Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 92

post #1366 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Well here it is guys the *Used-Fi* thread for posting pictures of your rig that you picked up for $150 but is actually worth $600 since the girl you bought it off was seriously annoyed with her boyfriend and sold his rig for the first offer and just didn't care...  or Uncle Louie went out and bought you everything for your birthday and you added a pair of $100 IEM's to the $500 rig and you figure it belongs in this thread since you only spent a C note.

Now you can post all those WICKED deals in the thread below without any discussion as to if it belongs!

Pictures of Your *Used-Fi* Portable Rig's aka the "Look what I Stole Thread"




Enjoy!
beerchug.gif

+ good for those whose maths are bad ..lol
post #1367 of 1649

Philips SHL3300 ($42) + Sansa Clip Zip ($30) + Brainwavz HM5 Pads ($18)

"Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets.

The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good.

I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you ask me. I took off the stock pads and installed some Brainwavz HM5 pads, which I highly recommend, since I've yet to have them fail me on any given pair of headphones."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/30#post_10726564

 


Edited by SkyBleu - 7/19/14 at 10:33pm
post #1368 of 1649

Ipod 5.5 with new face, back and click wheel . Topping NX1 amp and home made LOD cable. Can't seem t post pictures yet I guess, too few posts.

post #1369 of 1649

I still haven't got any new stuff (:(:(:() so I'm posting my bro's setup. iPod nano (4th gen?) + klipsch s3. Nothing fancy but it gets him by.

post #1370 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

Philips SHL3300 ($42) + Sansa Clip Zip ($30) + Brainwavz HM5 Pads ($18)

"Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets.

The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good.

I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you ask me. I took off the stock pads and installed some Brainwavz HM5 pads, which I highly recommend, since I've yet to have them fail me on any given pair of headphones."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/30#post_10726564

 

 

Phillips seems to be doing well in the headphone market. Those look comfy too!

post #1371 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

I still haven't got any new stuff (frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif ) so I'm posting my bro's setup. iPod nano (4th gen?) + klipsch s3. Nothing fancy but it gets him by.

3rd gen, 4th gen is slimmer, taller, big screen, no camera.
post #1372 of 1649

Thank you good sir

post #1373 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

 

Phillips seems to be doing well in the headphone market. Those look comfy too!

Indeed they are! 

 

I'd happily recommend these headphones over many headphones in the $100-$300 range, after having a play with some of the mainstream products in JB HiFi (Australian) store. 

post #1374 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

I still haven't got any new stuff (:(:(:() so I'm posting my bro's setup. iPod nano (4th gen?) + klipsch s3. Nothing fancy but it gets him by.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Yeah, 3rd gen - my favorite nano - I don't like the following models at all.

post #1375 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, 3rd gen - my favorite nano - I don't like the following models at all.
My 3rd gen died. The day I find a Blue 3rd gen 8GB on eBay, is the day I buy it.
post #1376 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Yeah, 3rd gen - my favorite nano - I don't like the following models at all.

Totally agree. It just look awessome in comparison to any other model. And the 6th and 7th gen are just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post


My 3rd gen died. The day I find a Blue 3rd gen 8GB on eBay, is the day I buy it.

May I ask you two how do you get your library into the ipod ? :D I have one as well but i really dont want to convert everything i have in Flac to Aiff or Alac (?) just to get it to iTunes. And rockbox doesnt work ? Do i really have to convert ? 

post #1377 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrajdl View Post

Totally agree. It just look awessome in comparison to any other model. And the 6th and 7th gen are just ridiculous.
May I ask you two how do you get your library into the ipod ? biggrin.gif I have one as well but i really dont want to convert everything i have in Flac to Aiff or Alac (?) just to get it to iTunes. And rockbox doesnt work ? Do i really have to convert ? 
Sadly you do. Almost sure there's a batch converter FLAC to ALAC. Considering that most devices can play ALAC,
I just rip mine to it.
post #1378 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrajdl View Post

May I ask you two how do you get your library into the ipod ? :D I have one as well but i really dont want to convert everything i have in Flac to Aiff or Alac (?) just to get it to iTunes. And rockbox doesnt work ? Do i really have to convert ? 

 

This is what you're looking for - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/x-lossless-decoder

post #1379 of 1649
my humble little rig =) with custom Decal on my zune HD
post #1380 of 1649
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)