So... Very... Ugly... Eesh!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for some bass headgear Last post on 4/21/13 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noob went and gone dun it again. I need some help/recommendations, not digging my new HD 598s. Last post on 8/13/13 at 9:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) - Page 152
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Might as well share my recommended gaming headset: *any* good sounding headphones (I'm sure you each have many haha) and this clip-on microphone:
IMO this mic is always a deal even at $15+ and right now its $8.50. Just remember to place it really close to your face so that it's at about the same distance that a boom mic would be at and you'll get great performance and the added perk of being able to use whatever headphones you want to use for that gaming session. It works out really well for me.
Dude, that's awesome! I'm definitely going to need one of these, thanks for the recommendation!
The QC on those is pretty hit or miss. Some people love them, other people hate them. I'm a hater. I picked up a LVA-7330 off eBay and couldn't be happier. If you really want something awesome, a Antlion Modmic is your best bet, but they're constantly on back order.
+1 on all the above
I own that mic and I was not a fan. Super long cord to start and my friends online were always complaining about the sound and feedback the mic was giving. The SS at least that version for sale is fugly but still a great gaming can. Comfy zero clamping and works great with my Mixamp. Again for under $40 can't really go wrong. I upgraded to the MMX300 which are freaking bonkers, but it doesn't hurt to have more than one pair you know...
I have one and love it. Clips right onto the cable of whatever headphones I'm using at the moment (as long as the cable isn't super thick). It would be nice if there was a cheap way to use this setup with a console, I'm not aware of one. I'm intrigued by the idea of the built in headphone jack on the new PS4 remote, it would be really cool if that worked with a typical 3.5 mm headset plug, though I'm not sure that it will. I do love the idea of being able to plug in my headphones right there on my controller though.
Can't believe I am actually posting this, but the SOUL by Ludacris (White) is only $73 on Amazon. They actually get decent reviews: www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z57XPQ
The Vmoda's are considerably better in terms of both south quality and (especially) build quality, but the Vmoda's don't sell for $73.
Rosewill RHTS-12006 Canal High Fidelity Passive Noise Rosewood Wood Earphones - $6.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "EMCYTZT3625" (Exp 6/16)
Pioneer SE-CL331-H Water-Resistant Stereo Earphones - Free after Rebate + Free Shipping
Scosche IDR305MD Increased Dynamic Range Dark Earphones w/ tapLINE II and Mic - $1.00 Free Shipping after rebate
- The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 3 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Oldest headphones you currently own and use. 4 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2