If you had to pick one of these headphones, which would it be? Sound quality is my top priority, but build quality and comfort are also important. I can't decide between these two. If you have suggestions in a comparable price range that you think are better than either for a all around, closed back, at least somewhat portable over-ear headphone that still has a decent amount of bass, that would also be helpful. Thanks!
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 7:44 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some more bass please. Last post on 9/14/13 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The V-Moda definately have more features over the Audio Technica, with the removable cable, customizable shields, hard case, almost full body metal construction. But coming from an owner I can tell you they could be much better.
Depending on what you listen to you might enjoy them, they have bloated extended bass, not exactly the good kind. The bass has PLENTY of quantity, but the quality is only barely par.
In the end its up to you, but I personally wish I had gotten something else.
Basically I like everything about those headphones (the LP2s) except for what I've been hearing about the sound quality. I really want something that won't break easy, and probably something with a detachable cable. Can you think of anything with similar build quality that would have better sound for the price? I listen to a huge variety of music, from classical to rap/pop, to some rock. I'd also like to use these for movies with my laptop. I know that I like a higher-then-average amount of bass, and I don't like anything overly bright. This will be my first pair of headphones over $40 or so, so I'm not super experienced with stuff. Would the Audio Technicas be a good alternative or would something else be better?
$100 bucks is a lot but I agree that the m-100 out shines both substantially.
How do you feel about the M-Audio Studiophile Q40s? I just saw a recommendation for these today and I was wondering how they compare to the Audio Technicas. I think I would like the M100s, but I don't really have $300 to spend right now unfortunately.
I think the q40s would be much better IMO. The sound quality alone would be worth the upgrade. The 700s would just have more kick to the bass.
- V-Moda LP2 vs Audio Technica PRO700MK2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post CanJam cynicism. 20 seconds ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 55 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Best sound under 200 USD? 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › Headphone stands? 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Replacement Earpad recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2