You can do a quick search to find a more detailed comparison, but the Dj100 are more mid-centric whereas the CALs are more V-shaped. They are nothing at all alike imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
now is definitely the time to grab a pair of westone 4s. dependable resources is selling them for $319 through amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. not as good as the deal from sound professionals, but the 2 day shipping could be worth the $20 to some people
Black AKG K551 for 192,73 € (~ £ 164) sold by Amazon.de or 189,84 € sold by a third party seller and fullfilled by Amazon. :)
Edited by MrScratch - 3/24/13 at 6:44am
I used the Shure SRH840 pads and the comfort improved drastically.
The Koss ProDJ100 Headphones from Amazon prime for $48.16:
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI/ [Mod Edit: Please delete the part of the URL after the "B00" item ID. Thanks]
One third party seller slightly lower--including standard shipping.
How do these compare to CAL creatives?
In addition to price, the CAL! is more efficient; has a two piece cable and a more balanced sound signature. The Koss is more mid-centric, forward and "fun".
This is what I hate about audiophiles. What's wrong with owning beats headphones? if it sounds good to the individual in question, that is all that matters. No, it doesn't mean that they have "bad taste", it just means that they have different priorities than you do. "Taste" is subjective, and if you get off your high horse, you might just learn to respect the fact that other people's opinions and tastes are different from yours.
hahah... i don't care what people have. i was just explaining semicoln's comments.
Free shipping plus 5$ off with "DIG5" coupon. Amazon has the same for 172
Well, I apologize to you and redirect that comment to the bigot who wrote that :)
It means that Beats have "53% of a US headphone market."
This isn't creditable at all. Statistics can be skewed and biased, everyone knows that. Plus, there a plenty of "American" audio companies that make good products. "Taste" can be generalized to fit an entire country, that in itself is "bad" taste.
Didn't you just make my point? American headphone companies would all be doing poorly if they had bad "taste". You mentioned Shure, they are an excellent company, who makes great products and oh... is American. Same goes with Audeze, american headphone company, one of the most popular companies on these forums and others in the industry. Point is, that statement is ludicrous with absolutely no evidence to support it.
So I'm not derailing the thread, here's a deal!
Shure SRH-440 - 65$
We should open another thread before getting in trouble:
AKG K550 250$
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 27 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 43 seconds ago
- › FS: Philips SHP9500 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for choosing overear headphones with large soundstage for... 4 minutes ago
- › ***PRICE DROP*** Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)