Recent Images In This Thread
- product2GB Clip MP3 Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-FC700A Portable Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCreative Labs Zen Mozaic EZ300 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO L1 Line Out Dock Cable (LOD) For iPod and iPhonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Biscuittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Boxtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJVC Victor Portable Headphones HA-S500-Ztagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Grey MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46G,Greytagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (White)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 201 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- headphones for 7 year old sister Last post on 1/10/13 at 8:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp plus samsa clip help Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Gym headphones NOT IEM Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 2post #16 of 11872/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11872/24/13 at 5:02pmpost #18 of 11872/24/13 at 6:43pmpost #19 of 11872/24/13 at 7:41pm
not to take anything away from THOUGHTCRIMINAL.. i also have silicone molds on my earphones, best thing i have done.. i prefer it over the many silicone rubber tips and foam tips..
my source is a 30g ipod classic,, amp is a Fiio E11.. with a custom line out dock to connect the two.
im glad you started this thread,, i was just about to post these pics in the other one where guys have better equipment than mine..post #20 of 11872/24/13 at 7:50pmQuote:
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.post #21 of 11872/24/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I posted a walkthrough on my blog http://notanaudiophile.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-turn-your-earphones-into-custom-iem.html. Please forgive the amateur everything, its my first blog and its not really "up" yet.
Jaejw1 had an excellent idea in using universal iem tips to extend the nozzle, creating a deeper, tighter seal. I haven't tried it but I can only see it as an improvement on the way I did it. You can see his post here http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-new-mp9927-pg-208-mp8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club/3300#post_9198918post #22 of 11872/25/13 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by watsaname
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.
this is a direct link to my step process http://s185.beta.photobucket.com/user/jaejw1/story/10901 .. although i have tried many times to get miine like THOUGHTCRIMINAL i just couldnt get the angle straight to allow for a good even mold so i used the lil tube to create that for me.. it is soft and comfotable and no different than actually have a tip on it (as far as sound signature is concerned) its a lot more comfortable than having regular tips in,,, in my opinion and a heck of a lot cheaper toopost #23 of 11872/25/13 at 10:02amThread StarterQuote:
That is what this thread is all about, no one has to feel embarrassed to post the gear they enjoy and use every day!post #24 of 11872/25/13 at 11:39ampost #25 of 11872/25/13 at 2:19pmpost #26 of 11872/25/13 at 3:17pmpost #27 of 11873/2/13 at 8:00ampost #28 of 11873/2/13 at 5:01pmpost #29 of 11873/2/13 at 7:15pmpost #30 of 11873/2/13 at 10:31pm
Rock boxed sansa clip+ and my favorite headphone under 150 the Pro dj100!
Phillips the Stretch when I want to look cool. There not quite as good sounding as the Koss but still Awesome. I would say about in league with than Monoprices.
Edited by Noah H - 3/2/13 at 10:38pm
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 24 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones that are crystal clear 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude