Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Quattro De Mayo Seattle meet. 5/04/13 West Seattle Library
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quattro De Mayo Seattle meet. 5/04/13 West Seattle Library - Page 7  

post #91 of 133

We hope to have a new amp finished in time for the meet, that will be running a pair of HD-800s with a balanced cable. 

post #92 of 133

Hi Flatmap -- I'm excited to come up! The H1-A has an adjustable lo-med-hi impedence setting which helps it pair very well with various headphones. At the Portland event we heard it with the 800s which sounded great -- and also Audeze LCD2s, AKG 701s, a variety of Grados, plus several others which head-fiers kindly brought. I enjoyed all of them. One of my personal favorites is always the slightly warmer Senn HD650s.

post #93 of 133

I'll be bringing in LCD2, 3, and HD800 at the Stratus and X-Sabre table. I think KingStyles' table must be next to mine with the ECBA next to the Stratus, correct? :)

post #94 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribeye View Post

hey guys,

 

is there some sort of equipment list? I'll be coming from Canada and because Canadian customs are a pain to deal with, I only want to bring the stuff you guys don't already have.

I made a quick preliminary list of gear confirmed for the meet:

 

Girls Generation: X-Sabre, DNA Sonette 2, DNA Status, Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2.2
BIG POPPA: Woo Audio WA3, HD650, MS2, MS-1, B&W P5
Wharfrat: Coffman Labs G1-A, Cayin ST-50, Audio Technica ATH AD2000, Sennheiser HD650, HiFiMAN HE-6 (prototype), Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ω from 2005), Denon AH-D7000
palmfish: Sennheiser HD800
hiiisociety: Audeze LCD-2
KingStyles: Stax SR-009
miceblue: Objective 2, Objective DAC, JDS Labs C5, FiiO E12 and E7, FiiO L3 and L9 line-out dock connectors, K 701 (8-bump version), V-MODA Crossfade M-100
ShortieFish: Denon AH-D2000, FiiO E7
Joshatdot: Little Dot MK II
DrForBin: AKG K550, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, Etymotic ER-4S, iPods
MusicPDX: Coffman Labs H1-A
Doc B.: Bottlehead amplifiers, Sennheiser HD800

atomicbob: Woo Audio WA7, Beyerdynamic T90

ribeye: Schiit Audio Mjolnir, Wyred 4 Sound W4S DAC-2


Edited by miceblue - 4/30/13 at 12:42pm
post #95 of 133

atomicbob will be there with a woo WA7 and Beyerdynamic T90

post #96 of 133

I don't see my gear on the list, other than the LCD-3s. I guess I'll bring my Mjolnir and W4S DAC-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I made a quick preliminary list of gear confirmed for the meet:

 

Girls Generation: X-Sabre, DNA Sonette 2, DNA Status, Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2.2
BIG POPPA: Woo Audio WA3, HD650, MS2, MS-1, B&W P5
Wharfrat: Coffman Labs G1-A, Cayin ST-50, Audio Technica ATH AD2000, Sennheiser HD650, HiFiMAN HE-6 (prototype), Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ω from 2005), Denon AH-D7000
palmfish: Sennheiser HD800
hiiisociety: Audeze LCD-2
KingStyles: Stax SR-009
miceblue: Objective 2, Objective DAC, JDS Labs C5, FiiO E12 and E7, FiiO L3 and L9 line-out dock connectors, K 701 (8-bump version), V-MODA Crossfade M-100
ShortieFish: Denon AH-D2000, FiiO E7
Joshatdot: Little Dot MK II
DrForBin: AKG K550, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, Etymotic ER-4S, iPods
MusicPDX: Coffman Labs H1-A
Doc B.: Bottlehead amplifiers, Sennheiser HD800

atomicbob: Woo Audio WA7, Beyerdynamic T90

post #97 of 133
I'll have my Fostex's and Signature DJ's. Hopefully Kingstyles ECBA will make it. Should be a nice pairing (my HP's are wired balanced).
post #98 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2man View Post

I'll have my Fostex's and Signature DJ's. Hopefully Kingstyles ECBA will make it. Should be a nice pairing (my HP's are wired balanced).

Ooh, I've been wanting to give the Signature DJ's a listen.

 


Updated list:

 

Girls Generation: X-Sabre, DNA Sonette 2, DNA Status, Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD-3 and LCD-2.2
BIG POPPA: Woo Audio WA3, HD650, MS2, MS-1, B&W P5
Wharfrat: Coffman Labs G1-A, Cayin ST-50, Audio Technica ATH AD2000, Sennheiser HD650, HiFiMAN HE-6 (prototype), Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 Ω from 2005), Denon AH-D7000
palmfish: Sennheiser HD800
hiiisociety: Audeze LCD-2
KingStyles: Stax SR-009
miceblue: Objective 2, Objective DAC, JDS Labs C5, FiiO E12 and E7, FiiO L3 and L9 line-out dock connectors, K 701 (8-bump version), V-MODA Crossfade M-100
ShortieFish: Denon AH-D2000, FiiO E7
Joshatdot: Little Dot MK II
DrForBin: AKG K550, Sennheiser HD25-1 II, Etymotic ER-4S, iPods
MusicPDX: Coffman Labs H1-A
Doc B.: Bottlehead amplifiers, Sennheiser HD800

atomicbob: Woo Audio WA7, Beyerdynamic T90

ribeye: Schiit Audio Mjolnir, Wyred 4 Sound W4S DAC-2

m2man: Fostex TH-900, Ultrasone Signature DJ

post #99 of 133

OK, the new headphone amp prototype is up and running and kicking some butt. Barring any unforeseen blowups it should be at the meet. Would you guys prefer to audition it with tape or the latest iteration of our upcoming DAC kit and a Mac music server? This DAC is nice step forward from the one we have been demoing the last year or two.

 


Edited by Doc B. - 4/30/13 at 5:17pm
post #100 of 133

LCD-2s and LCD-3s marry me oh my god

post #101 of 133
No sr-009 this time. It will be the usual skylla/ba/lcd3
Quote:
OK, the new headphone amp prototype is up and running and kicking some butt. Barring any unforeseen blowups it should be at the meet. Would you guys prefer to audition it with tape or the latest iteration of our upcoming DAC kit and a Mac music server? This DAC is nice step forward from the one we have been demoing the last year or two.
No teasing us with the tape setup. I cant afford the music for one.smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by KingStyles - 4/30/13 at 6:02pm
post #102 of 133
Thread Starter 
Hey dan, we are in the basement. The tapeplayer may be a bear to move. Just sayin.
post #103 of 133
Thanks Gil. Sounds like a good excuse to show off the DAC.
post #104 of 133

I would like to hear the Bottlehead DAC.

 

@Gil: does load-in start at 10:00AM or some particular earlier time? Do we have to be out by 4:00PM or sometime after?

post #105 of 133

Gil thanks  for organizing this meet. Sorry couldn't make it last time. Will bring HD650, HD800, Edition8, GMP435, MB Quart 400. Headroom Home Headphone Amp, SPL Phonitor. Sony SCD-XA5400ES, Panasonic DMP-BDT500.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Quattro De Mayo Seattle meet. 5/04/13 West Seattle Library