- 5 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-450tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productULTRASONE HFI 700tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/16/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux 668B vs Ultrasone HFI 580 Last post on 2/15/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried they might be fake? should i trust amazon? (ultrasone hfi 780) Last post on 2/5/13 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing the right amp - Ultrasone HFI 2400 Last post on 1/14/13 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2post #1 of 42/15/13 at 7:28pmThread StarterI was wondering which would be better for me. I listen to mostly rap and i want headphones with very good bass (and crisp bass) while at the same time having great sound quality. Which one would you recommend and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 42/15/13 at 7:37pm
From my personal experience the 580 would be a great place to start. I wish I could say I've heard the pro700mk2, but from what I've seen it's main trait is the bass, where as the 580 is a bit more well rounded.
Not sure if this helps... haha. Either way I'm sure you can't go wrong.post #3 of 42/15/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #4 of 42/15/13 at 8:01pm
If you have ever heard the ADH M50, add a larger driver (53 mm) with greater Bass extension and you've got the Pro700 MKII. It's a tiny tad brighter than the M50, but I think they voiced it that way to compensate for the more prominent Bass. They sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side from the previous poster in that I have never heard the HFI 580. I do have the Pro 900s and they have the most hard hitting Bass of any headphone I've heard. It too has a somewhat bright top end though. Sometimes it can come off as detailed, other times too bright. The same basically could be said for the 700 though... Personally I ended up with an HE400 and it's best of all worlds.
Edited by bareyb - 2/15/13 at 8:02pm
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › FS: Mint AKG K240S 1 minute ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is the best/hottest deal you ever got on headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Great Modern Classical Recordings 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude