Loved the 598s and regret selling them a bit also (maybe I'll pick them back up if there's a deal I can't refuse). Listening to these is a beautiful, magical experience IMHO and they shine with everything from rock to electronica and definitely movie soundtracks. It's an amazing headphone. If you get them, I hope you enjoy them.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- I'm looking for.. a lot of bass and forward mids Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions for Classical/Vocal Last post on 7/29/11 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones 150-200? Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?) Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you Bngbox and Streetdragon for the follow up. That's pretty much what it comes down to then, whether or not I plan to use headphones in a noisy room or not. For the most part the room is quiet and I can set time out for myself for listening but I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. I still got some time before I make my decision and I'm sure I'll debate this with a closed pair all the way until I hit that "purchase" button ha, ha. I like what I'm hearing about the 598's though and it sounds like they should be worth it.
Hey you guys have been awesome with your advice.
- First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 15 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 15 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 17 seconds ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › What's the Problem with the Sennheiser IE800 Compared to Other IEMs? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2