I am considering purchasing these because they seem like great portable headphones. I hear they are durable and have great sound which is awesome except that I am worried that they will lack in bass because I listen to a lot of Dubstep/EDM and I like deep bass response in headphones. So how do these compare to others in the way of bass?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- sennheiser hd25-II custom earpads for more comfort. Last post on 9/21/14 at 5:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd25-13-II veiled can't refund Last post on 8/28/14 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation sought: a custom IEM that sounds like Sennheiser HD25-1 II Last post on 8/24/14 at 6:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- sennheiser hd25 II or 13 ii amped Last post on 8/21/14 at 10:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones/headset under $200. Last post on 8/8/14 at 5:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They sound pretty neutral in the sub bass region and a tad lean in the low bass. To me they are one of the best headphones for the price and definitely stand the test of time. Keep in mind they are on-ear headphones so if comfort is a huge concern look elsewhere, not to say they are terrible uncomfortable.
Here is a frequency response comparison between it and the Denon AH-D2000. The AH-D2000 is definitely pretty pure on the low end and as you will see the HE-25-1 is close, but with some obvious lack of deep bass.
I also included the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which is a great headphone considering it can be had for less than $150. It is an excellent buy and would be my recommendation to you both for sound and build quality in addition to it being quite comfortable once the headband stretches a bit. See how the ATH-M50 extends above both of the other headphones from 100 Hz and below? That is some much needed bass.
They won't lack in bass. After receiving my O2 amp (today) and testing the HD25 with these, I was surprised by even more bass than with my Fiio E7. They are now my most bass heavy cans including my D5000, and my just bought DT990 Pro, believe it or not.
But it's definitely good bass to my ears. I still love the upfront sound of these!
- How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
- › Upgrade path for a me. Currently own: NVX APT100 and HD598 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Help me decide what 3.5mm plug to get 2 minutes ago
- › New Fitear Universal Model Named Fitear - universal balanced armature 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for best over ear headphones for under $200? 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Really torn on which headphones to get. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)