My DT 990's came in today. I have the 880's already but the premium version and this is unexpectedly different. I knew from the pictures that the outer covers were a little different but I assumed the rest was the same.
1. The headband is a button over kind but it seems to be fake leather. I thought the button style were leather ones? I have a button version on back order for my DT 880, are those usually plastic too because I thought it would be leather.
2. A coiled cable. Ugh... >,< At least it's not as heavy as the Sony V6 one is.
3. Does anyone know if the arms that hold the cans are plastic or metal? It's very difficult to tell. If they are metal they are anodized or something. The ones on my 880 are metal and have some kind of powder coat or something on them.
4. The clamping pressure is immediately and noticably higher. Has anyone had good luck bending them out a bit to reduce clamping pressure?
5. Will this sibilance go away? IT's been too many years since I broke my 880's in and I no longer remember what they used to sound like, but these seem a little fatiguingly bright. They are literally 5 minutes old so I remain hopeful.