It seem that I have inadvertently pushed in one of the little black (foam?) protection pieces (at the end of RE400). Not much (about 1mm) ... and it doesn't affect the sound. Is this bad? Should I recover it with a needle? Can these be removed altogether?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? Last post on 6/12/16 at 9:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 10/13/15 at 8:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
HiFiMAN RE-400 Review - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
do you mean the strain relief? the long rubber between the earpieces and the rubber cable?
No, black circular thing on the end of the IEMs (actually is the tip of the IEMs) ... you have to take the rubber tips of to see it. It is probably some kind of protection. You can see it on the first picture of the first post in this thread (left IEM).
The filter? HiFiMAN sells replacements. They are removeable and actually do tune the sound as well.
The filters? U can easily replace them they come with like 4 pairs of extras. I believe they use adhesive to stick on
Edited by spurxiii - 8/19/13 at 2:03am
i would not recommend any foam tips other than comply really.. comply's fantastic if you don't mind spending 15-20$ every 4-5 months.
the second i would recommend is probably the shure olives (they don't fit the re400s though)
you could try some of those DIY foam earplugs from the hardware store... those work alright.. does not look neat at all or good at all but they're foam and they isolate alright. and are pretty comfortable. but imo they don't feel secure at all, a simple tug and they come off pretty easily
which one are you referring to?
the 3 pairs of complys lasted me about 4-5 monthsish (1 pair was lasted 2 months, 1 pair lasted about about 1.5 months, the last one lasted only 1 month)--> i mostly listen to music on transit(bus, subway) so i compress them no more than 4-5 times a day)
i only used 3/5 pairs of the shures ( lasted me about 8 months?) about equal time each
the foam from department store i had only used 2 pairs ( lasted me about the same on average as the complys) but their so cheap its totally fine like 7 bucks u can get like 30 or so. but they do take some work in cutting and making a whole (takes like 10 minutes, fast imo)
but any eartips changes the sound in some way so be wary it might change it too much for your liking
i used the eartips in the above post for my klipsch s4is
the complys tame the treble(less siblant) the bass pumps up a bit, smoother
the shures pump up the bass more than the complys, the sound becomes faster and more aggessive
as far as i can tell if you don't basically minimal changes at all (your current eartips change the sound a bit too)
the foams from department stores are probably the way to go ( they fit around the nozzle and the when they expand depending on the user)---> if anything there is a slight tone down in bass and treble because it disipates from the resulting foam-- > not sure if this makes sense--> lemme noe
the above foams (shures and complys have different plastic barrels that mount on the nozzle) different plastic and filters can alter the sound quite a bit
but the department foams (DIY) is worth a try! its cheap and u can always use the remaining ones for studying or w/e
hm, that should be fine. I use IEMs just a few times a week.
I find the music a bit more engaging over the stock large double flanges. More comfortable too!
- HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
- › chasing a cheap answer to portable headphone preamps on an iPhone? 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 30 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 37 seconds ago
- › JBL LSR 305 or Presonus Eris E5 54 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Instrument separation 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How do the Edifier e25 Luna Eclipse compare to Audionengine A2s? 4 minutes ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 5 minutes ago
- › Roon is live 5 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...