How does this compare to the WA6SE or WA2? Any thorough comparisons?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! Last post on 5/23/13 at 8:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Small Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 2/1/13 at 8:41pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- BREAKING NEWS! ALO audio's new portable tube amplifier + DAC! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FS: AKG-Q701+Woo Audio WA7+ North Star DAC192 MKi Last post on 5/20/13 at 7:14am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Woo Audio WA7 vs. Schiit LYR Last post on 5/17/13 at 1:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
WA7 has a built in DAC. It is a high end, but simple all in one solution.
Edited by longbowbbs - 3/8/13 at 4:39pm
Anyone heard the Pan Am w/ the HD600 or HD650? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm especially curious how this rates compared to the Bottlehead, for anyone who has heard both.
Edited by imackler - 3/13/13 at 10:19am
I have found the WA7 to be a little less transparent than my other amp (RWA Corvina). And since the HD650 is not as detailed as the T1, I was thinking that this could lead to the veil I have always heard about with the Senns (but never actually experienced). Not the case at all!
To me, the WA7 enhances everything good about the HD650...and looks great doing it.
Hello folks - just a input on the on-going discussion from a HD800-user.
Before I bought the WA6-SE with upgrade tubes and WA7 - I listened to WA2, WA22 and the earlier mentioned Woo Audion products.
I would rate like this:
The star of the bunch was WA22 of course - lots of deliscious power and sound. Very clean tonality...
WA6-SE was number two easily with charm and tonality - however miss some power for the Hd800..
I felt WA2 and WA7 was couple of step down in quality.... And equal in sound - there was missing power and control...
At home the WA6-SE is still convincing and at office the WA7 in not yet burnt in and feels mediocre at the moment.
I've bought the tube upgrades and expect the WA7 to shine after the burn-in time! :-)
Excellent review, & pics!!! Thanks man! I am leaning heavily on blowing part of my tax return on a good headphone rig, and the Woo just jumped to the top of my list for amps. Cans would be new as well, I was leaning toward Hifiman HE500 or LCD 2 my guess is that either of these two amp/DACs would fit the the bill.
Does it take the mini or standard USB connection?
Anyone found a difference in using any certain USB with the WA7? I've been using an AudioQuest Forest USB ($35) with my other units but was curious whether going up the line would be beneficial with the Woo. WA7 should be here inside of a couple weeks (hopefully)...
Standard USB connection. I'd personally suggest putting your money towards a powered USB solution over spending on USB cables, though I do have a few here myself.
I have a quick question regarding which media player you guys are using. All my library is in FLAC format with different sample rates from 44 KHz to 192 KHz. I have been using MediaMonkey to playback my library to the PanAm via USB. And today, I downloaded JRiver 18 to give a try. However, after setting up all the output the same way as I did in MediaMonkey (WASABI plug-ins) I got an errors message. Do you have any idea where this could come from? Does anyone have a solution?
- A Tale of Two Tube Amps - The Woo Audio WA7 and ALO Audio PanAm
- › Stax Sr507 issue 14 seconds ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 27 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 31 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 33 seconds ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (HifiMan RE400 added , March. 1st, 2013) 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Amphora #16 2 minutes ago
- › How do you carry around expensive IEMs with you? 2 minutes ago
- › Help with a $100 budget on new IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe