Hello. I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener. I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke. I am now in need of new headphones. I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter. I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range. I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented. I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00. Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it. Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
online search is looking like around 100 bucks. now i have some more to think about. I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out. I'm going in blind on this one.
Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.
If that's 110 SGD, that's roughly $88 USD.
canadian too? yeah ive noticed i am going to get bad deal no matter what
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 6 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560: AN IMPROVED HE-500? OR SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT? 10 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 11 minutes ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 12 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)