I'm getting a second hand Bose QC15 for $150 AUD, is that a good price? How can I make should I am not getting a fake?
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- NEW! Bose QC25 2014 Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations - Over ears with isolation or noise cancelation as good as Bose QC15 that sound... Last post on 8/31/14 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Noise Canceling Headphones? Last post on 9/18/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose QC 15 vs Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 6/7/14 at 7:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
first headphone, Bose QC15
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to Head-Fi and apologies for your wallet.
It depends on how old they are and how much they've been used although $150 is good if they are close to brand new. It's hard to tell if they are real or not without seeing them and hearing them in person. I suppose you could look up the sellers reputation and other records. If it's here on head-fi, see how long they have been members and if they've had successful sales in the past etc. but you can never be sure.
Having said that, Bose really don't offer the best sound quality and really you are paying for their great abilities at advertising and their looks. For about $130, you can buy yourself a brand new pair of Grado SR80i or if you are willing to spend a little more about $165 for a brand new pair of Grado SR125i.
Cheers and happy listening!
- first headphone, Bose QC15
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 38 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Ray Samuels Audio RSA Intruder *** free shipping to EU, PayPal... 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › [TEST] Sony DR-BTN200 bluetooth headset 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 8 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 10 minutes ago
- › Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM! 11 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)