How does this compare to the WA6SE or WA2? Any thorough comparisons?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 10/5/14 at 12:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer Last post on 8/12/14 at 8:09am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- New WA7d Fireflies with Two Digital Inputs Last post on 12/23/14 at 6:33pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Choosing between 4 amp/dac Last post on 2/9/14 at 5:26am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
WA7 has a built in DAC. It is a high end, but simple all in one solution.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/8/13 at 4:39pm
Anyone heard the Pan Am w/ the HD600 or HD650? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm especially curious how this rates compared to the Bottlehead, for anyone who has heard both.
Edited by imackler - 3/13/13 at 10:19am
I have found the WA7 to be a little less transparent than my other amp (RWA Corvina). And since the HD650 is not as detailed as the T1, I was thinking that this could lead to the veil I have always heard about with the Senns (but never actually experienced). Not the case at all!
To me, the WA7 enhances everything good about the HD650...and looks great doing it.
Hello folks - just a input on the on-going discussion from a HD800-user.
Before I bought the WA6-SE with upgrade tubes and WA7 - I listened to WA2, WA22 and the earlier mentioned Woo Audion products.
I would rate like this:
The star of the bunch was WA22 of course - lots of deliscious power and sound. Very clean tonality...
WA6-SE was number two easily with charm and tonality - however miss some power for the Hd800..
I felt WA2 and WA7 was couple of step down in quality.... And equal in sound - there was missing power and control...
At home the WA6-SE is still convincing and at office the WA7 in not yet burnt in and feels mediocre at the moment.
I've bought the tube upgrades and expect the WA7 to shine after the burn-in time! :-)
Excellent review, & pics!!! Thanks man! I am leaning heavily on blowing part of my tax return on a good headphone rig, and the Woo just jumped to the top of my list for amps. Cans would be new as well, I was leaning toward Hifiman HE500 or LCD 2 my guess is that either of these two amp/DACs would fit the the bill.
Does it take the mini or standard USB connection?
Anyone found a difference in using any certain USB with the WA7? I've been using an AudioQuest Forest USB ($35) with my other units but was curious whether going up the line would be beneficial with the Woo. WA7 should be here inside of a couple weeks (hopefully)...
Standard USB connection. I'd personally suggest putting your money towards a powered USB solution over spending on USB cables, though I do have a few here myself.
I have a quick question regarding which media player you guys are using. All my library is in FLAC format with different sample rates from 44 KHz to 192 KHz. I have been using MediaMonkey to playback my library to the PanAm via USB. And today, I downloaded JRiver 18 to give a try. However, after setting up all the output the same way as I did in MediaMonkey (WASABI plug-ins) I got an errors message. Do you have any idea where this could come from? Does anyone have a solution?
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH100 and T-PEOS Altone200 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading my iems 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Free 192kHz/24-bit Percussion & Drum Music 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 | Adel A12 - New Flagship Discussion / Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)