Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha - Page 6

post #76 of 489

Anyone know when the Shure came out?
 

post #77 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebomb View Post


What is wrong with any of this?  I dont have Beats, and dont want them.  But its the publics responsibility to do their homework when it comes to their headphones.  Dont blame Dr. Dre for hitting big with nice looking headphones that appeal to whomever.  This is America and free enterprise.  People should have done their homework on headphones and SQ.  Its not Dr. Dre's responsibility to teach SQ to consumers. 

well he is quite doing the opposite in fact
"used in every major studio"
"recovers lost data in mp3 compression"
"hear what the artist intended"
"solo has crystal clear highs"
"better than any competition at its price range"
"patent pending revolutionary driver design technology"
"no batteries required!" (as if regular headphones need a battery to run)

post #78 of 489

I think that suing other companies based on design is just wrong. After all, there are only a few ways to make a headphone a "headphone". My simple opinion is, a headphone is primarily a listening device first, fashion device second. If Beats wanted to prove superiority of their products, they should so this in the arena of sound, and not of design/style.

 

Still, Yamaha knew that such lawsuits would be possible the moment they unleashed their new line of PRO headphones on the market. There is no way that the management/design team designed the headphone without taking most of their styling cues from the Beats Solo/Studio.

post #79 of 489

they should style their headphones like the stax lambdas or the taket H2+ biggrin.gif
(or even better the sennheiser surrounder)

post #80 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

well he is quite doing the opposite in fact
"used in every major studio"
"recovers lost data in mp3 compression"
"hear what the artist intended"
"solo has crystal clear highs"
"better than any competition at its price range"
"patent pending revolutionary driver design technology"
"no batteries required!" (as if regular headphones need a battery to run)

 

-"industrial strength sound"

-"made for DJ's"

-"incredibly durable"

-"clearer sound, deeper bass"

-"the sound of the studio"

-"practically indestructible"

I honestly think my IQ dropped ten percent after reading this :D

post #81 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPICFAILXD View Post

 

-"industrial strength sound"

-"made for DJ's"

-"incredibly durable"

-"clearer sound, deeper bass"

-"the sound of the studio"

-"practically indestructible"

I honestly think my IQ dropped ten percent after reading this :D

that's why so many people buy them, their IQ has dropped so much after reading stuff like thisbiggrin.gif

post #82 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mm3r 0f th0r View Post


i mentioned crapple as both are american and love to sue others thinking that it would help stop their downfall....


There are many ways I can think of to respond to this post, including not responding at all.  I will just say that I am not judging you based on where you are from, so I believe it is wrong for you to be stereotyping Americans collectively.  I do however choose to judge you based on your ignorant comment.

 

P.S.  Thor was created by Marvel Comics that is brought to you by America.


Edited by Craigster75 - 2/15/13 at 8:28am
post #83 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

 

P.S.  Thor was created by Marvel Comics that is brought to you by America.

Actually Thor comes from Norse mythology (which originates in Scandinavia)... hundreds of year ago....before 'America' (and Marvel Comics) existed.

post #84 of 489

add on note: Shure is by America too

post #85 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Actually Thor comes from Norse mythology (which originates in Scandinavia)... hundreds of year ago....before 'America' (and Marvel Comics) existed.


You are correct- I misspoke regarding the origin of Thor, but the modern-day interest in Thor does come from the comics which led to the animated features and now movies tongue.gif


Edited by Craigster75 - 2/15/13 at 9:08am
post #86 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

A few interesting reads from Ars Technica on American patent law (and the blatant dysfunction rampant within it) if anyone is interested: 

 

How a rogue appeals court wrecked the patent system

 

Opinion: The problem with software patents? They don't scale

 

Trolls filed 40% of patent infringement lawsuits in 2011

 

ITC: How an obscure bureaucracy makes the world safe for patent trolls

 

Opinion: EFF should call for the elimination of software patents

 

A lot of it has to do with software patents specifically, but it's still quite interesting IMO an illustrative of the cluster$%^& our patent courts have become. 

 

thanks for the informative links.

 

we need more of such forumers around :)

post #87 of 489

So Beats bulldozed Monstarcable to acquire the design rights, now they are going after anything / anyone whos products are styled similarly.  If thats what Beats wants to do with their $$, so be it I guess.  Theres still the possibility they won't win.  Subjectively I kind of do hope they win.  Its an ugly design that shouldn't be regurgitated.  My close co worker across the cubicle row has dre-beats... big ugly red and white ones and I have to look at them every day.  It would however equally irk me if Beats wins this... to see such a crappy audio product gain further market dominance.

 

If Yamaha wants to borrow style cues from someone else, its their choice really.   As long as Yamaha has been in existence, they HAD TO KNOW the risks in what they were doing when they were in the R&D phases.  They knowingly took that risk.

 

Either way both will take a hit financially.

post #88 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


You are correct- I misspoke regarding the origin of Thor, but the modern-day interest in Thor does come from the comics which led to the animated features and now movies tongue.gif

 

Though he's supposed to be a redhead anyways... 

post #89 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


There are many ways I can think of to respond to this post, including not responding at all.  I will just say that I am not judging you based on where you are from, so I believe it is wrong for you to be stereotyping Americans collectively.  I do however choose to judge you based on your ignorant comment.

 

P.S.  Thor was created by Marvel Comics that is brought to you by America.


i am not attacking america if that is what you thought... i, however, am talking about their recent strategies of suing the other team out of business rather than pure innovation... it was mentioned that they do not have anything in common so i pointed out that they are americans and have some blind following... no attack on a country bro... you misunderstood. Although, the beats patents won't surely be as absurd as what apple has patented and suing others for, while they just buy the small companies working for the competition and patent stuff as their own and labeling it as innovation. If i have to hate anything about america then i would hate the power of their strategic minds for false and aggressive marketing to fool the masses.


Edited by h4mm3r 0f th0r - 2/15/13 at 9:41am
post #90 of 489

This was an interesting read.. I'm somewhat turned off by Yamaha wanting to cash in on "that" market demographic.

But it turns me on the fact that they blatantly attacked Dr. Dre/Beats.. popcorn.gif

 

 

I'm going to buy a Yamaha R6 after I get my tax return almost because of this.. haha.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha