Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) - Page 75

post #1111 of 1400

I'd have loved to say that was from my spaceship, lol. And that we had to come to this planet to experience awesome headphones and the FD3S!



It's actually a tradition in my country to decorate the building/apartment when someone gets married, I know that sounded weird lol but that's how it is. In a few months my brother is getting married as well, so we'll have to decorate the apartment like this. These are like the Christmas lights people hang, only much, much longer.

post #1112 of 1400

post #1113 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post


Man I love those amps I always wanted to build one after seeing it on lifehacker and insructables....very ccol
Yeh I really like how great they look while being pretty cheap. I have an even smaller one coming so I'll post up a pic of that when it arrives.
post #1114 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

The ipod touch sure, as we don't know which version it is....but the headphones are 140ish new.  We generally don't count the used prices.  The prices of our components new must be under 200. If the price total for new components are under 200; then the member can announce he actually got the components for.  That's the general rule.  Unless the component is discontinued (that version of the ipod touch) then we use the going used price for it.  However, your headphones can still be bought new so the going price is 140ish.  Which would put you over the budget.  Just a little FYI

Been meaning to tell Troll he needs to start a "Look what I stole thread":-0 LOL I remember having these same issues in the mid-fi thread where guys wanted to stay under the $600 mark by saying they got their iPhone or Droid for free with contract! Every system in any of these threas should be based on retail;-)
post #1115 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post


Been meaning to tell Troll he needs to start a "Look what I stole thread":-0 LOL I remember having these same issues in the mid-fi thread where guys wanted to stay under the $600 mark by saying they got their iPhone or Droid for free with contract! Every system in any of these threas should be based on retail;-)

 

if we had a, best budget rig (no matter how you got it) thread...I think I'd dominate lol

post #1116 of 1400
Yes you would!
post #1117 of 1400
That's like this rig, even though it falls in the sub $200 category I got it for free, won the Shuffle in a work meeting drawing and my brother-in-law gave me the PX-200's because they did not have enough bass for his liking!!
post #1118 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

That's like this rig, even though it falls in the sub $200 category I got it for free, won the Shuffle in a work meeting drawing and my brother-in-law gave me the PX-200's because they did not have enough bass for his liking!!

 

of all the gear i have own....i never owned the px100/200 before....ive heard them but never had them.  

 

I like it!

 

I literally have 20+ shuffles because my cousin is a mechanic at the dodge dealership and people always forget stuff in their cars when they trade it in,  and one of my best friends is a store manager at Drivetime.  So they always give me the DAPs they find in cars lol

post #1119 of 1400
Man, some guys have all the luck:-0 Speaking of bargains I had these speaker cabinets as well as the HK Universal given to me. The dual bay Onkyo was from a small mini system (wife and I have the rest in our bedroom) I bought in 1993! So for less $2K I have put this nice little rig together:-)
post #1120 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

Man, some guys have all the luck:-0 Speaking of bargains I had these speaker cabinets as well as the HK Universal given to me. The dual bay Onkyo was from a small mini system (wife and I have the rest in our bedroom) I bought in 1993! So for less $2K I have put this nice little rig together:-)

 

yeah.....beat this. Don't want to type it out again lol.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners/6960#post_9345620

post #1121 of 1400
Nice, I did mention some guys have all the luck didn't I:-0 I got some nice Vintage for my boys when they get older, can't wait to have them light their dorm rooms up;-)
post #1122 of 1400
Thread Starter 
Is that a Jolida FX-10 I see there... biggrin.gif
post #1123 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

Man, some guys have all the luck:-0 Speaking of bargains I had these speaker cabinets as well as the HK Universal given to me. The dual bay Onkyo was from a small mini system (wife and I have the rest in our bedroom) I bought in 1993! So for less $2K I have put this nice little rig together:-)

Nice! ... Little Feat-Waiting for Columbus , one of my favorite LP. Ripped to my DAP now ... Remember my first Sony walkman - early 1980s -  then listened  it from Maxell  chrome casette. Good old days... :o

post #1124 of 1400

 

Got my Ultrasones.

 

They can play most music. The Thunder Cans come out for hip-hop but these cans sound pretty nice with everything else. R&B, Rock etc

 

(Came with short and long cable...I had that cable braiding video bookmarked so I'm glad I don't have to do that :)   )


Edited by Hawaiibadboy - 2/18/14 at 7:32am
post #1125 of 1400

Newly salvaged TF10 that had a stuck pin in it.  Went to town with my exacto knife lol.  

 

Big Sound in a small package

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)