Glad you like the M50s. I used to pair mine with a FiiO E17 and they thumped pretty good. If you decide you want even more Bass I'd second Oregonian's suggestion for the the M-Stuido Q40s. They have amazing Bass and smooth highs. Not a bad 'phone at all and they are fairly cheap. Certainly nothing wrong with the M-50s though. They are very highly regarded for the price and were my first "bassy" headphone as well.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSpider International PowerForcetagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable bass heavy cans under $180 Last post on 1/28/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep cans. (yes, another thread on dubstep) Last post on 10/25/12 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 9:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try the Sony XB1000 headphones, same heavy bass sound signature as other XB line headphones, but with bigger '70'mm drivers. The Sony XB1000 headphones are not easy to drive though you need a beast of a amplifier like the Fiio e9 to get the most bass out of them.
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 41 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › aiaiai capital discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › m-100's for rap/hip hop? 2 minutes ago
- › Do you let your DAP warm up ? 2 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.34Beta--Now Playing gets a good memory, APE cuesheets 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for vintage open-back monitoring headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 6 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3