- 5 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-450tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone HFI-680tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productULTRASONE HFI 700tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/16/13 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2 Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Superlux 668B vs Ultrasone HFI 580 Last post on 2/15/13 at 2:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worried they might be fake? should i trust amazon? (ultrasone hfi 780) Last post on 2/5/13 at 8:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing the right amp - Ultrasone HFI 2400 Last post on 1/14/13 at 9:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2post #1 of 42/15/13 at 7:28pmThread StarterI was wondering which would be better for me. I listen to mostly rap and i want headphones with very good bass (and crisp bass) while at the same time having great sound quality. Which one would you recommend and why?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 42/15/13 at 7:37pm
From my personal experience the 580 would be a great place to start. I wish I could say I've heard the pro700mk2, but from what I've seen it's main trait is the bass, where as the 580 is a bit more well rounded.
Not sure if this helps... haha. Either way I'm sure you can't go wrong.post #3 of 42/15/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #4 of 42/15/13 at 8:01pm
If you have ever heard the ADH M50, add a larger driver (53 mm) with greater Bass extension and you've got the Pro700 MKII. It's a tiny tad brighter than the M50, but I think they voiced it that way to compensate for the more prominent Bass. They sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately, I'm on the other side from the previous poster in that I have never heard the HFI 580. I do have the Pro 900s and they have the most hard hitting Bass of any headphone I've heard. It too has a somewhat bright top end though. Sometimes it can come off as detailed, other times too bright. The same basically could be said for the 700 though... Personally I ended up with an HE400 and it's best of all worlds.
Edited by bareyb - 2/15/13 at 8:02pm
- Ultrasone HFI 580 vs. Audio Technica Pro700mk2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Ideas for ideal workout headphones? 17 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 40 seconds ago
- › Narmoo! What is that? NEW iem from New company the RIM. 46 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 55 seconds ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 55 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Big gear sell off Beyer T90, ESW9 added 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude