- 1 Post. Joined 2/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- beats headphones under $400-$300 Last post on 2/26/13 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats are garbage Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Looks and Qualitypost #1 of 62/12/13 at 7:39pmThread StarterHi, Im looking for headphones that look good and at the same time sound good. My budget is $300 and im looking at the blue bose qc15 and beats executives. are there any headphones that look good, sound good, and are around 300 bucks. thanks
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 62/12/13 at 7:43pmpost #3 of 62/12/13 at 7:47pmThe QC15 Limited are very sharp looking indeed, so are the PRO900. As far as which you should select, it really depends on your preferences and tastes, and how much isolation you need or want. You might also look at the Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A, B&W P5, and Parrot Zik - they all look quite sharp, and sound good enough (I like the ESW9 best of the three, but that's personal preference in action; none are really "bad" headphones). The Beats are not eligible for this discussion imho.
Edited by obobskivich - 2/12/13 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 62/13/13 at 10:05am
Sennheiser Momentum (over budget)
Sony MDR-R1 (under budget)
Ultimate Ears UE6000 (under budget)
Agreed. I tried out the executives once... and never will again.
But I disagree on the B&W P5 - these are over-priced for the sound you get.post #5 of 62/13/13 at 11:17am
Not really. You can grab a pair from RazorDogDeals (authorized Sennheiser dealer) right now for $299.95 shipped. They have both black and brown in stock and are running a little promotion through the end of the month. Details on their website.
Edited by swmtnbiker - 2/13/13 at 11:19ampost #6 of 62/13/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
I don't really check all the American prices, as I live in Germany
- Looks and Quality
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Library / Office compatible isolating headphones 14 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HAS ANYONE COMPARED VINTAGE AKG K340, BEYER DT 990, SENNHEISER HD... 3 minutes ago
- › Ear-buds recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)