You can do a quick search to find a more detailed comparison, but the Dj100 are more mid-centric whereas the CALs are more V-shaped. They are nothing at all alike imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Quick Review Thanks to HiFiMAN for the samples. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/752969/hifiman-re-300a-and-re-300h-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
now is definitely the time to grab a pair of westone 4s. dependable resources is selling them for $319 through amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. not as good as the deal from sound professionals, but the 2 day shipping could be worth the $20 to some people
Black AKG K551 for 192,73 € (~ £ 164) sold by Amazon.de or 189,84 € sold by a third party seller and fullfilled by Amazon. :)
Edited by MrScratch - 3/24/13 at 6:44am
I used the Shure SRH840 pads and the comfort improved drastically.
The Koss ProDJ100 Headphones from Amazon prime for $48.16:
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI/ [Mod Edit: Please delete the part of the URL after the "B00" item ID. Thanks]
One third party seller slightly lower--including standard shipping.
How do these compare to CAL creatives?
In addition to price, the CAL! is more efficient; has a two piece cable and a more balanced sound signature. The Koss is more mid-centric, forward and "fun".
This is what I hate about audiophiles. What's wrong with owning beats headphones? if it sounds good to the individual in question, that is all that matters. No, it doesn't mean that they have "bad taste", it just means that they have different priorities than you do. "Taste" is subjective, and if you get off your high horse, you might just learn to respect the fact that other people's opinions and tastes are different from yours.
hahah... i don't care what people have. i was just explaining semicoln's comments.
Free shipping plus 5$ off with "DIG5" coupon. Amazon has the same for 172
Well, I apologize to you and redirect that comment to the bigot who wrote that :)
It means that Beats have "53% of a US headphone market."
This isn't creditable at all. Statistics can be skewed and biased, everyone knows that. Plus, there a plenty of "American" audio companies that make good products. "Taste" can be generalized to fit an entire country, that in itself is "bad" taste.
Didn't you just make my point? American headphone companies would all be doing poorly if they had bad "taste". You mentioned Shure, they are an excellent company, who makes great products and oh... is American. Same goes with Audeze, american headphone company, one of the most popular companies on these forums and others in the industry. Point is, that statement is ludicrous with absolutely no evidence to support it.
So I'm not derailing the thread, here's a deal!
Shure SRH-440 - 65$
We should open another thread before getting in trouble:
AKG K550 250$
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 13 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 50 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › How exactly does an amp effect sound? 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3