Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 43

post #631 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Haha, I guess for 90% off, they were alright to buy!

 

The stockies should keep you smiling whilst you save up for some new and prettier shoes:) (I say the stealthy all-black look, as seen here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=624843410899282&set=a.130220923694869.25355.106576446059317&type=1&theater )

 

I say invest in her, she's a work of art, after all!

 

SoundMAGIC E10's sound way better? I've been told that also...but the thing is...now my decision is harder to make...

 

I'm stuck between:

 

Good sound quality for a cheap price (E10) with a cable-down wear (which is ideal for when I am sitting still like on a bus etc, but not when I'm working out)

 

VS.

 

Mediocre sound quality for a higher pricing (M6P), with an over-ear wear (which is ideal for working out but doesn't look all that appealing in public),  and has the volume control function which I kinda really need since when on the go, I won't have time to bother changing the volume of my source (as it has a really crappy touch pad).

 

What am I to do...

 

Oh, I think I found something for you. How about the Padacs Akcent http://www.padacs.com/cart/product.php?id=72 . It's an Australian company so you shouldn't have issues getting it fast. It's highly discounted and I haven't heard it but joker has it included in his buyer's guide http://theheadphonelist.com/articles/earphone-buyers-guide/ and thats' at $50. At $9.95 it should be a no-brainer if you don't mind bass.

post #632 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

 

What about just going with the E10M's? (the mic'd version)

post #633 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

 

Oh, I think I found something for you. How about the Padacs Akcent http://www.padacs.com/cart/product.php?id=72 . It's an Australian company so you shouldn't have issues getting it fast. It's highly discounted and I haven't heard it but joker has it included in his buyer's guide http://theheadphonelist.com/articles/earphone-buyers-guide/ and thats' at $50. At $9.95 it should be a no-brainer if you don't mind bass.

 

Thanks for that!

 

Nice find! I'm not too sure if I'm a fan of the heavy bass, but I am enjoying the M-100's quite a lot, so these might be for my taste. Lemme have a look around and see if they will be worthy of buying:)

 

EDIT: I might have to pass on those, haha. Read Joker's rating and impression on those Padacs:

 

 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
 (2A24) TFTA-2100-2V1S / 1V

TFTA 1V 400x300.jpg
Reviewed Mar 2012

Details: Bass-heavy IEM sharing a housing design with the Padacs Aksent
Current Price: est. $156 (£100) from tfta.eu (MSRP: £99.95)
Specs: Driver: Dynamic | Imp: 16Ω | Sens: 100 dB | Freq: 20-20k Hz | Cable: 4' I-plug
Nozzle Size: 4.5mm | Preferred tips: generic bi-flanges; short bi-flanges
Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear

Accessories (1/5) - Single-flange silicone tips (3 sizes)
Build Quality (3.5/5) – The gigantic metal housings are finished in glossy gunmetal and feel very sturdy. Beefy strain reliefs protect the thin, rubbery cable on housing entry but not so much at the I-plug. Driver flex is moderate to severe
Isolation (3/5) – Good for a vented dynamic-driver earphone
Microphonics (3.5/5) – Tolerable when worn cable-down; good otherwise
Comfort (3.5/5) – Though the housings are quite large, they weigh no more than those of the average metal-shelled earphone and can be worn both cord-up and cord-down

Sound (7.1/10) – The 1V shares more than just its housings with the Padacs Aksent – it shares the bass-centric sound signature as well. The low end of the TFTAs is very attention-grabbing and undoubtedly dominates in the overall balance - if bass could be measured in units of weight, the 1V would have a ton. The last set I remember being this bassy was the Sony XB40EX, with most other in-ears simply being put out to pasture in terms of bass quantity. Bass depth is very good – while there is a touch more mid-bass than sub-bass, rumble and subbass power are plentiful. Impact is very good as well – the TFTAs are capable of moving lots and lots of air. The notes produced are a bit rounded and the bass sounds very full-bodied, even ‘fat’. On the downside, it also appears bloated and boomy much of the time, which is not unexpected considering the quantity.

The mids of the TFTA 1V are recessed in comparison to the low end, though there is quite a bit of bass bleed propping up the lower midrange. The bleed reduces clarity and resolution – on both counts the TFTA is about on-par with the Dunu Trident and lags behind reasonably bassy sets such as the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE and id America Spark. The overall sound is warm, full, and colored, with reasonably good detail and a pleasant thickness. Those who are expecting the mids to serve as a compliment to the bass should be pleased but listeners on the hunt for transparency can do better, even among bass-heavy sets.

Similarly, while the treble doesn’t have the same veil as the midrange, it lacks crispness and definition. There is no smearing but the overall detail level isn’t particularly great and those looking for higher-than-average treble sparkle will be disappointed. Compared to other bass-heavy sets, however, the treble is not bad – the Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE, for example, is just as treble-recessed, and the Velodyne vPulse has similarly average detail levels. Top-end extension is moderate – better than with the id America Spark and about on-par with the vPulse.

The presentation is perhaps the most interesting aspect of the 1V and also where it differs most from the cheaper Padacs Aksent. The soundstage is wide and spacious, providing a ‘big’ sound so befitting the huge bass presence. The sonic space is deep and reverberant but unfortunately the bass dominance doesn’t help with separation – the low end is consistently intrusive and seems to come from everywhere all at once. It is often more enjoyable than the somewhat flat and boring soundstage of the Velodyne vPulse but a little more positioning accuracy definitely wouldn’t have hurt.

Value (7/10) – The TFTA 1V is a basshead’s dream come true, a set that unabashedly refuses to sacrifice its immense bass for any reason. The housings, while large, are quite attractive and not overly heavy and the isolation and build quality are decent enough to make the TFTA easy to recommend for those who just can’t get enough bass from headphones. For other listeners – especially those who fear bass bloat - alternatives abound.

Pros: Well-built and attractive; large presentation; big bass
Cons: Very large housings; driver flex; big bloat
 
 
 

Edited by SkyBleu - 9/28/13 at 7:28pm
post #634 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

 

What about just going with the E10M's? (the mic'd version)

 

They don't have the volume control that works universally. The new M6P model of 2012 have a sliding mechanism for the volume on the cable, so it's easy to use, as opposed to iDevice volume control.

post #635 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

They don't have the volume control that works universally. The new M6P model of 2012 have a sliding mechanism for the volume on the cable, so it's easy to use, as opposed to iDevice volume control.

 

Well, honestly just because there is volume control doesn't mean it will work with C3. It mostly likely won't. The only iem with volume control that works on my C3 is my altec lansing im716 and that's because its volume pot is not directly controlling the volume on C3 but changing the resistance. The PAdacs at least are only 10 bucks but I personally wouldn't go for E10 coz it's getting way to close in price to something like the VSD1/S and a bunch of other newer iems, which are quite superior in sq.

And that's joker's review on the padacs http://www.head-fi.org/t/544855/review-padacs-aksent-big-style-big-sound as his thread seems to be messed up right now and they are missing along with a whole bunch of iems


Edited by kova4a - 9/28/13 at 7:43pm
post #636 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

 

Well, honestly just because there is volume control doesn't mean it will work with C3. It mostly likely won't. The only iem with volume control that works on my C3 is my altec lansing im716 and that's because its volume pot is not directly controlling the volume on C3 but changing the resistance. The PAdacs at least are only 10 bucks but I personally wouldn't go for E10 coz it's getting way to close in price to something like the VSD1/S and a bunch of other newer iems, which are quite superior in sq.

And that's joker's review on the padacs http://www.head-fi.org/t/544855/review-padacs-aksent-big-style-big-sound as his thread seems to be messed up right now and they are missing along with a whole bunch of iems

 

Yeah, I know what you mean, and when I said a universal volume control, it meant a slider/volume pot control. 

 

Hmm, what do you mean the Padacs are 10 bucks?:\ It says 69.95 on the website...If it were ten bucks, I'll grab it in a heartbeat:)

 

http://www.padacs.com/cart/product.php?id=72 $69.95 

post #637 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Yeah, I know what you mean, and when I said a universal volume control, it meant a slider/volume pot control. 

 

Hmm, what do you mean the Padacs are 10 bucks?:\ It says 69.95 on the website...If it were ten bucks, I'll grab it in a heartbeat:)

 

http://www.padacs.com/cart/product.php?id=72 $69.95 

 

Really? It says $9.95 for me next to the stricken out price of $49.95? Could it be that it's only for non-Australian buyer, which sounds like a nonsense. Could it be that you're seeing the dollar sign in front of 9.95 as a 6 LOL


Edited by kova4a - 9/28/13 at 7:50pm
post #638 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Really? It says $9.95 for me next to the stricken out price of $49.95? Could it be that it's only for non-Australian buyer, which sounds like a nonsense. Could it be that you're seeing the dollar sign in front of 9.95 as a 6 LOL

I kid you not! Here, look!

(Click to enlarge)

Show me what it says for you.
post #639 of 1620

This

 

You should totally contact them and make a fuss out of it till they price match it to 10 bucks. I don't see a reason why someone trying to support his local companies instead of importing products should be paying more.


Edited by kova4a - 9/28/13 at 8:11pm
post #640 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

This

 

You should totally contact them and make a fuss out of it till they price match it to 10 bucks. I don't see a reason why someone trying to support his local companies instead of importing products should be paying more.

 

Very much appreciate your screenshot. I will use that to see if they will drop the pricing:)

 

Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted as to what happens from there!

post #641 of 1620

Here's what I wrote to them. 

 

Hopefully, they'll get back to me on this issue.

 

Email to PADACS (Click to show)
PADACS Australia,
 
I write this e-mail to you to question about one of your products, specifically the Aksent High-Definition In-Ear Earphones.
 
As seen on your website (viewed in Australia), the product is listed at the price of $69.95 (As seen in the screenshots attached), whilst the product, whilst from an international buyer's point of view, it is currently $9.95 next to the stricken out price of $49.95 - all of which is by far cheaper than what is offered here locally. 
 
If it's is not too much to ask, may you please justify this price difference?
 
I find that since I'm local, wouldn't it be more reasonable to give your local buyers the cheaper option, as it is theoretically cheaper for you to ship domestically as opposed to internationally?
 
Anyways, if you can, please do get back to me, as it makes me concerned.
 
 
Kind regards,
-Daniel
 
post #642 of 1620

Nah, that's too polite IMO. Anyway, I think we should probably stop with this discussion as some people might be mad when they come here and see all these posts without any pics of budget rigs in them

post #643 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Nah, that's too polite IMO. Anyway, I think we should probably stop with this discussion as some people might be mad when they come here and see all these posts without any pics of budget rigs in them

 

Well, my intentions were for them to still sell me the product you know:)

 

I might review them if I have time. Yes, I agree, we should stop with this irrelevancy, and let the thread get back on track with some pictures.

 

I'll pop up one of my budget rigs, in that regard.

 

iPod Nano 3rd Generation + XKDun CK-700

post #644 of 1620

How's this for budget? Just got it from ebay. 10 bucks and free shipping. I couldn't believe my luck. Very sturdy, classy little thing. It'll be my beater, but I like it so much I just ordered a NIB one to be my go-to player. With Rockbox installed and some EQ tweaks it sounds almost as good as my Clip+.

 

post #645 of 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
 

How's this for budget? Just got it from ebay. 10 bucks and free shipping. I couldn't believe my luck. Very sturdy, classy little thing. It'll be my beater, but I like it so much I just ordered a NIB one to be my go-to player. With Rockbox installed and some EQ tweaks it sounds almost as good as my Clip+.

 

 

 

If it is a v2 model it should sound almost identical to the Clip series players. If it is a v1, the Rockbox tweaks will be more necessary.....and watch out for occasional CPU noise through the headphone jack, which some Clip+ and Fuze models also exhibited. I have a v1 and it's well suited for being a beater player....it's often the one I use at work, that I don't worry about.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)