You can do a quick search to find a more detailed comparison, but the Dj100 are more mid-centric whereas the CALs are more V-shaped. They are nothing at all alike imo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
now is definitely the time to grab a pair of westone 4s. dependable resources is selling them for $319 through amazon with free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. not as good as the deal from sound professionals, but the 2 day shipping could be worth the $20 to some people
Black AKG K551 for 192,73 € (~ £ 164) sold by Amazon.de or 189,84 € sold by a third party seller and fullfilled by Amazon. :)
Edited by MrScratch - 3/24/13 at 6:44am
I used the Shure SRH840 pads and the comfort improved drastically.
The Koss ProDJ100 Headphones from Amazon prime for $48.16:
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI/ [Mod Edit: Please delete the part of the URL after the "B00" item ID. Thanks]
One third party seller slightly lower--including standard shipping.
How do these compare to CAL creatives?
In addition to price, the CAL! is more efficient; has a two piece cable and a more balanced sound signature. The Koss is more mid-centric, forward and "fun".
This is what I hate about audiophiles. What's wrong with owning beats headphones? if it sounds good to the individual in question, that is all that matters. No, it doesn't mean that they have "bad taste", it just means that they have different priorities than you do. "Taste" is subjective, and if you get off your high horse, you might just learn to respect the fact that other people's opinions and tastes are different from yours.
hahah... i don't care what people have. i was just explaining semicoln's comments.
Free shipping plus 5$ off with "DIG5" coupon. Amazon has the same for 172
Well, I apologize to you and redirect that comment to the bigot who wrote that :)
It means that Beats have "53% of a US headphone market."
This isn't creditable at all. Statistics can be skewed and biased, everyone knows that. Plus, there a plenty of "American" audio companies that make good products. "Taste" can be generalized to fit an entire country, that in itself is "bad" taste.
Didn't you just make my point? American headphone companies would all be doing poorly if they had bad "taste". You mentioned Shure, they are an excellent company, who makes great products and oh... is American. Same goes with Audeze, american headphone company, one of the most popular companies on these forums and others in the industry. Point is, that statement is ludicrous with absolutely no evidence to support it.
So I'm not derailing the thread, here's a deal!
Shure SRH-440 - 65$
We should open another thread before getting in trouble:
AKG K550 250$
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 1 minute ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2