It seem that I have inadvertently pushed in one of the little black (foam?) protection pieces (at the end of RE400). Not much (about 1mm) ... and it doesn't affect the sound. Is this bad? Should I recover it with a needle? Can these be removed altogether?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? Last post on 6/12/16 at 9:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 8/25/16 at 11:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
HiFiMAN RE-400 Review - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
do you mean the strain relief? the long rubber between the earpieces and the rubber cable?
No, black circular thing on the end of the IEMs (actually is the tip of the IEMs) ... you have to take the rubber tips of to see it. It is probably some kind of protection. You can see it on the first picture of the first post in this thread (left IEM).
The filter? HiFiMAN sells replacements. They are removeable and actually do tune the sound as well.
The filters? U can easily replace them they come with like 4 pairs of extras. I believe they use adhesive to stick on
Edited by spurxiii - 8/19/13 at 2:03am
i would not recommend any foam tips other than comply really.. comply's fantastic if you don't mind spending 15-20$ every 4-5 months.
the second i would recommend is probably the shure olives (they don't fit the re400s though)
you could try some of those DIY foam earplugs from the hardware store... those work alright.. does not look neat at all or good at all but they're foam and they isolate alright. and are pretty comfortable. but imo they don't feel secure at all, a simple tug and they come off pretty easily
which one are you referring to?
the 3 pairs of complys lasted me about 4-5 monthsish (1 pair was lasted 2 months, 1 pair lasted about about 1.5 months, the last one lasted only 1 month)--> i mostly listen to music on transit(bus, subway) so i compress them no more than 4-5 times a day)
i only used 3/5 pairs of the shures ( lasted me about 8 months?) about equal time each
the foam from department store i had only used 2 pairs ( lasted me about the same on average as the complys) but their so cheap its totally fine like 7 bucks u can get like 30 or so. but they do take some work in cutting and making a whole (takes like 10 minutes, fast imo)
but any eartips changes the sound in some way so be wary it might change it too much for your liking
i used the eartips in the above post for my klipsch s4is
the complys tame the treble(less siblant) the bass pumps up a bit, smoother
the shures pump up the bass more than the complys, the sound becomes faster and more aggessive
as far as i can tell if you don't basically minimal changes at all (your current eartips change the sound a bit too)
the foams from department stores are probably the way to go ( they fit around the nozzle and the when they expand depending on the user)---> if anything there is a slight tone down in bass and treble because it disipates from the resulting foam-- > not sure if this makes sense--> lemme noe
the above foams (shures and complys have different plastic barrels that mount on the nozzle) different plastic and filters can alter the sound quite a bit
but the department foams (DIY) is worth a try! its cheap and u can always use the remaining ones for studying or w/e
hm, that should be fine. I use IEMs just a few times a week.
I find the music a bit more engaging over the stock large double flanges. More comfortable too!
- HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 55 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 14 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...