It seem that I have inadvertently pushed in one of the little black (foam?) protection pieces (at the end of RE400). Not much (about 1mm) ... and it doesn't affect the sound. Is this bad? Should I recover it with a needle? Can these be removed altogether?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 7/25/15 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Chord & Major Rock 8'13" In Ear Monitors Last post on 2/3/15 at 9:10am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
HiFiMAN RE-400 Review - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
do you mean the strain relief? the long rubber between the earpieces and the rubber cable?
No, black circular thing on the end of the IEMs (actually is the tip of the IEMs) ... you have to take the rubber tips of to see it. It is probably some kind of protection. You can see it on the first picture of the first post in this thread (left IEM).
The filter? HiFiMAN sells replacements. They are removeable and actually do tune the sound as well.
The filters? U can easily replace them they come with like 4 pairs of extras. I believe they use adhesive to stick on
Edited by spurxiii - 8/19/13 at 2:03am
i would not recommend any foam tips other than comply really.. comply's fantastic if you don't mind spending 15-20$ every 4-5 months.
the second i would recommend is probably the shure olives (they don't fit the re400s though)
you could try some of those DIY foam earplugs from the hardware store... those work alright.. does not look neat at all or good at all but they're foam and they isolate alright. and are pretty comfortable. but imo they don't feel secure at all, a simple tug and they come off pretty easily
which one are you referring to?
the 3 pairs of complys lasted me about 4-5 monthsish (1 pair was lasted 2 months, 1 pair lasted about about 1.5 months, the last one lasted only 1 month)--> i mostly listen to music on transit(bus, subway) so i compress them no more than 4-5 times a day)
i only used 3/5 pairs of the shures ( lasted me about 8 months?) about equal time each
the foam from department store i had only used 2 pairs ( lasted me about the same on average as the complys) but their so cheap its totally fine like 7 bucks u can get like 30 or so. but they do take some work in cutting and making a whole (takes like 10 minutes, fast imo)
but any eartips changes the sound in some way so be wary it might change it too much for your liking
i used the eartips in the above post for my klipsch s4is
the complys tame the treble(less siblant) the bass pumps up a bit, smoother
the shures pump up the bass more than the complys, the sound becomes faster and more aggessive
as far as i can tell if you don't basically minimal changes at all (your current eartips change the sound a bit too)
the foams from department stores are probably the way to go ( they fit around the nozzle and the when they expand depending on the user)---> if anything there is a slight tone down in bass and treble because it disipates from the resulting foam-- > not sure if this makes sense--> lemme noe
the above foams (shures and complys have different plastic barrels that mount on the nozzle) different plastic and filters can alter the sound quite a bit
but the department foams (DIY) is worth a try! its cheap and u can always use the remaining ones for studying or w/e
hm, that should be fine. I use IEMs just a few times a week.
I find the music a bit more engaging over the stock large double flanges. More comfortable too!
- HiFiMAN RE-400 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › HD800 Stock Cable 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (8/22) 2 minutes ago
- › NAD D1050 DAC and headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › New on head-fi 6 minutes ago
- › Dapper Digital Audio Player sync utility for Mac released on the... 7 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3