Recent Images In This Thread
- product2GB Clip MP3 Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-FC700A Portable Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCreative Labs Zen Mozaic EZ300 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO L1 Line Out Dock Cable (LOD) For iPod and iPhonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Biscuittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Boxtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJVC Victor Portable Headphones HA-S500-Ztagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Grey MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46G,Greytagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (White)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 201 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- headphones for 7 year old sister Last post on 1/10/13 at 8:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp plus samsa clip help Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Gym headphones NOT IEM Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 35post #511 of 11879/10/13 at 2:23am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #512 of 11879/10/13 at 6:52am
I'm posting this here for the following reason: Fiio X.3 was had for $160. KSC75s for $5! Total package including mid tier DAP, amp, DAC, and quality headphones for under $200.
Pretty high price to performance ratio given that a new iPod cost $200 or more.post #513 of 11879/10/13 at 10:06amThread StarterQuote:
Nice! I need me an X3!post #514 of 11879/10/13 at 10:12amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by julian67
I know we had this debate before and budget means different things to different people but there are lots of other places where people can post pics of $1500 IEMs. It's just so obviously out of place here and will ruin the thread by making it no different than every other rich kid's playground thread you ever saw, and there is no shortage of those here.
+1 Read and Heed!
Silly Ozzies want to spoil everyones fun with their BroMance pictures...
Here is another Amazing Porta Pro pic with the equally Amazing C3...
Taken from the deck at work when the power was out. :)post #516 of 11879/10/13 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by julian67
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the Letter of the Budget-Fi beast, for it is the Letter of a Man: His Letter is 'R'. R is not for Rich kids. R is for Rejected, Refurbished, Repacked, Really cheap, gratefully Received and Rightfully in the Budget-Fi thread:
Interesting...mine has more than just the letter "R".
I don't know where it was purchased from originally....the the word "refurb" is etched right into the player......I can't tell if the "R" is like that on yours or not.post #518 of 11879/10/13 at 10:07pmpost #519 of 11879/11/13 at 8:16ampost #520 of 11879/11/13 at 8:28ampost #521 of 11879/11/13 at 8:35amQuote:
No it is! DX50 may not scream much with $239, but when you start adding your first iPod purchase then Clip+ then moving to Cowon players, then to Colorfly, you have already spent more than what you call budget, so it is better to start and stop with DX50, this way it is likely to stay budget-fi!post #522 of 11879/11/13 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by santhoshr
No it is! DX50 may not scream much with $239, but when you start adding your first iPod purchase then Clip+ then moving to Cowon players, then to Colorfly, you have already spent more than what you call budget, so it is better to start and stop with DX50, this way it is likely to stay budget-fi!
Ah but you miss the point. It's not how much you've spent on all your rigs it's how much you spent to put a budget rig together. $200 is about the limit. Your rig is significantly over that price point by @ $70 (I'm including the shipping cost of the DX50).post #524 of 11879/11/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by julian67
If anyone feels it is really witty to pair an expensive product with a very cheap one and post a pic then can I suggest they enjoy that same joke in one of the expensive gear threads? It's the same premise and joke but rich people have better everything and that includes a better sense of humour than the rest of us so you will all have big laughs and make new rich friends too, instead of having us ghastly not-rich people wish you would go bother someone else.
Hahaha, love it.post #525 of 11879/11/13 at 10:21am
Anyway, getting this thread back to budget-fi -
Borrowed the MEElectronics M6-CLs from my friend, he got them for 20$. I liked how comfortable they were with the single flanges, especially with my Sony Hybrids. Had a tough time with Bi-Tri flanges though. Trying to make them fit was tough, and the left one had a bit of driver flex. SQ is quite good for 20$ but they have sibilance. Sufficed it by using EQ and tuning them down around the 6khz mark (needed constant EQ-ing song after song sadly). I'm used to my SRH440 so yeah IEMs aren't really my thing. I'm happy I tried these out.
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Hello! Fresh Audiophile w/ New Grado PS500s. 2 minutes ago
- › My Very First Cans - HD600 (with HD650 cables) vs. HD650 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E11 - Impression + Information + Support 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude