I am considering purchasing these because they seem like great portable headphones. I hear they are durable and have great sound which is awesome except that I am worried that they will lack in bass because I listen to a lot of Dubstep/EDM and I like deep bass response in headphones. So how do these compare to others in the way of bass?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Running in headphones Last post on 3/25/14 at 11:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A Little Help with DAC and Tube Amp Combination Last post on 3/24/14 at 2:38pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Electronic music and Sennheiser HD25-1 v beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 3/18/14 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Best Sounding Closed Phone For $200 And Below. Your Suggestion? Last post on 3/15/14 at 10:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD-25-1 II vs HD-25 II?? Last post on 3/15/14 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 32/14/13 at 8:19am
They sound pretty neutral in the sub bass region and a tad lean in the low bass. To me they are one of the best headphones for the price and definitely stand the test of time. Keep in mind they are on-ear headphones so if comfort is a huge concern look elsewhere, not to say they are terrible uncomfortable.
Here is a frequency response comparison between it and the Denon AH-D2000. The AH-D2000 is definitely pretty pure on the low end and as you will see the HE-25-1 is close, but with some obvious lack of deep bass.
I also included the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which is a great headphone considering it can be had for less than $150. It is an excellent buy and would be my recommendation to you both for sound and build quality in addition to it being quite comfortable once the headband stretches a bit. See how the ATH-M50 extends above both of the other headphones from 100 Hz and below? That is some much needed bass.post #3 of 32/14/13 at 12:53pm
They won't lack in bass. After receiving my O2 amp (today) and testing the HD25 with these, I was surprised by even more bass than with my Fiio E7. They are now my most bass heavy cans including my D5000, and my just bought DT990 Pro, believe it or not.
But it's definitely good bass to my ears. I still love the upfront sound of these!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 36 seconds ago
- › . 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob