Loved the 598s and regret selling them a bit also (maybe I'll pick them back up if there's a deal I can't refuse). Listening to these is a beautiful, magical experience IMHO and they shine with everything from rock to electronica and definitely movie soundtracks. It's an amazing headphone. If you get them, I hope you enjoy them.
Related Forum Threads
- I'm looking for.. a lot of bass and forward mids Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions for Classical/Vocal Last post on 7/29/11 at 5:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best open headphones 150-200? Last post on 1/10/11 at 10:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 Discontinued (?) Last post on 2/28/12 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you Bngbox and Streetdragon for the follow up. That's pretty much what it comes down to then, whether or not I plan to use headphones in a noisy room or not. For the most part the room is quiet and I can set time out for myself for listening but I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. I still got some time before I make my decision and I'm sure I'll debate this with a closed pair all the way until I hit that "purchase" button ha, ha. I like what I'm hearing about the 598's though and it sounds like they should be worth it.
Hey you guys have been awesome with your advice.
- First Time Listener Considering Sennheiser HD598 - Your Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 23 seconds ago
- › Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › EAX vs dolby headphone / onboard vs Xonar STX 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)