If you had to pick one of these headphones, which would it be? Sound quality is my top priority, but build quality and comfort are also important. I can't decide between these two. If you have suggestions in a comparable price range that you think are better than either for a all around, closed back, at least somewhat portable over-ear headphone that still has a decent amount of bass, that would also be helpful. Thanks!
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:55 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some more bass please. Last post on 9/14/13 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The V-Moda definately have more features over the Audio Technica, with the removable cable, customizable shields, hard case, almost full body metal construction. But coming from an owner I can tell you they could be much better.
Depending on what you listen to you might enjoy them, they have bloated extended bass, not exactly the good kind. The bass has PLENTY of quantity, but the quality is only barely par.
In the end its up to you, but I personally wish I had gotten something else.
Basically I like everything about those headphones (the LP2s) except for what I've been hearing about the sound quality. I really want something that won't break easy, and probably something with a detachable cable. Can you think of anything with similar build quality that would have better sound for the price? I listen to a huge variety of music, from classical to rap/pop, to some rock. I'd also like to use these for movies with my laptop. I know that I like a higher-then-average amount of bass, and I don't like anything overly bright. This will be my first pair of headphones over $40 or so, so I'm not super experienced with stuff. Would the Audio Technicas be a good alternative or would something else be better?
$100 bucks is a lot but I agree that the m-100 out shines both substantially.
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately.
I think the q40s would be much better IMO. The sound quality alone would be worth the upgrade. The 700s would just have more kick to the bass.
- V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Possible new DAC?? Teac UD-H01 11 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 27 seconds ago
- › Audiophile Frank Sinatra suggestions 34 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 35 seconds ago
- › The ultimate closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Final Thoughts: The NEW Sony MDR-ZX700 vs the Legendary Sony MDR-V6 1 minute ago
- › When is mp3 transparent? An ABX test of compressed audio versus... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › CambridgeAudio DacMagic 100 + HeadAmp (V4, BVaudio Headamp) or... 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)