Glad you like the M50s. I used to pair mine with a FiiO E17 and they thumped pretty good. If you decide you want even more Bass I'd second Oregonian's suggestion for the the M-Stuido Q40s. They have amazing Bass and smooth highs. Not a bad 'phone at all and they are fairly cheap. Certainly nothing wrong with the M-50s though. They are very highly regarded for the price and were my first "bassy" headphone as well.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSpider International PowerForcetagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable bass heavy cans under $180 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 5:42 am in Headphones (full-size)
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try the Sony XB1000 headphones, same heavy bass sound signature as other XB line headphones, but with bigger '70'mm drivers. The Sony XB1000 headphones are not easy to drive though you need a beast of a amplifier like the Fiio e9 to get the most bass out of them.
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › FiiO E10K USB Cable Problems and Popping 33 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › W40 or W30? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for first time audiophile setup 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 & HA-1 versus Sennheiser HD800 & HDVD800 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K318 Great Condition, Your Choice of Earpads and Free Carrying Bag 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2