This Classified is Closed
For Sale or Trade:
Modified T20RP Headphones-Modified, Dampened, 8 Wire Hybrid Cable looking for desktop amps
Will Ship To: Anywhere
I have my pair of Fostex T20RP headphones available for sale, which have been modified in accordance with the specifications within the threads here on this forum.
The highlights of the modification are as follows:
- Fostex T20RP MKII headphones - same driver and same cup size as the T50RP MKII headphones. This modded set cost me $85.
- The Cable is an 8 conductor Hybrid cable from BTG audio, half OFC Copper/half SPC into a 1/8" plug, this is dual entry now, cable made and installed by BTG this cable alone cost me $130.
- Silver slider bars for the ear pads adjustments, as opposed to the gold / bronze in the T50RP MKII headphones.
- The insides of the cups have been lined with Silverstone acoustic foam.
- The inside of the speaker baffle has had a layer of plasticine clay installed and pressed into position for sound dampening.
- The ear side of the baffle has been lined with Silverstone acoustic foam.
- The rear of the drivers have had the factory paper removed. A small layer of thin aluminum has been inserted over the middle square, to act as a "reflex dot" to provide a slight addition to the detail of the Fostex headphones.
- Two layers of heavy craft felt cover the rear of the drives and are secured in place with transpore tape.
- New Shure 840 pads were installed on week ago.
- These Fostex headphones are one month old. They were not used continuously during this period of time as I've performed a series of modifications on the headphones to determine the be sounding solution for these, based on the components utilized.
- 130 Shipped and Insured in the CONUS, I have gotten the LCD-2 so these have to go. Entertaining Interesting offers, namely Desktop Amps.
Edited by KimChee - 2/18/13 at 6:50pm