You can do a quick search to find a more detailed comparison, but the Dj100 are more mid-centric whereas the CALs are more V-shaped. They are nothing at all alike imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 65post #961 of 32033/24/13 at 5:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 32033/24/13 at 6:21am
now is definitely the time to grab a pair of westone 4s. dependable resources is selling them for $319 through amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. not as good as the deal from sound professionals, but the 2 day shipping could be worth the $20 to some peoplepost #963 of 32033/24/13 at 6:42am
Black AKG K551 for 192,73 € (~ £ 164) sold by Amazon.de or 189,84 € sold by a third party seller and fullfilled by Amazon. :)
Edited by MrScratch - 3/24/13 at 6:44ampost #964 of 32033/24/13 at 9:35amQuote:
I used the Shure SRH840 pads and the comfort improved drastically.post #965 of 32033/24/13 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by newphonesQuote:Originally Posted by KG Jag
The Koss ProDJ100 Headphones from Amazon prime for $48.16:
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI/ [Mod Edit: Please delete the part of the URL after the "B00" item ID. Thanks]
One third party seller slightly lower--including standard shipping.
How do these compare to CAL creatives?
In addition to price, the CAL! is more efficient; has a two piece cable and a more balanced sound signature. The Koss is more mid-centric, forward and "fun".post #966 of 32033/24/13 at 1:14pmpost #967 of 32033/24/13 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by shuman0101
This is what I hate about audiophiles. What's wrong with owning beats headphones? if it sounds good to the individual in question, that is all that matters. No, it doesn't mean that they have "bad taste", it just means that they have different priorities than you do. "Taste" is subjective, and if you get off your high horse, you might just learn to respect the fact that other people's opinions and tastes are different from yours.
hahah... i don't care what people have. i was just explaining semicoln's comments.post #968 of 32033/24/13 at 1:17pm
Free shipping plus 5$ off with "DIG5" coupon. Amazon has the same for 172Quote:
Well, I apologize to you and redirect that comment to the bigot who wrote that :)post #969 of 32033/24/13 at 1:19pmpost #970 of 32033/24/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by money4me247
It means that Beats have "53% of a US headphone market."
This isn't creditable at all. Statistics can be skewed and biased, everyone knows that. Plus, there a plenty of "American" audio companies that make good products. "Taste" can be generalized to fit an entire country, that in itself is "bad" taste.post #972 of 32033/24/13 at 2:37pmpost #973 of 32033/24/13 at 2:38pmQuote:
Didn't you just make my point? American headphone companies would all be doing poorly if they had bad "taste". You mentioned Shure, they are an excellent company, who makes great products and oh... is American. Same goes with Audeze, american headphone company, one of the most popular companies on these forums and others in the industry. Point is, that statement is ludicrous with absolutely no evidence to support it.
So I'm not derailing the thread, here's a deal!
Shure SRH-440 - 65$post #975 of 32033/24/13 at 3:13pmActually is quite simple to get the numbers: a company published how many headphones they sold last year against all headphones sold during the same period. I do believe 53% is a very conservative number...
We should open another thread before getting in trouble:
AKG K550 250$
This thread is locked
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Orthodynamic Yamaha HP-1 [European] 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › The best full-sized- sub 60$? 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR710LP Lightweight ULTRA PORTABLE Headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 thread 11 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 - Replacement Cables 11 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)