Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Image courtesy of HiFiMan INTRODUCTION The HE400S is HiFiMan's latest offering in the HE400 series of open-back over-ear planar headphones. I first read about them in a teaser email HiFiMan...
Disclaimer. I was provided a pair of S3's by Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased review. Second disclaimer, I'm a big fan of the Brainwavz house sound, especially the latest offerings. It amazes...
I found these back in last year when I was on the funs of looking for good quality budget IEMS. I was very impressed by these back then, and I put it away for a while. Today, I got back to it,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You should open and use those headphones quickly. To date, the only semi-recent headphone that I've known to have gone up in value is the Denon AH-D2000, 5000 and 7000 series. Time's a ticking.
There's a D5000 for sale right now in the FS/T forum. He's asking $525.00, here is the link:
Well worth it. Spend your "mmoney." The D5000 is a terrific HP and the replacement version of it is something like $700. If you can find a "like new" set for $500ish you'll be glad you made the investment.
I got mine pair in like new condition for only $455 and I would have paid $100 more after I saw how beautiful they were and the sound is jaw dropping. I keep thinking about selling them because I could get more than what I paid for them but I can't bring myself to part with them. Only way I give them up is if I get the D7k's and like them more than the 5k's.
On that note, does anyone know where you can get JMoney pads? Or are the angled pads from Lawton Audio better?? Does anyone have any experience with either and where is the best place to pick them up.
Funny, I sold all the headphones I started out with recently and they had all gone up. The Sony XB700's and Sleek Audio SA6's in particular sold for much more than I paid for them....
At this point, the only J$ pads available would be pre-owned. They crop up from time to time on the For Sale forum here.
I'm glad I got both of the Denon top tier here at home, D5000 & D7000 definitely worth the money, can only see these phones going up in price as time goes by.
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 26 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 33 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › A Brief Guide to Audio for the Skeptical Consumer 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Universal Adjustable Height Aluminum Headphone Stand -... 3 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Brainwavz S3 by shockdoc
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by sirylj
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2