If you had to pick one of these headphones, which would it be? Sound quality is my top priority, but build quality and comfort are also important. I can't decide between these two. If you have suggestions in a comparable price range that you think are better than either for a all around, closed back, at least somewhat portable over-ear headphone that still has a decent amount of bass, that would also be helpful. Thanks!
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Some more bass please. Last post on 9/14/13 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The V-Moda definately have more features over the Audio Technica, with the removable cable, customizable shields, hard case, almost full body metal construction. But coming from an owner I can tell you they could be much better.
Depending on what you listen to you might enjoy them, they have bloated extended bass, not exactly the good kind. The bass has PLENTY of quantity, but the quality is only barely par.
In the end its up to you, but I personally wish I had gotten something else.
Basically I like everything about those headphones (the LP2s) except for what I've been hearing about the sound quality. I really want something that won't break easy, and probably something with a detachable cable. Can you think of anything with similar build quality that would have better sound for the price? I listen to a huge variety of music, from classical to rap/pop, to some rock. I'd also like to use these for movies with my laptop. I know that I like a higher-then-average amount of bass, and I don't like anything overly bright. This will be my first pair of headphones over $40 or so, so I'm not super experienced with stuff. Would the Audio Technicas be a good alternative or would something else be better?
$100 bucks is a lot but I agree that the m-100 out shines both substantially.
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately.
I think the q40s would be much better IMO. The sound quality alone would be worth the upgrade. The 700s would just have more kick to the bass.
- V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 1 minute ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 7 minutes ago
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2