Recent Images In This Thread
- product2GB Clip MP3 Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-FC700A Portable Headphones with 40mm Neodymium Drivers, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCreative Labs Zen Mozaic EZ300 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFiiO L1 Line Out Dock Cable (LOD) For iPod and iPhonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Biscuittagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHippo Boxtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJVC Victor Portable Headphones HA-S500-Ztagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB Grey MP3 Player SDMX22-008G-E46G,Greytagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (White)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 201 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSony MDR-V150 Monitor Series Headphones with Reversible Earcupstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- headphones for 7 year old sister Last post on 1/10/13 at 8:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp plus samsa clip help Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- E6, E7, E11 or SoundMagic A10 Last post on 3/5/14 at 10:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Gym headphones NOT IEM Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 2post #16 of 11732/24/13 at 4:48pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11732/24/13 at 5:02pmpost #18 of 11732/24/13 at 6:43pmpost #19 of 11732/24/13 at 7:41pm
not to take anything away from THOUGHTCRIMINAL.. i also have silicone molds on my earphones, best thing i have done.. i prefer it over the many silicone rubber tips and foam tips..
my source is a 30g ipod classic,, amp is a Fiio E11.. with a custom line out dock to connect the two.
im glad you started this thread,, i was just about to post these pics in the other one where guys have better equipment than mine..post #20 of 11732/24/13 at 7:50pmQuote:
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.post #21 of 11732/24/13 at 8:04pmQuote:
I posted a walkthrough on my blog http://notanaudiophile.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-turn-your-earphones-into-custom-iem.html. Please forgive the amateur everything, its my first blog and its not really "up" yet.
Jaejw1 had an excellent idea in using universal iem tips to extend the nozzle, creating a deeper, tighter seal. I haven't tried it but I can only see it as an improvement on the way I did it. You can see his post here http://www.head-fi.org/t/580769/the-monoprice-new-mp9927-pg-208-mp8320-mep-933-the-7-11-club/3300#post_9198918post #22 of 11732/25/13 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by watsaname
I can't find the original video I saw, that explained it slightly better, but this youtube video does a pretty good job of showing the process. Basically instead of using regular silicone tips or comply or Shure, you use putty to make your own custom tips.
this is a direct link to my step process http://s185.beta.photobucket.com/user/jaejw1/story/10901 .. although i have tried many times to get miine like THOUGHTCRIMINAL i just couldnt get the angle straight to allow for a good even mold so i used the lil tube to create that for me.. it is soft and comfotable and no different than actually have a tip on it (as far as sound signature is concerned) its a lot more comfortable than having regular tips in,,, in my opinion and a heck of a lot cheaper toopost #23 of 11732/25/13 at 10:02amThread StarterQuote:
That is what this thread is all about, no one has to feel embarrassed to post the gear they enjoy and use every day!post #24 of 11732/25/13 at 11:39ampost #25 of 11732/25/13 at 2:19pmpost #26 of 11732/25/13 at 3:17pmpost #27 of 11733/2/13 at 8:00ampost #28 of 11733/2/13 at 5:01pmpost #29 of 11733/2/13 at 7:15pmpost #30 of 11733/2/13 at 10:31pm
Rock boxed sansa clip+ and my favorite headphone under 150 the Pro dj100!
Phillips the Stretch when I want to look cool. There not quite as good sounding as the Koss but still Awesome. I would say about in league with than Monoprices.
Edited by Noah H - 3/2/13 at 10:38pm
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 31 seconds ago
- › Strange static with Sony MDR7506 Professionals 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi... 1 minute ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude