Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 45

post #661 of 1402

Amen to that! ^^^

post #662 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms3902 View Post

eha6ydyz.jpg

Don't get much more budget friendly than this.

 

post #663 of 1402

Edit: Wrong area.


Edited by H20Fidelity - 10/4/13 at 11:36pm
post #664 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post


To be completely honest I don't know what it does.
post #665 of 1402
Thread Starter 
Don't the files require the RG data in them for it to work?
post #666 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms3902 View Post


To be completely honest I don't know what it does.

 

Have a look here.... http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=ReplayGain

 

I find it to be a very valuable tool. It's essential for listening in shuffle all mode.....keeps you from having your ears blasted out at song transitions. But it's even useful if you don't use shuffle mode....I could sit here and listen to a Yes album from the early 1970s, and on my next album choose something relatively new, and the ReplayGain will ensure that the newer album starts off at roughly the same volume as the older album.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Don't the files require the RG data in them for it to work?

 

Indeed they do! And I apply it with http://www.foobar2000.org/

post #667 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

Have a look here.... http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=ReplayGain
I find it to be a very valuable tool. It's essential for listening in shuffle all mode.....keeps you from having your ears blasted out at song transitions. But it's even useful if you don't use shuffle mode....I could sit here and listen to a Yes album from the early 1970s, and on my next album choose something relatively new, and the ReplayGain will ensure that the newer album starts off at roughly the same volume as the older album.


Indeed they do! And I apply it with http://www.foobar2000.org/
OK, that makes sense. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the help.
Edited by ms3902 - 10/5/13 at 9:56pm
post #668 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms3902 View Post


OK, that makes sense. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the help.

 

My pleasure. :smile_phones: 

post #669 of 1402

It also comes with MediaMonkey, Musicbee, and just about other other music ripping/encoding/management program I've tried.

 

I don't use it much myself, but I never listen on shuffle. If I did, it would be almost necessary because I might go from Emerson, Lake and Palmer to Rage Against the Machine or something and blow my eardrums apart.

post #670 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms3902 View Post

eha6ydyz.jpg

Don't get much more budget friendly than this.

 

That was one of my first budget combos. I still hear those she3580 sometimes just to remember how good they were for the price. 

:ksc75smile:

post #671 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Revisiting the gr04 flagship. I was thinking of grabbing something different today and it's been resting in a box for months now, so I decided to go for it. I completely forgot how good it actually is.

 

I have not seen those in a while now.

post #672 of 1402

Imo the best truly budget rig is the 4GB Clip Zip and the Soundmagic ES18. if you wait for a sale, you can get the two for $40 total. Imo  a true budget rig is under $50 for the player and earphones.

post #673 of 1402

Oh c'mon you don´t need to be so cheap. For me right now under the 200$ mark will sansa clip+gr07 mkii and an optional e11 if you need extra bass.

post #674 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
 

Imo the best truly budget rig is the 4GB Clip Zip and the Soundmagic ES18. if you wait for a sale, you can get the two for $40 total. Imo  a true budget rig is under $50 for the player and earphones.

 

that's like middle school level budget. :)

post #675 of 1402
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

 

that's like middle school level budget. :)

Pretty much :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)