent. Though I'm willing to bet suddenly, post measurements, many listeners will begin to pop-up and claim otherwise.

Oh! so people who don't feel that the SM64 is good then either their units are faulty or their ears are "other-worldly"?. My Frogbeats C4 has similar dip but less serious in the 3k7 region, at first, i cannot figure it out but lately when seriously compared it to other IEMs, there is actually effect in the sound. As for the SM64, don't like them from the first time putting it on because of what i said. Didn't post here as i just put it on for 15 min and cannot compare it to any IEM.

post #443 of 1220
Thread Starter 
Well maybe the sm64 isn't for those of us who listen primarily to pink noise and sine sweeps instead of music.
post #444 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

Well maybe the sm64 isn't for those of us who listen primarily to pink noise and sine sweeps instead of music.

Missing the point, the sweep is to test the response, the 5k notch obviously messes up its musicality, it's a crucial frequency region.
post #445 of 1220
Thread Starter 
Was anyone questioning this issue with the musicality before the graphs? Do you own the sm64 Inks?
post #446 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

Was anyone questioning this issue with the musicality before the graphs? Do you own the sm64 Inks?

Apparently some were, the owner of the loaned pair wasn't too fond of them either. The graph is showing what's there, not creating an illusion of some sort lol
post #447 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

Do you own the sm64 Inks?

Seeing as how he seemingly dodged the question, I think the answer is pretty obvious...
post #448 of 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


Seeing as how he seemingly dodged the question, I think the answer is pretty obvious...

What is your point? He didn't do the measurements anyway. Is there a problem with these IEMs? Yes there is. End of story

post #449 of 1220
I never heard someone complaining about the SM64 not being musical. The only complaints I saw was stuff like "they sound to warm for me/too much bass/mids".
I mean that doesn't get rid of this 5khz dip, but not many people seem to care about it.
post #450 of 1220

Hilarious as always.  They sounded good to me before and still sound good now.  I was trained as an EE but I still know in this hobby subjectivity is everything.  Measurements are just numbers, if the sound feels right to my ears, that is all.  Peace.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread