Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 86

post #1276 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

But does the $10 phone sound good? Hell I'm tempted to pick one up that cheap
Kyocera Hydro?
post #1277 of 2015

Dammit :/

 

post #1278 of 2015

Maybe you can just get some Crazy Glue, the one with the tiny brush, and repair them. It is not a very clear picture, but if the wires going to the driver are fine, I guess you can do it.

post #1279 of 2015


My newly bought Sansa Clip Zip and my special, limited edition blue jvc' HA-S500 (only 1 was ever made) tongue.gif

For those of you who actually know the story behind these s500's: shhhh biggrin.gif
post #1280 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onix View Post
 

Maybe you can just get some Crazy Glue, the one with the tiny brush, and repair them. It is not a very clear picture, but if the wires going to the driver are fine, I guess you can do it.


No, the driver died, I don´t know the right terms, but it´s like the membrane separated or something, so it won´t sound, despite if I glue them :triportsad:

post #1281 of 2015


Rockboxed Sandisk Zip Clip -> FiiO E6 Pre-amp -> FiiO E12 Headphone Amp -> Denon AH-D600 Headphones.
post #1282 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemsc View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Rockboxed Sandisk Zip Clip -> FiiO E6 Pre-amp -> FiiO E12 Headphone Amp -> Denon AH-D600 Headphones.
I think that belongs here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/681701/pictures-of-your-mid-fi-portable-rig-200-600
post #1283 of 2015
Thread Starter 
Yup way over price, almost too much for the Mid-Fi thread as well. biggrin.gif
post #1284 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMalakai View Post
 


No, the driver died, I don´t know the right terms, but it´s like the membrane separated or something, so it won´t sound, despite if I glue them :triportsad:


Sorry to heat that. But now you have an excuse to get new IEM's. Unless, of course, the warranty is still on.

post #1285 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onix View Post
 


Sorry to heat that. But now you have an excuse to get new IEM's. Unless, of course, the warranty is still on.

 

They have one year warranty, but no, the cable was dying, and It was my fault, the cable got caught on my knee when I was crouching and it died :/ Whatever...I guess that i´m going to get something like the Narmoos S1.

post #1286 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by oMalakai View Post
 

 

They have one year warranty, but no, the cable was dying, and It was my fault, the cable got caught on my knee when I was crouching and it died :/ Whatever...I guess that i´m going to get something like the Narmoos S1.


Good luck with your next choice then. Take care.

post #1287 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Yup way over price, almost too much for the Mid-Fi thread as well. biggrin.gif

@TrollDragon + @xkonfuzed

I guess I always considered it budget as I swapped in discounted parts that gave the best bang for buck like "Trigger's Broom."

This started as an IPod Touch 2nd Gen(Running Capriccio App) -> Denon AH-C300 earphones.
post #1288 of 2015
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemsc View Post

@TrollDragon + @xkonfuzed

I guess I always considered it budget as I swapped in discounted parts that gave the best bang for buck like "Trigger's Broom."

This started as an IPod Touch 2nd Gen(Running Capriccio App) -> Denon AH-C300 earphones.
NP, this is why we had to set a price limit on this thread. Peoples definition of budget usually relates to the number of zeros in their income... biggrin.gif
post #1289 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemsc View Post

I guess I always considered it budget as I swapped in discounted parts that gave the best bang for buck like "Trigger's Broom."

Everyone's benchmark for "budget" is different which is why for the $200 rule. The idea is that anyone can, in principle, get the same thing for about the same money.

I don't have a camera handy so I can't post my latest obPhoto: Sansa Clip Zip that I've photographed previously + Koss ProDJ100 + Shure SRH1540 pads. Total cost around $150 including the uSD card. The Shure pads are a pricy side-grade to the more commonly used ATH-M50 pads. Less bass reverb, more comfort.
post #1290 of 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


There's an IEM I"m pairing with Clip Zip atm that sounds stupendous. 

All I can give you guys atm is this half blurry image.




Don't you hate that? Have something intriguing to show everyone and the camera stuffs out! :D

I can say one thing though. Watch. This. Space.
 


Any more word on what those iems are for the curious?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)