or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ad900 vs ad900x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ad900 vs ad900x - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Apologies for delay. Work had kept me busy but review half written now and rest over weekend ready for Monday.
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl View Post

Apologies for delay. Work had kept me busy but review half written now and rest over weekend ready for Monday.

 

ah, one can wait along time for a good review :D

post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

ah, one can wait along time for a good review biggrin.gif

I always seem to get distractions. I've got a small review here http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review/ but I am writing a longer one for here which hasn't finished yet. At least you can read something in the meantime.
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinfabl View Post


I always seem to get distractions. I've got a small review here http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review/ but I am writing a longer one for here which hasn't finished yet. At least you can read something in the meantime.

 

nice review there. looking forward to your review and comparison here!

post #20 of 25

Ordered mine today after a listening test at the parisian audio technica store. 

 

I find them to be different and better than the old ad900 and equal or better than the old ad1000 that I tried simultaneously.

post #21 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjisun View Post

Ordered mine today after a listening test at the parisian audio technica store. 

 

I find them to be different and better than the old ad900 and equal or better than the old ad1000 that I tried simultaneously.

 

yeah i listened to them side by side once, and def better than the ad900. i havent heard the ad1000 tho

post #22 of 25

There are some reviews on amazon and here claiming that original AD900 has better treble and wider soundstage, while AD900X has more bass. So which would you recommend for PC gaming and vocal music? I prefer bright clear energetic sound with some aggressiveness and forwardness.

post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

There are some reviews on amazon and here claiming that original AD900 has better treble and wider soundstage, while AD900X has more bass. So which would you recommend for PC gaming and vocal music? I prefer bright clear energetic sound with some aggressiveness and forwardness.

 

man cant say i remember the difference anymore ^^:: but prob for PC gaming u want a bit of umph at the lower end no?

post #24 of 25

  in the Flagship thread,the ad900 is called a Classical Master.

 

  I think the changes made in the ad900x makes then better at more genres of music,including watching movies/programs. in other words,they should appeal to more people for more uses.

 

  if you prefer brighter,the ad900 is a safer bet. i like lots of treble,mids that are (at least) not too forward but also good bass. the X was a better choice for me with it's noticeable treble sparkle,slight edge in the mids but better bass than none-X.

 

  I sometimes EQ the treble depending on what i'm listening to and quality of same. with a flat EQ,if the recording is bad,it can expose imperfections fairly easily including if there's any sibilance. if it's good quality,i sometimes like to tweak the treble and the sound stage gets even more impressive than it already is. I feed mine extremely well though;i don't care for portables and don't follow any rules.

post #25 of 25

Ordered AD900X, they're easier to get than AD900 which is already end-of-life model.

I believe it will be a better choice for gaming, and if I don't like it for my music (which I doubt), I will get some brighter IEM's for portable use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ad900 vs ad900x