How does this compare to the WA6SE or WA2? Any thorough comparisons?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! Last post on Today at 12:21 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Small Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 6/29/13 at 10:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BREAKING NEWS! ALO audio's new portable tube amplifier + DAC! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO audio Holiday SALE on now Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:52pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be had for $1000 or less Last post on 12/17/13 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm - Page 5post #61 of 1123/6/13 at 4:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 1123/7/13 at 11:23pmpost #63 of 1123/8/13 at 2:35pmQuote:
WA7 has a built in DAC. It is a high end, but simple all in one solution.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/8/13 at 4:39pmpost #64 of 1123/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #65 of 1123/10/13 at 11:06pmpost #66 of 1123/13/13 at 9:01am
Anyone heard the Pan Am w/ the HD600 or HD650? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm especially curious how this rates compared to the Bottlehead, for anyone who has heard both.
Edited by imackler - 3/13/13 at 10:19ampost #67 of 1123/13/13 at 9:49amI have not heard the Bottlehead to compare...but I think the WA7 is a fantastic pairing with the HD650. Even better than with my T1s (which surprised me!)
I have found the WA7 to be a little less transparent than my other amp (RWA Corvina). And since the HD650 is not as detailed as the T1, I was thinking that this could lead to the veil I have always heard about with the Senns (but never actually experienced). Not the case at all!
To me, the WA7 enhances everything good about the HD650...and looks great doing it.post #68 of 1123/13/13 at 10:18am
Hello folks - just a input on the on-going discussion from a HD800-user.
Before I bought the WA6-SE with upgrade tubes and WA7 - I listened to WA2, WA22 and the earlier mentioned Woo Audion products.
I would rate like this:
The star of the bunch was WA22 of course - lots of deliscious power and sound. Very clean tonality...
WA6-SE was number two easily with charm and tonality - however miss some power for the Hd800..
I felt WA2 and WA7 was couple of step down in quality.... And equal in sound - there was missing power and control...
At home the WA6-SE is still convincing and at office the WA7 in not yet burnt in and feels mediocre at the moment.
I've bought the tube upgrades and expect the WA7 to shine after the burn-in time! :-)post #69 of 1123/18/13 at 1:35pmpost #70 of 1123/23/13 at 10:52pm
Excellent review, & pics!!! Thanks man! I am leaning heavily on blowing part of my tax return on a good headphone rig, and the Woo just jumped to the top of my list for amps. Cans would be new as well, I was leaning toward Hifiman HE500 or LCD 2 my guess is that either of these two amp/DACs would fit the the bill.post #71 of 1123/24/13 at 2:43pmpost #72 of 1123/26/13 at 10:13ampost #73 of 1123/26/13 at 1:13pm
Does it take the mini or standard USB connection?
Anyone found a difference in using any certain USB with the WA7? I've been using an AudioQuest Forest USB ($35) with my other units but was curious whether going up the line would be beneficial with the Woo. WA7 should be here inside of a couple weeks (hopefully)...post #74 of 1123/29/13 at 4:40pmThread Starter
Standard USB connection. I'd personally suggest putting your money towards a powered USB solution over spending on USB cables, though I do have a few here myself.post #75 of 1123/31/13 at 3:47am
I have a quick question regarding which media player you guys are using. All my library is in FLAC format with different sample rates from 44 KHz to 192 KHz. I have been using MediaMonkey to playback my library to the PanAm via USB. And today, I downloaded JRiver 18 to give a try. However, after setting up all the output the same way as I did in MediaMonkey (WASABI plug-ins) I got an errors message. Do you have any idea where this could come from? Does anyone have a solution?
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 19 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 28 seconds ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 51 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 51 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › STUCK BETWEEN LUDACRIS SL49, SONY MDR-ZX600, JVC HA-S4X. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Hagerman Bugle turn-on pop 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe