or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 67

post #991 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckyosho View Post




Finally got the time to repair the busted cable on the px100-II.
Had to go double exit though instead of the single.

 

i prefer dual entry/exit myself.  Looks great!

post #992 of 2794

Thanks TekeRugburn. Since the both the cups originally have had the groove for the cables it makes it much more clean and easier to work with.

post #993 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Sounds better than AK120.

 

Is that a Sony EX-51 knockoff of some kind? Or perhaps the real thing....looks familiar.

 

Expecting my Fuze + PX100II combo in the mail today. Fortunately I have the whole day off and the time to fool with it. Rckyosho, I was hoping to do a cable swap on the PX100's myself, any particular reason why you had to use a split one instead of single-sided?


Edited by Roboturner913 - 1/2/14 at 8:21am
post #994 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
 

 

Is that a Sony EX-51 knockoff of some kind? Or perhaps the real thing....looks familiar.

 

Expecting my Fuze + PX100II combo in the mail today. Fortunately I have the whole day off and the time to fool with it. Rckyosho, I was hoping to do a cable swap on the PX100's myself, any particular reason why you had to use a split one instead of single-sided?

Routing it would be a pain in the you know what and having to use a thinner cable was just not enticing for me. Plus

using the split would be more durable if you ever snag the cables(which happens to me often) as it's better at distributing the pulling force on both cable/cups rather than the one single joint.

post #995 of 2794

I see....I was just planning to splice it with the existing wire inside the cup. I do see your point about the stress but I baby my headphones to the point of obsession.

post #996 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post

Is that a Sony EX-51 knockoff of some kind? Or perhaps the real thing....looks familiar.

Expecting my Fuze + PX100II combo in the mail today. Fortunately I have the whole day off and the time to fool with it. Rckyosho, I was hoping to do a cable swap on the PX100's myself, any particular reason why you had to use a split one instead of single-sided?
Probably haha. They're just a cheapo IEM that I never use because they sound so bad.

Split cables/dual entries are more evenly balanced than one sided entry. Ask the pros, that's just my assumption.
post #997 of 2794

Nice work Teke, looks like I's again with the dual I/O's;-) Never really thought about the dual vs. single advantage at least for that short of a distance!

post #998 of 2794

The AMAZING Fuze + PX-100-II combo. My favorite album has never sounded better.

 


Edited by Roboturner913 - 1/3/14 at 12:06pm
post #999 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post

The AMAZING Fuze + PX-100-II combo. My favorite album has never sounded better.



Very glad to see that the PX 100 is getting some of the love it deserves. An extremely underrated ultraportable can
post #1000 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post

The AMAZING Fuze + PX-100-II combo. My favorite album has never sounded better.

 


Are you running the stock firmware?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
post #1001 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Sounds better than AK120.
what do you have your Clip bricked to? I don't recognize it?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
post #1002 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by caableguy View Post

what do you have your Clip bricked to? I don't recognize it?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
Its a gold nugget. It makes my rig sound more "bright". wink.gif
post #1003 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by caableguy View Post


Are you running the stock firmware?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Nope, that is Rockbox. I have like 6 or 7 Sansa players and I'm not sure I've seen the original firmware on any of them.

post #1004 of 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
 

Nope, that is Rockbox. I have like 6 or 7 Sansa players and I'm not sure I've seen the original firmware on any of them.

 

I never use the original firmware on my Sansas either..... I either Rockbox them or don't use them at all. :darthsmile:

post #1005 of 2794

Yeah much better rockboxed,

 

i am using my Q40's outside too since i have the Fiio E11....me gusta :beyersmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)