It seem that I have inadvertently pushed in one of the little black (foam?) protection pieces (at the end of RE400). Not much (about 1mm) ... and it doesn't affect the sound. Is this bad? Should I recover it with a needle? Can these be removed altogether?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? Last post on 5/26/16 at 4:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 10/13/15 at 8:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
HiFiMAN RE-400 Review - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
do you mean the strain relief? the long rubber between the earpieces and the rubber cable?
No, black circular thing on the end of the IEMs (actually is the tip of the IEMs) ... you have to take the rubber tips of to see it. It is probably some kind of protection. You can see it on the first picture of the first post in this thread (left IEM).
The filter? HiFiMAN sells replacements. They are removeable and actually do tune the sound as well.
The filters? U can easily replace them they come with like 4 pairs of extras. I believe they use adhesive to stick on
Edited by spurxiii - 8/19/13 at 2:03am
i would not recommend any foam tips other than comply really.. comply's fantastic if you don't mind spending 15-20$ every 4-5 months.
the second i would recommend is probably the shure olives (they don't fit the re400s though)
you could try some of those DIY foam earplugs from the hardware store... those work alright.. does not look neat at all or good at all but they're foam and they isolate alright. and are pretty comfortable. but imo they don't feel secure at all, a simple tug and they come off pretty easily
which one are you referring to?
the 3 pairs of complys lasted me about 4-5 monthsish (1 pair was lasted 2 months, 1 pair lasted about about 1.5 months, the last one lasted only 1 month)--> i mostly listen to music on transit(bus, subway) so i compress them no more than 4-5 times a day)
i only used 3/5 pairs of the shures ( lasted me about 8 months?) about equal time each
the foam from department store i had only used 2 pairs ( lasted me about the same on average as the complys) but their so cheap its totally fine like 7 bucks u can get like 30 or so. but they do take some work in cutting and making a whole (takes like 10 minutes, fast imo)
but any eartips changes the sound in some way so be wary it might change it too much for your liking
i used the eartips in the above post for my klipsch s4is
the complys tame the treble(less siblant) the bass pumps up a bit, smoother
the shures pump up the bass more than the complys, the sound becomes faster and more aggessive
as far as i can tell if you don't basically minimal changes at all (your current eartips change the sound a bit too)
the foams from department stores are probably the way to go ( they fit around the nozzle and the when they expand depending on the user)---> if anything there is a slight tone down in bass and treble because it disipates from the resulting foam-- > not sure if this makes sense--> lemme noe
the above foams (shures and complys have different plastic barrels that mount on the nozzle) different plastic and filters can alter the sound quite a bit
but the department foams (DIY) is worth a try! its cheap and u can always use the remaining ones for studying or w/e
hm, that should be fine. I use IEMs just a few times a week.
I find the music a bit more engaging over the stock large double flanges. More comfortable too!
- HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio e07k vs Schiit fulla 2 minutes ago
- › Signal Transformers Finemet Core 3 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 V1 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...