Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › What headphones are right for me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What headphones are right for me?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hello all!

 

As you can see I am new to the land of audiophiles and I am seeking advice about headphones.

I am looking for a pair of headphones that can deliver deep bass without distorting the mids and highs too much that is in the $80 range.  In the past I have owned skullcandy skullcrushers but they were terrible, the "subwoofers" were actually just vibrators attached to your head and they completely distorted the sound.  I have been looking at the Sony XB400's as a possibility but beyond that I haven't found much in the way of deep bass delivering headphones.

Thanks!

post #2 of 7

You looking for headphones?

CAL! is way to go. Around $65 normally

If you want IEM, go for XB90EX

post #3 of 7

Also check out the JVC HA-S500. They are portable cans if you want a little more mobility than the Full size cans like CAL.

Ofcourse, for maximum transportability, go for IEM.

post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

Also check out the JVC HA-S500. They are portable cans if you want a little more mobility than the Full size cans like CAL.

Ofcourse, for maximum transportability, go for IEM.

So with these JVC's how is the bass is it a really tight bass or nice and deep because I listen to a lot of dubstep and EDM so I'm thinking deep bass is best for that.

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir3st0rm9 View Post

So with these JVC's how is the bass is it a really tight bass or nice and deep because I listen to a lot of dubstep and EDM so I'm thinking deep bass is best for that.

since i didn't get my S500 yet (ordered them few days ago). i can't give an idea about their bass. But as far as i heard, they have some punchy bass.

 

CAL! and EX90EX got some deep bass for sure.

post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekky View Post

since i didn't get my S500 yet (ordered them few days ago). i can't give an idea about their bass. But as far as i heard, they have some punchy bass.

 

CAL! and EX90EX got some deep bass for sure.

Are these decent? CAL EF0060? http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

They look nice but I don't know a ton about audio equipment.

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fir3st0rm9 View Post

Are these decent? CAL EF0060? 
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA


They look nice but I don't know a ton about audio equipment.
they are currently best bang for the bucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › What headphones are right for me?