I am considering purchasing these because they seem like great portable headphones. I hear they are durable and have great sound which is awesome except that I am worried that they will lack in bass because I listen to a lot of Dubstep/EDM and I like deep bass response in headphones. So how do these compare to others in the way of bass?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- sennheiser hd25-II custom earpads for more comfort. Last post on 9/21/14 at 5:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd25-13-II veiled can't refund Last post on 8/28/14 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation sought: a custom IEM that sounds like Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/24/14 at 6:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd25 II or 13 ii amped Last post on 8/21/14 at 10:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones/headset under $200. Last post on 8/8/14 at 5:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Thanks guys for helping to get this review featured! The support I've gotten so far is amazing and I look forward to bringing more reviews to the Head-Fi community. AUDIO TECHNICA'S...
DUNU'S DN-2000 Quick Link To Review Thread Here. INTRODUCTION It has been a little while since my last earphone review, so I am quite excited to be presenting a new review on Dunu's...
How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They sound pretty neutral in the sub bass region and a tad lean in the low bass. To me they are one of the best headphones for the price and definitely stand the test of time. Keep in mind they are on-ear headphones so if comfort is a huge concern look elsewhere, not to say they are terrible uncomfortable.
Here is a frequency response comparison between it and the Denon AH-D2000. The AH-D2000 is definitely pretty pure on the low end and as you will see the HE-25-1 is close, but with some obvious lack of deep bass.
I also included the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which is a great headphone considering it can be had for less than $150. It is an excellent buy and would be my recommendation to you both for sound and build quality in addition to it being quite comfortable once the headband stretches a bit. See how the ATH-M50 extends above both of the other headphones from 100 Hz and below? That is some much needed bass.
They won't lack in bass. After receiving my O2 amp (today) and testing the HD25 with these, I was surprised by even more bass than with my Fiio E7. They are now my most bass heavy cans including my D5000, and my just bought DT990 Pro, believe it or not.
But it's definitely good bass to my ears. I still love the upfront sound of these!
- How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
- › Best Soundstage in an IEM?... 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 16 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 43 seconds ago
- › Need a lower end preamp middleman box for my pc 57 seconds ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Update On Current Status 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Nokia Lumia 635 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)