Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 1206
It will have to be taken to Rin to know the specifics...
post #407 of 1206

I actually have a pair of the white dampers and Etymotic tool that came with a trade I made recently, but I've never tried doing this before...

I didn't wanna take a chance and -f- anything up.smile.gif

post #408 of 1206
I just saw a pic and it looks like the stock damper can be easily removed and replaced. The best thing to do will be send it to Rin if you're really interested as he can indentify the acoustics of the stock damper and be able to swap back to stock sound when desired. Not only that, specifics of what may be a better damper can be shown
Edited by Inks - 5/14/13 at 12:25am
post #409 of 1206

The damper is at the tip of the nozzle. It used to be in the bottom. It should indeed be very easy to change. Would be great to have someone measure different ones :)

 

PS: to all EarSonics owners out there, buy the Westone Star/True Fit kit. The new Star tips are by far the best tips I´ve used with the SM64 so far. Compared to Shure silicon that I was using previously, there´s more treble without sacrificing the bass at all. Highly recommended. They are made for the 2mm Westone/Shure style nozzles, which the SM64 also uses.

post #410 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrln View Post

PS: to all EarSonics owners out there, buy the Westone Star/True Fit kit. The new Star tips are by far the best tips I´ve used with the SM64 so far. Compared to Shure silicon that I was using previously, there´s more treble without sacrificing the bass at all. Highly recommended. They are made for the 2mm Westone/Shure style nozzles, which the SM64 also uses.

They seem to be favored by many, and not just in use with the SM64. Mine should arrive within the next few days.
post #411 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrln View Post

PS: to all EarSonics owners out there, buy the Westone Star/True Fit kit. The new Star tips are by far the best tips I´ve used with the SM64 so far. Compared to Shure silicon that I was using previously, there´s more treble without sacrificing the bass at all. Highly recommended. They are made for the 2mm Westone/Shure style nozzles, which the SM64 also uses.

 

I agree. I use Westone Star tips on all of my Earsonics (SM1, SM2, SM3 & SM64) IEMs as well as Shure and Westone IEMs.

post #412 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I just saw a pic and it looks like the stock damper can be easily removed and replaced. The best thing to do will be send it to Rin if you're really interested as he can indentify the acoustics of the stock damper and be able to swap back to stock sound when desired. Not only that, specifics of what may be a better damper can be shown

I would've love to contribute to this, but unfortunately I will be unable to do this since my wallet just took a huge blow, and I'm selling my Sm64's.frown.gif

 

Btw, if any U.S. headfiers that missed out on the Soundearphones Sm64 $300 deal are still looking for a pair, I'm your guy...(shameless plug)

 

And yes, I use the Westone tips on my sm3 and sm64.


Edited by wormsdriver - 5/15/13 at 4:33pm
post #413 of 1206
If anyone has some L star tips to spare, PM me! I just need a pair.
post #414 of 1206
After trying numerous tips, including the Star tips, the Phonak tips are definitely my favorite (see post 383). 10 for $15 at earphonesolutions.com including free shipping.
post #415 of 1206

I own the new westone tips but also the Sensorcom double flanges tips that work very well with my SM 64. Isolation is great and comfort is also very good...Highly recommanded....

post #416 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

After trying numerous tips, including the Star tips, the Phonak tips are definitely my favorite (see post 383). 10 for $15 at earphonesolutions.com including free shipping.

The Phonak tips are among the best I've also experienced, except I regretfully no longer own them. Their bore size is perfect, as is their first and seal. Thanks for the link. I might place an order, but only after giving the star tips a go.
post #417 of 1206
I've placed an order for the star tips myself. Fingers crossed they Pam out.
post #418 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I've placed an order for the star tips myself. Fingers crossed they Pam out.

Well let us know how they "Pam " out. biggrin.gif.

 

Everyone has a slightly different earshape, but I felt the silicones were about the same as the stock dual flange. I don't have issues with the stock tips other than a wish for slightly more isolation.

 

I really dig these headphones

post #419 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I just saw a pic and it looks like the stock damper can be easily removed and replaced. The best thing to do will be send it to Rin if you're really interested as he can indentify the acoustics of the stock damper and be able to swap back to stock sound when desired. Not only that, specifics of what may be a better damper can be shown

You've got PM.
post #420 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkRemains View Post

Well let us know how they "Pam " out. biggrin.gif.

 

Everyone has a slightly different earshape, but I felt the silicones were about the same as the stock dual flange. I don't have issues with the stock tips other than a wish for slightly more isolation.

 

I really dig these headphones


Don't worry I'll check back, hopefully soon. Until then, I'm going to throw my SM64's aside for awhile until the new tips come. I like the sig, especially with electronica, but I don't think the sig I'm getting is the one Earsonics intended.

 

P.S.

Pam says hi rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread