Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › iFi iDAC & iUSBPower appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iFi iDAC & iUSBPower appreciation thread

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iDAC.html

01.jpg

 

03.jpg

02.jpg

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iUSB.html

03.jpg


Edited by turokrocks - 2/15/13 at 11:44am
post #2 of 39
Thread Starter 

Reviews:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/ifi-idac-iusbpower

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/10/02/2013/ifi-audio-idac-and-iusb-power-amazing-miniature-wonders/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/650680/news-meridian-releases-the-explorer-pocket-sized-usb-dac/315#post_9197087

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2013/01/amr-ifi-iusbpower-review/


Edited by turokrocks - 3/4/13 at 12:08pm
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 

Reserved for reviews.


Edited by turokrocks - 2/22/13 at 9:44am
post #4 of 39

So many technologies coming out.

 

Tim

post #5 of 39

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iDAC.html

 

 

 

 

http://www.ifi-audio.com/en/iUSB.html

 


I have these here for my office headphone system:



The iFi stack complete with headphone and new cable. Normally I place the stack to the left, as the cables on my headphones go into the left side. But as I'm right handed and would plug around a lot of cables I put it on the right for the occasion. Inconvenient


These are very good. I tried the iDac from my laptop against my Naim CDS. Of course, iUSB Power or not, the Naim CDS performed better, yet I was very chuffed just how close a set-up costing a monkey gets you.

The iUSB thingey certainly narrows the gap. While travelling I'm quite happy with just the iDAC, me Laptop and me Headphones (less to carry), but in the office I always go for the full monty...


Cheerio Rich

post #6 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam inside View Post

Hi,


I have these here for my office headphone system:



The iFi stack complete with headphone and new cable. Normally I place the stack to the left, as the cables on my headphones go into the left side. But as I'm right handed and would plug around a lot of cables I put it on the right for the occasion. Inconvenient


These are very good. I tried the iDac from my laptop against my Naim CDS. Of course, iUSB Power or not, the Naim CDS performed better, yet I was very chuffed just how close a set-up costing a monkey gets you.

The iUSB thingey certainly narrows the gap. While travelling I'm quite happy with just the iDAC, me Laptop and me Headphones (less to carry), but in the office I always go for the full monty...


Cheerio Rich

Thanks for sharing Rich.

Its quite a feat to accomplish this SQ with such a small system (transportable).


Edited by turokrocks - 2/17/13 at 9:40pm
post #7 of 39

Hi,
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

Thanks for sharing Rich.

Its quite a feat to accomplish this SQ with such a small system (portable).


Sorry to go off topic.

I like your signature. How do you add the links to your reviews and photos? That would be cool to have!

I have done a little oddball headphone review that would be kool to have there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/648968/a-headphone-group-review-for-speaker-listeners-testing-eight-headphones-from-80-to-1-200

Cheers Rich

post #8 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam inside View Post

Hi,
 


Sorry to go off topic.

I like your signature. How do you add the links to your reviews and photos? That would be cool to have!

I have done a little oddball headphone review that would be kool to have there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/648968/a-headphone-group-review-for-speaker-listeners-testing-eight-headphones-from-80-to-1-200

Cheers Rich

Go to your profile, to the end of the page , choose edit your signature.

 

 

I will sure check your review.


Edited by turokrocks - 2/16/13 at 7:52am
post #9 of 39

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

Go to your profile, to the end of the page , choose edit your signature.


Brilliant mate. Got it. 

Cheers Rich

post #10 of 39

Has anybody compared the iDac to the new Meridian Explorer?  I'm interested in these two and they are similar in price.  However, the Explorer seems readily available but the iDac is more difficult to buy?

post #11 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post

Has anybody compared the iDac to the new Meridian Explorer?  I'm interested in these two and they are similar in price.  However, the Explorer seems readily available but the iDac is more difficult to buy?

You can email them and ask, and their customer service is top notch.

I will be receiving the iUSB soon and hopefully a review/impressions will follow.

post #12 of 39

I'm using the iUSB Power with the Meridian Explorer. It's a very impressive combination and, if you're interested, I've written some impressions here. The iUSB improves the (already good) sound of the Explorer significantly in my rig.

post #13 of 39

Hello,

 

I've been racking my brain the last couple of months on which DAC I should acquire to replace my Fiio E17 in my rig ( Rega Brio-R, iMac, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2). The ifi iDac & iUSB are strong contenders.  I'm stuck on the following :

 

 

DACs Model
Musical Fidelity V-LINK192
bel canto uLink
bel canto mLink
schiit Bifrost
schiit Gungnir
Rega DAC
ifi iDAC
ifi iUSB
Emotiva XDA-2
Cambridge DacMagic 100 Digital to Analogue Converter

 

Does anyone out there have any experience with the listed DACs above compared to ifi iDAC & ifi iUSB?

 

Thanks!

post #14 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painterspal View Post

I'm using the iUSB Power with the Meridian Explorer. It's a very impressive combination and, if you're interested, I've written some impressions here. The iUSB improves the (already good) sound of the Explorer significantly in my rig.

Another happy Headfier, can't wait to get mine soon.


Edited by turokrocks - 2/25/13 at 3:30pm
post #15 of 39
Thread Starter 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by turokrocks - 3/4/13 at 9:06am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › iFi iDAC & iUSBPower appreciation thread