I have been trying to search for the best basshead IEM for a while. I am looking for a earphone that gives the MOST quantity of bass as well as sub bass rumble without using an amp. I have tried quite a few IEMs, the following (supposed to be basehead recommend IEM) do not give me enough bass and rumble, I can't feel the "air" going into my ear.
The "Not bassy enough" list:
- Anything that only have BA drivers. BA drivers can't make the "air" pressure like the dynamic drivers can do. (that also means JH16 pro is also under the not bassy enough list)
- JVC FXZ200 -- good quality of bass, but the quantity is just lacking big time.
- Sony EX1000 -- similar to JVC FXZ200, bass is weak.
- SE535 -- It is a very good all-around earphone, but it does NOT rumble.
- Atomic Floyd superdarts -- the bass is even weaker than FXZ200.
- AKG 3003 -- VERY good all-around earphone, but the bass is just not strong enough.
- GR07 -- close but no cigar. This one is indeed a bit weaker than IE80.
So, I guess you get my idea, the power and the bass quantity come first, the bass quality goes second. However, I am not saying bass quality is not important, but the quality of the bass shouldn't be too bad anyway for all theses top tier IEM which cost USD 300 and up. I want the IEM actually let me feel the "air" of the bass go into my ear.
The following are some of the IEMs I personally thinks they "hit" hard enough that actually let me feel the air of the bass.
The "Bassy enough" list:
- Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 5 EB -- strongest bass I heard so far that also rumble, but mid and high are VERY muddy.
- Mg6pro -- I never tried mg6pro, but I have tried atrio mg7 which the performance should be in-line with MG6pro.
- Atrio mg7 -- strong bass, but it is weaker than UE TF5 EB. The overall performance of mid and high is way better than UE TF5 EB.
- klipsch x10 -- this little thing kind of supprise me the first time I tried it. It hits pretty hard. Mid and High are very good as well.
- Sennheiser IE80 , IE800 -- similar performance as x10.
- Aurisonics ASG-1 -- I would expect AS-1 and AS-2 should have similar and even better performance.
- Sony XB90EX - good quality of bass and OK quantity. Mid and high are just average.
- audio technica cks1000 - this one is actually a bit stronger than XB90EX and the bass is solid, but it also shares the same problem as the XB90EX, the mid and high would not be considered as top tier, but it is already a lot better than XB90EX, just not as good as IE80 and x10.
So, What else should be on the top tier "Bassy enough list"? Besides MG6pro and Aurisonics AS-2, what else would be considered the best?
Edited by sdugoten - 2/15/13 at 11:16pm