Loved the 598s and regret selling them a bit also (maybe I'll pick them back up if there's a deal I can't refuse). Listening to these is a beautiful, magical experience IMHO and they shine with everything from rock to electronica and definitely movie soundtracks. It's an amazing headphone. If you get them, I hope you enjoy them.
Related Forum Threads
- I'm looking for.. a lot of bass and forward mids Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions for Classical/Vocal Last post on 7/29/11 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones 150-200? Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?) Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts? - Page 2post #16 of 192/19/13 at 12:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 192/19/13 at 12:37pmThread Starter
Thank you Bngbox and Streetdragon for the follow up. That's pretty much what it comes down to then, whether or not I plan to use headphones in a noisy room or not. For the most part the room is quiet and I can set time out for myself for listening but I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. I still got some time before I make my decision and I'm sure I'll debate this with a closed pair all the way until I hit that "purchase" button ha, ha. I like what I'm hearing about the 598's though and it sounds like they should be worth it.
Hey you guys have been awesome with your advice.
--The Fifthpost #18 of 192/19/13 at 12:44pmThread Starter
- First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 57 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › Woodify a Sony Mdr-7506 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 5 sound quality 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › What are the best Headphones under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob