- 5 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-450tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productULTRASONE HFI 700tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/16/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux 668B vs Ultrasone HFI 580 Last post on 2/15/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried they might be fake? should i trust amazon? (ultrasone hfi 780) Last post on 2/5/13 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing the right amp - Ultrasone HFI 2400 Last post on 1/14/13 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
From my personal experience the 580 would be a great place to start. I wish I could say I've heard the pro700mk2, but from what I've seen it's main trait is the bass, where as the 580 is a bit more well rounded.
Not sure if this helps... haha. Either way I'm sure you can't go wrong.
If you have ever heard the ADH M50, add a larger driver (53 mm) with greater Bass extension and you've got the Pro700 MKII. It's a tiny tad brighter than the M50, but I think they voiced it that way to compensate for the more prominent Bass. They sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side from the previous poster in that I have never heard the HFI 580. I do have the Pro 900s and they have the most hard hitting Bass of any headphone I've heard. It too has a somewhat bright top end though. Sometimes it can come off as detailed, other times too bright. The same basically could be said for the 700 though... Personally I ended up with an HE400 and it's best of all worlds.
Edited by bareyb - 2/15/13 at 8:02pm
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Official plans for firmware updates for the X5 after version 1.10,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The World’s First Hybrid Earbud, The Grand Launch! DUNU Alpha 1 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)