If you had to pick one of these headphones, which would it be? Sound quality is my top priority, but build quality and comfort are also important. I can't decide between these two. If you have suggestions in a comparable price range that you think are better than either for a all around, closed back, at least somewhat portable over-ear headphone that still has a decent amount of bass, that would also be helpful. Thanks!
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some more bass please. Last post on 9/14/13 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for Basshead Phones, I Know What I'm Looking For! Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/13/13 at 10:50pm
The V-Moda definately have more features over the Audio Technica, with the removable cable, customizable shields, hard case, almost full body metal construction. But coming from an owner I can tell you they could be much better.
Depending on what you listen to you might enjoy them, they have bloated extended bass, not exactly the good kind. The bass has PLENTY of quantity, but the quality is only barely par.
In the end its up to you, but I personally wish I had gotten something else.post #3 of 92/14/13 at 12:14amThread Starter
Basically I like everything about those headphones (the LP2s) except for what I've been hearing about the sound quality. I really want something that won't break easy, and probably something with a detachable cable. Can you think of anything with similar build quality that would have better sound for the price? I listen to a huge variety of music, from classical to rap/pop, to some rock. I'd also like to use these for movies with my laptop. I know that I like a higher-then-average amount of bass, and I don't like anything overly bright. This will be my first pair of headphones over $40 or so, so I'm not super experienced with stuff. Would the Audio Technicas be a good alternative or would something else be better?post #4 of 92/14/13 at 12:23ampost #5 of 92/14/13 at 5:22ampost #6 of 92/14/13 at 7:48amIf you can throw in an extra $100 you can get the V-Moda M-100, cost a total of $300. They look exactly like the LP2 but they fold making them more portable. They also have faaaar better sound quality. They come with 2 removeable cables, and a hard shell case.post #7 of 92/14/13 at 10:33amQuote:
$100 bucks is a lot but I agree that the m-100 out shines both substantially.post #8 of 92/14/13 at 3:50pmThread Starter
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately.post #9 of 92/20/13 at 1:32amQuote:
I think the q40s would be much better IMO. The sound quality alone would be worth the upgrade. The 700s would just have more kick to the bass.
- V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with my setup (loud white noise) 4 minutes ago
- › King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones! 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 7 minutes ago
- › Grado sound + Bass 7 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 9 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe