New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

London Meet - Saturday 27th April - Page 9  

post #121 of 924

I'll be along, I'm moving to Brighton next week so any excuse to visit Tottenham Court Road! I may be joined with a workmate but I'll confirm that when I speak to him.

post #122 of 924
Thread Starter 

Sounds good, looks like we're over 50 people so far.smily_headphones1.gif

post #123 of 924

Count me in this time for sure! I'll bring my PRO900's, Q40's, ODAC, LD I+, ZO2.3 and my Atrio (have load of spare tips) 

post #124 of 924
Thread Starter 

Okay chaps, great to see so much interest and should make for a great day!

 

I wasn't sure of numbers when I first posted up and had planned for 50 or so, however we have that many right now and I expect more will sign up. The room we were looking at in the Hotel can take 50 people, so we need to go back and see if we can get a bigger room now.

 

It won't be a major issue as they various function rooms - just need to check availability, etc. Once this is done, I'll be able to post up venue details. My contact at Sennheiser is on leave until Monday, so it will be after this most likely.

post #125 of 924

Awesome - this meet is now front page news!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSARider View Post

Okay chaps, great to see so much interest and should make for a great day!

 

I wasn't sure of numbers when I first posted up and had planned for 50 or so, however we have that many right now and I expect more will sign up. The room we were looking at in the Hotel can take 50 people, so we need to go back and see if we can get a bigger room now.

 

It won't be a major issue as they various function rooms - just need to check availability, etc. Once this is done, I'll be able to post up venue details. My contact at Sennheiser is on leave until Monday, so it will be after this most likely.

 

 I think we had around 50 at the 2011 meet I organised. I reckon the 2012 meet organised by Andy had around 80. Given this meet has hit the front page, and it's being hosted in London with sponsorship by Sennheiser, I would plan for around 150.


Edited by jr41 - 2/22/13 at 4:33am
post #126 of 924

jr41,

I reckon that it was more like 100 attendees last September!  L3000.gif

 

Regrettably I won't be able to attend this time, as it's my mums birthday weekend and she's 80, so there'll be lots of celebrating to do.

 

Good luck to GSARider and all those attending this meet. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr41 View Post

 

 I think we had around 50 at the 2011 meet I organised. I reckon the 2012 meet organised by Andy had around 80. Given this meet has hit the front page, and it's being hosted in London with sponsorship by Sennheiser, I would plan for around 150.

post #127 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageRehab View Post

This has been the first time I have resented my sisters wedding. Why? WHY? 


I guess you have to weigh up your priorities....I'm sure your sister's wedding will be on video. wink_face.gif

post #128 of 924
Thread Starter 

Okay chaps, just so you are aware, Custom Cables will be attending the meet courtesy of Sennheiser and will also be offering a discount on any kit bought on the day. Discount will be at least 10%, so if you have any special orders - let me know. Get yourself nearly a £100 off a pair of HD800's...!biggrin.gif

 

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/
 


Edited by GSARider - 2/22/13 at 6:15am
post #129 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post

I'll be bringing as much as can fit in my suitcase - that should be pretty much everything.  The only exotic things would be the Sony PFR-V1 and Compact Tube Hybrid DIY amp.  Oh and I guess the Tera Player isn't very common...

 

I take it everyone needs to bring a socket strip too?

 

I'm in.  I will probably be bringing my Tera Player too as it one of my favourite pieces of kit.  I will confirm other kit later.

 

Ade


Edited by apmusson - 2/22/13 at 6:40am
post #130 of 924

I have no excuse to not turn up - Live & Work in central london!

 

I'll bring a decent share of gear too. Actually going to the sound and vision bristol roadshow this weekend...very convenient that a headfi meet is coming up soon after!

 

Awesome stuff

post #131 of 924

GSARider,

 

Might I make a hopefully helpful suggestion?

 

It would be very useful for attendees if you amended thread post 1 to include what equipment folks are intending to bring along. As this avoids too much duplication and entices the perennially indecisive to attend, as they'll be tempted by all the juicy gear to audition. A simple category system of headphones, amplification and sources would suffice. This'll also enable you to determine whether you need to ask attendees to bring more of one category along. As last year it was evident that there'd be a shortage of CD players, so we needed to borrow a couple in advance of the event.  

 

Oh and meet attendees, don't forget to bring some music that you enjoy listening to, be it on CD, SD card, USB stick etc.

 

Cheers,

 

Andy. 


Edited by smial1966 - 2/22/13 at 8:13am
post #132 of 924

Custom Cables have a page up now for the meet too FYI - http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/head-fi-london-meet-27th-april-london.html

post #133 of 924

What sorts of DACs and amps are going to be there?

post #134 of 924
Thread Starter 

There should be a couple of the new Sennheiser Amps and folk are bringing a selection along.
 

post #135 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

GSARider,

 

Might I make a hopefully helpful suggestion?

 

It would be very useful for attendees if you amended thread post 1 to include what equipment folks are intending to bring along. As this avoids too much duplication and entices the perennially indecisive to attend, as they'll be tempted by all the juicy gear to audition. A simple category system of headphones, amplification and sources would suffice. This'll also enable you to determine whether you need to ask attendees to bring more of one category along. As last year it was evident that there'd be a shortage of CD players, so we needed to borrow a couple in advance of the event.  

 

Oh and meet attendees, don't forget to bring some music that you enjoy listening to, be it on CD, SD card, USB stick etc.

 

Cheers,

 

Andy. 

 

Good idea to make a list on page one. I reckon it's obviously early for this list to be taken as 'binding' or definite. I cycle through gear/headphones quite a lot, so what I have now I may not have in two months time. 

 

I think it'll be good for everyone to confirm which gear they bring along say two weeks before the event.

I most probably will bring:

- mad dogs (leather comfort strap + alpha pads)  

- graham slee solo ultra linear diamond edition (funnily enough i've been so busy at work and other things that I haven't even been able to give this pairing a proper listen)

- musical fidelity vdac II

- d7k with lawton angle pads 

- A few others too

 

One question though: How is IEM testing and demoing carried out - how is hygiene maintained? I could bring a few iem's along, like the phonak 232, though i'm not sure how demoing would work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked