Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 1206

good idea, I'll give try that. Thanks!

post #317 of 1206

I've sent the seller an email on eBay hoping they will still honor the coupon code. I'll check back with their final answer.

post #318 of 1206

Well that was quick, I just got a response from soundearphones.com on eBay. Their answer...

 

Sorry, we are out of stock of SM64.

 

I guess the old saying applies...you snooze and you lose

frown.gif

post #319 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

6R it.

Recognized the sad feeling - understand that is the truth and there is nothing you can do about it, Obama can't even stop such a good deal right now..
Relax your body - each time you get upset, there is a membrane between the left brain and the right brain, the membrane also wraps around the brain. Relax that membrane.
Release the sad feeling - let go as if you can visualize a puff of smoke evaporating in the air from your head. Wish that sad feeling good bye and thanks for checking in.
Re-smile
Return to your normal mental states
Re-do above steps until you are smiling again. 

biggrin.gif  <- like this

Hahaha...i like your 6R biggrin.gif
post #320 of 1206

Shoot, out of stock...figures. Was going to order at the discounted price....  mad.gif  But nooooooooo....

post #321 of 1206

If anybody's not gonna keep theirs, let me know.....deadhorse.gif

post #322 of 1206

Just got mine in from Sound Earphones. They sound really good, to be sure. Not sure if I am going to keep them yet or not. 

 

wormsdriver, I'll let ya know. 

post #323 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

If anybody's not gonna keep theirs, let me know.....deadhorse.gif

 

If there's a waitlist or anything on getting them secondhand off people who got in on the deal, count me in as #2. ;)

post #324 of 1206
I thought of ways to describe my experience with my SM64 (v2), and I figured since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'd depict my impressions instead:

37311840.jpg

I rest my case. Seriously, I'm speechless. Nothing more to say at this point. [:
post #325 of 1206
Hahaha...when i look at the picture...i feel the same way as you do. biggrin.gif
post #326 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

I might do a short shoot out between stock cable & Twag V3 when I get it.


I'm considering a re-cable myself. Any updates, Audiowood?

On another note, for those that were curious to know how well the SM64 pairs with the Headstage Arrow 4G, I'll just say this much. Instead of boring you with the details, I know of no other in-ear I've owned that scales this well with the Arrow 4G. The treble and bass boost give a whole new meaning to the SM64. I really can't stress that enough. It's by no means a subtle improvement. The difference, especially with regards to the treble, is quite significant, and exceeded my every expectation.

Even when set to the highest treble boost (setting II), the SM64 retains its polite treble response, and remains free from any unwanted sibilance/harshness. Pretty extraordinary. Unfortunately, having heard this combination, I'm afraid there's just no reverting back to the stock sound signature, at least for me personally. Fortunately, my Arrow 4G has been my primary portable rig for quite some time now, paired with the ODAC, with my S3 as the source. Paired with the SM64, it's what I'd consider the absolute perfect, truly portable audiophile rig.

When the Arrow 4G is removed from the equation, the SM64 returns to its pleasantly warm and dark nature. Not by any means a con, but in my case, the added air and sparkle the Arrow 4G offers is much too significant for me to ignore. That's all for now. smily_headphones1.gif
post #327 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


I'm considering a re-cable myself. Any updates, Audiowood?

On another note, for those that were curious to know how well the SM64 pairs with the Headstage Arrow 4G, I'll just say this much. Instead of boring you with the details, I know of no other in-ear I've owned that scales this well with the Arrow 4G. The treble and bass boost give a whole new meaning to the SM64. I really can't stress that enough. It's by no means a subtle improvement. The difference, especially with regards to the treble, is quite significant, and exceeded my every expectation.

Even when set to the highest treble boost (setting II), the SM64 retains its polite treble response, and remains free from any unwanted sibilance/harshness. Pretty extraordinary. Unfortunately, having heard this combination, I'm afraid there's just no reverting back to the stock sound signature, at least for me personally. Fortunately, my Arrow 4G has been my primary portable rig for quite some time now, paired with the ODAC, with my S3 as the source. Paired with the SM64, it's what I'd consider the absolute perfect, truly portable audiophile rig.

When the Arrow 4G is removed from the equation, the SM64 returns to its pleasantly warm and dark nature. Not by any means a con, but in my case, the added air and sparkle the Arrow 4G offers is much too significant for me to ignore. That's all for now. smily_headphones1.gif


Now you make me want to buy an Arrow 4G again :'(
Shame on you!

post #328 of 1206
For whatever it's worth, I wouldn't personally have purchased the Arrow 4G strictly for use with the SM64, or any one in-ear in particular. In my case, I use my Arrow 4G with all my portable headphones (Momentum & UE9000), as well as in-ears (GR07 MK II, RE-272, and SM64). The Arrow 4G has been by my side long before the SM64, so the SM64 is merely icing on an already yummy cake. But if anyone is in the market for a portable amplifier, and the Arrow 4G falls within their budget, I honestly can't think of the a better suited, truly portable recommendation. Otherwise, enjoying the SM64 just as it is isn't at all difficult.
post #329 of 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

For whatever it's worth, I wouldn't personally have purchased the Arrow 4G strictly for use with the SM64, or any one in-ear in particular. In my case, I use my Arrow 4G with all my portable headphones (Momentum & UE9000), as well as in-ears (GR07 MK II, RE-272, and SM64). The Arrow 4G has been by my side long before the SM64, so the SM64 is merely icing on an already yummy cake. But if anyone is in the market for a portable amplifier, and the Arrow 4G falls within their budget, I honestly can't think of the a better suited, truly portable recommendation. Otherwise, enjoying the SM64 just as it is isn't at all difficult.


My problem is, that I'm still struggling between buying an Arrow 4G to use it with my Cowon J3 OR waiting for the Fiio X3 with it's built-in amp :/ Would be a bit more portable than the J3+4G combo I think, but on the other hand I "fear" that it might not sound as good.
Man, this hobby is nervewracking.

post #330 of 1206
I myself would personally prefer an all in one portable source, we're it not for the Arrow 4G's bass and treble features, that is. I simply know of no other portable amplifier that offers a bass and treble boost as refined sounding as the Arrow 4G. It nearly always seems to add to the performance, versus compromising the overall sound quality. Though, admittedly, my experience with portable amplifiers is still rather limited.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread