Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha - Page 12

post #166 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCLXVI View Post

Haha.. look at those deep cups.. the soundstage must be great! biggrin.gif

Out of this world.

post #167 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post

Out of this world.

Oh, I saw what you did there you sneaky bastard!

But truth be told, the Doctor must've had a taste for proper audio equipment in his +900 years of time travel!

post #168 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandvichDISH View Post

Oh, I saw what you did there you sneaky bastard!
But truth be told, the Doctor must've had a taste for proper audio equipment in his +900 years of time travel!

Ofc. Those cans where the stax omegas x10 dr who has 2 b a serious.audiophile :3 of he has those 400 years b4 us
post #169 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

I do think that Beats will have a strong case here, possible with the help of the Apple v Samsung precedent if they find it relevant. According this site: http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/dr-dre-and-beats-electronics-are-suing-yamaha-for-copying-their-headphone-design, they are only suing for $75,000, which is a minuscule amount. So Beats aren't really in this for money, but for another reason. 

$75,000? That's it? That's hardly a profit. Not to mention that there are other headphones with similar styles to the Beats so I'm thinking that the design issue isn't as big a deal as Dr. Dre makes it out to be. The only up side for both companies is the marketing and attention that this dispute will get them. And if that's what both companies wanted, they should have just skipped this whole process and done something else. 

post #170 of 489
... Dare i say charly sheen has cooked up another.publicity stunt... I can see him with the victors cans on his head... "winning duh" x(
post #171 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisein View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

I do think that Beats will have a strong case here, possible with the help of the Apple v Samsung precedent if they find it relevant. According this site: http://www.complex.com/music/2013/02/dr-dre-and-beats-electronics-are-suing-yamaha-for-copying-their-headphone-design, they are only suing for $75,000, which is a minuscule amount. So Beats aren't really in this for money, but for another reason. 

$75,000? That's it? That's hardly a profit. Not to mention that there are other headphones with similar styles to the Beats so I'm thinking that the design issue isn't as big a deal as Dr. Dre makes it out to be. The only up side for both companies is the marketing and attention that this dispute will get them. And if that's what both companies wanted, they should have just skipped this whole process and done something else. 

You're talking about Beats here, of course marketing is huge for them. Dem Beats fanboys will be all Gung-ho if Beats wins the case.

post #172 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

You're talking about Beats here, of course marketing is huge for them. Dem Beats fanboys will be all Gung-ho if Beats wins the case.

True... Dr dre n sheen will proably do a dis rap n Make even more money off what might b a wib
post #173 of 489

What about the Monster N-Tune's? They look extremely similar as well.

post #174 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


True... Dr dre n sheen will proably do a dis rap n Make even more money off what might b a wib

 

Charlie Sheen can rap? blink.gif

post #175 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

 

Charlie Sheen can rap? blink.gif

Only after a few lines of course ;)

post #176 of 489

Guys, correct me if im wrong but i think these Headphones (all of them) come in a package, that has a name on it. LIKE YAMAHA, SHURE or BEATS.

 

So, even if the design is similar, there is no way to mistake them?

 

Those patent wars are going to destroy the economy even faster than bankers and politicians....

post #177 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddTheMetalGod View Post

 

 

There you go.

post #178 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Only after a few lines of course ;)

yea man, Charlie sheen can do ANYTHING after a few lines xD

post #179 of 489

I only read the first couple of pages, but I didn't see anything on here about race. When people buy beats, they're buying status, history, and the struggles of black man who fought his way up into fame and influence. This is something not only the black community buy into, but any teen or adult for that matter who's been been kicked around and shoved in the dirt. Yeah, sure to us head-fiers who can drop hundreds or even several grand on headphones and weigh out the subtle nuances of sound stage, pitch range and all that, Beats are joke! When you're struggling to get by with what you have, and someone buys you a pair of beats, or you finally save up enough to buy them yourself, they blow away that $20.00 pair of skull candy you've been hanging on to for the past couple years, and maybe it's all in your head, but people on the street look at you with respect. There's a guy with money. There's a guy who's made something of himself. There's the guy I'm gonna mug!

 

Now as all of you were saying, yeah, they look very similar. Yeah, Yamaha knew what they were doing. Are they close enough for lawsuit? That's all up to the judge. If it's true that Yamaha was only sued for $75,000, then it's very possible Monster didn't expect it to even go to court. I'd imagine that's pretty close to what the lawyers are going to make.

 

The real question is, do you think I can get some Yamaha stickers to put over my Studio Beats so I don't get mugged? :D
 


Edited by Standarddeviate - 2/18/13 at 5:58am
post #180 of 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standarddeviate View Post

I only read the first couple of pages, but I didn't see anything on here about race. When people buy beats, they're buying status, history, and the struggles of black man who fought his way up into fame and influence. This is something not only the black community buy into, but any teen or adult for that matter who's been been kicked around and shoved in the dirt. Yeah, sure to us head-fiers who can drop hundreds or even several grand on headphones and weigh out the subtle nuances of sound stage, pitch range and all that, Beats are joke! When you're struggling to get by with what you have, and someone buys you a pair of beats, or you finally save up enough to buy them yourself, they blow away that $20.00 pair of skull candy you've been hanging on to for the past couple years, and maybe it's all in your head, but people on the street look at you with respect. There's a guy with money. There's a guy who's made something of himself. There's the guy I'm gonna mug!

 

Now as all of you were saying, yeah, they look very similar. Yeah, Yamaha knew what they were doing. Are they close enough for lawsuit? That's all up to the judge. If it's true that Yamaha was only sued for $75,000, then it's very possible Monster didn't expect it to even go to court. I'd imagine that's pretty close to what the lawyers are going to make.

 

The real question is, do you think I can get some Yamaha stickers to put over my Studio Beats so I don't get mugged? :D
 

 

This is a joke, right?

Certainly made me laugh  biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha