Loved the 598s and regret selling them a bit also (maybe I'll pick them back up if there's a deal I can't refuse). Listening to these is a beautiful, magical experience IMHO and they shine with everything from rock to electronica and definitely movie soundtracks. It's an amazing headphone. If you get them, I hope you enjoy them.
Related Forum Threads
- I'm looking for.. a lot of bass and forward mids Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions for Classical/Vocal Last post on 7/29/11 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones 150-200? Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?) Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you Bngbox and Streetdragon for the follow up. That's pretty much what it comes down to then, whether or not I plan to use headphones in a noisy room or not. For the most part the room is quiet and I can set time out for myself for listening but I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. I still got some time before I make my decision and I'm sure I'll debate this with a closed pair all the way until I hit that "purchase" button ha, ha. I like what I'm hearing about the 598's though and it sounds like they should be worth it.
Hey you guys have been awesome with your advice.
- First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Jitter Correlation to Audibility 40 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 53 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › HD600 and DT880/600 Amp 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)