Loved the 598s and regret selling them a bit also (maybe I'll pick them back up if there's a deal I can't refuse). Listening to these is a beautiful, magical experience IMHO and they shine with everything from rock to electronica and definitely movie soundtracks. It's an amazing headphone. If you get them, I hope you enjoy them.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- I'm looking for.. a lot of bass and forward mids Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions for Classical/Vocal Last post on 7/29/11 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones 150-200? Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?) Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you Bngbox and Streetdragon for the follow up. That's pretty much what it comes down to then, whether or not I plan to use headphones in a noisy room or not. For the most part the room is quiet and I can set time out for myself for listening but I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. I still got some time before I make my decision and I'm sure I'll debate this with a closed pair all the way until I hit that "purchase" button ha, ha. I like what I'm hearing about the 598's though and it sounds like they should be worth it.
Hey you guys have been awesome with your advice.
- First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 24 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 32 seconds ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 1 minute ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › asus xonar ds combined with a beyerdynamics dt880. Do i need to... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2