I am considering purchasing these because they seem like great portable headphones. I hear they are durable and have great sound which is awesome except that I am worried that they will lack in bass because I listen to a lot of Dubstep/EDM and I like deep bass response in headphones. So how do these compare to others in the way of bass?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 3/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) Last post on 1/31/15 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 25 1 II Last post on 4/29/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- If I like the sound of Senn HD 25-1ii, which iem? Last post on 11/21/14 at 11:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from a Sennheiser HD25-1 II to the Shure SRH1540. Worth it? Last post on 11/18/14 at 6:33am in Headphones (full-size)
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
They sound pretty neutral in the sub bass region and a tad lean in the low bass. To me they are one of the best headphones for the price and definitely stand the test of time. Keep in mind they are on-ear headphones so if comfort is a huge concern look elsewhere, not to say they are terrible uncomfortable.
Here is a frequency response comparison between it and the Denon AH-D2000. The AH-D2000 is definitely pretty pure on the low end and as you will see the HE-25-1 is close, but with some obvious lack of deep bass.
I also included the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which is a great headphone considering it can be had for less than $150. It is an excellent buy and would be my recommendation to you both for sound and build quality in addition to it being quite comfortable once the headband stretches a bit. See how the ATH-M50 extends above both of the other headphones from 100 Hz and below? That is some much needed bass.
They won't lack in bass. After receiving my O2 amp (today) and testing the HD25 with these, I was surprised by even more bass than with my Fiio E7. They are now my most bass heavy cans including my D5000, and my just bought DT990 Pro, believe it or not.
But it's definitely good bass to my ears. I still love the upfront sound of these!
- How are Sennheiser HD25-1 II's in the way of bass?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of... 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Polk Subwoofer w/ Klipsch Promedia Satellites 4 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3