Recent Images In This Thread
- product2GB Clip MP3 Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-FC700A Portable Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCreative Labs Zen Mozaic EZ300 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO L1 Line Out Dock Cable (LOD) For iPod and iPhonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Biscuittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Boxtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJVC Victor Portable Headphones HA-S500-Ztagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Grey MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46G,Greytagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (White)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 201 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE425-V Dual High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Metallic Silver)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- headphones for 7 year old sister Last post on 1/10/13 at 8:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp plus samsa clip help Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 12/11/12 at 1:32am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Gym headphones NOT IEM Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 2post #16 of 9312/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9312/24/13 at 5:02pmpost #18 of 9312/24/13 at 6:43pmpost #19 of 9312/24/13 at 7:41pm
not to take anything away from THOUGHTCRIMINAL.. i also have silicone molds on my earphones, best thing i have done.. i prefer it over the many silicone rubber tips and foam tips..
my source is a 30g ipod classic,, amp is a Fiio E11.. with a custom line out dock to connect the two.
im glad you started this thread,, i was just about to post these pics in the other one where guys have better equipment than mine..post #20 of 9312/24/13 at 7:50pmQuote:
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.post #21 of 9312/24/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I posted a walkthrough on my blog http://notanaudiophile.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-turn-your-earphones-into-custom-iem.html. Please forgive the amateur everything, its my first blog and its not really "up" yet.
Jaejw1 had an excellent idea in using universal iem tips to extend the nozzle, creating a deeper, tighter seal. I haven't tried it but I can only see it as an improvement on the way I did it. You can see his post here http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-new-mp9927-pg-208-mp8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club/3300#post_9198918post #22 of 9312/25/13 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by watsaname
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.
this is a direct link to my step process http://s185.beta.photobucket.com/user/jaejw1/story/10901 .. although i have tried many times to get miine like THOUGHTCRIMINAL i just couldnt get the angle straight to allow for a good even mold so i used the lil tube to create that for me.. it is soft and comfotable and no different than actually have a tip on it (as far as sound signature is concerned) its a lot more comfortable than having regular tips in,,, in my opinion and a heck of a lot cheaper toopost #23 of 9312/25/13 at 10:02amThread StarterQuote:
That is what this thread is all about, no one has to feel embarrassed to post the gear they enjoy and use every day!post #24 of 9312/25/13 at 11:39ampost #25 of 9312/25/13 at 2:19pmpost #26 of 9312/25/13 at 3:17pmpost #27 of 9313/2/13 at 8:00ampost #28 of 9313/2/13 at 5:01pmpost #29 of 9313/2/13 at 7:15pmpost #30 of 9313/2/13 at 10:31pm
Rock boxed sansa clip+ and my favorite headphone under 150 the Pro dj100!
Phillips the Stretch when I want to look cool. There not quite as good sounding as the Koss but still Awesome. I would say about in league with than Monoprices.
Edited by Noah H - 3/2/13 at 10:38pm
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New guy looking for an RCA switcher 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 36 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › knife-fi? 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Grado prestige series SR80i - excellent condition 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi