Originally Posted by nick n
Hello fellow TDK T-300 fans, and also those who were on the fence with the MT-300.
Yeah there's always a few of those folks also.
As many who had the opportunity to hear them and be a part of the "cheapos surprise tour" were so impressed
with the bang fo
buck TDK MT-300, we present to you now what I feel to be
brother, the TDK EB-750
Curiosity got the better of us with the utter surprise of the MT-300 and all it took to get this ball rolling was a pm about one of us finding some DIRT CHEAP other models...
I'd like to thank Inline79 for helping find one of the few scant sellers we managed to source out here in Canada
, these came from him, at least the cheaper of them, but it's so close that it's not worth fussing over. A few PM's later and they were ordered and on their way.
Look forward to his take on them , as no doubt mine is going to be a bit more of a feeling nature and his will be most likely more analytical. Then there's the "WILDCARD" secret MR."W"
who we should be hearing from also, so between all 3 of these initial impressions it should be enough to grab you by the ears and convince you to grab a set for yourselves. Who knows maybe this time shipping will be available to our southern friends as well. Not sure about that offhand. I think everyone who likes the MT-300 needs to check these out
. I'll be grabbing a backup set no doubt very soon!
These share the same "enthusiast" designation on the box itself, packaging is much the same with the exception of the included travel storage pouch! The pictures should speak for themselves.
- All aluminum construction that could pass for stainless steel if it weren't for the lighter weight it's polished up that nicely, not like most of the ebay pictures.
- Slightly different tips with a wider opening, and these tips also place the actual wider bore tip of the housing itself closer to your ear, and of course that means deeper into your ears I guess. When you look at them face on, the actual bore open face is about 3 mm from the end of the silicone tip end in your ears..
Looking closely at the bore face, we can see that there is a black damping disc over the opening, and in the middle of that black fabric damper is a tiny hole also!
- Very tiny pinhole vent just behind the bulges facing frontwards.
- Cable is simply one of the best looking things I have seen aesthetically, it is a slightly tinted clear covering over top of aluminumized wires. This does have some slight issues though nothing at all that would deter me in any way. It might take some time for the kinks from being tied up in the box to work their way out. As well this cable is shorter than you would expect, thought it is enough for someone to be able to have a source device in their waist level pockets with a few inches of slack yet, just not as much as the MT-300's.
= 24 inches to the "y" nice shiny aluminum splitter, another 14 inches to the base of the housing's "strain relief shaft"
- The TRS jack end also is rather impressively heavy duty and of course as classy as the housings themselves all polished aluminum that seems solidly built. No tin-can thickness here this is beefier and longer than it needs be which is nice.
- Included tips work wonders for me, they are perfect. A translucent grey silicone that seems a bit softer than the other stock TDK tips like with the MT-300 and IE-500. I of course found myself having to use the large MH1C tips to seal up properly on the 300's.
The fit itself with the design doesn't bother me at all, i don't notice the longer shafts there, in fact it makes it much easier to remove them.
So now the all-important pictures, the glorious pictures ( that's half the battle right there ) to hook you and give some idea what I am talking about for the excellent build here.
^ next to it's brothers ( soon to be revealed IE-500 there )
Pouch and package profile
Look at that shine
Cable closeup one of the coolest looking cables I have yet seen.
^ Exact size comparison with bore diameters
and both stock large tips
MT-300 = 5mm at outer edge to edge
EB-750 = 6mm
In case you are wondering about weight
( minus tips ) keep in mind they are aluminum so why not check that right now at the door too
MT-300 = 2.1 grams each earpiece
EB-750 = 3.5 grams each earpiece
Not that much difference though they sure look it.