I am considering purchasing these because they seem like great portable headphones. I hear they are durable and have great sound which is awesome except that I am worried that they will lack in bass because I listen to a lot of Dubstep/EDM and I like deep bass response in headphones. So how do these compare to others in the way of bass?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 25 1 II Last post on 12/15/14 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- If I like the sound of Senn HD 25-1ii, which iem? Last post on 11/21/14 at 11:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from a Sennheiser HD25-1 II to the Shure SRH1540. Worth it? Last post on 11/18/14 at 6:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- quick comparison of 50+ headphones Last post on 11/8/14 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing the right headphones for £150 budget Last post on 10/30/14 at 12:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They sound pretty neutral in the sub bass region and a tad lean in the low bass. To me they are one of the best headphones for the price and definitely stand the test of time. Keep in mind they are on-ear headphones so if comfort is a huge concern look elsewhere, not to say they are terrible uncomfortable.
Here is a frequency response comparison between it and the Denon AH-D2000. The AH-D2000 is definitely pretty pure on the low end and as you will see the HE-25-1 is close, but with some obvious lack of deep bass.
I also included the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which is a great headphone considering it can be had for less than $150. It is an excellent buy and would be my recommendation to you both for sound and build quality in addition to it being quite comfortable once the headband stretches a bit. See how the ATH-M50 extends above both of the other headphones from 100 Hz and below? That is some much needed bass.
They won't lack in bass. After receiving my O2 amp (today) and testing the HD25 with these, I was surprised by even more bass than with my Fiio E7. They are now my most bass heavy cans including my D5000, and my just bought DT990 Pro, believe it or not.
But it's definitely good bass to my ears. I still love the upfront sound of these!
- How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
- › Looking for something JUST like superlux 681 evo 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 1 minute ago
- › New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Need recomendations for new IEMs. 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 6 minutes ago
- › Seattle Meet 12/06/14 Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3