Hello. I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener. I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke. I am now in need of new headphones. I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter. I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range. I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented. I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00. Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it. Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
online search is looking like around 100 bucks. now i have some more to think about. I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out. I'm going in blind on this one.
Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.
If that's 110 SGD, that's roughly $88 USD.
canadian too? yeah ive noticed i am going to get bad deal no matter what
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 7 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M30x (Send me cash/trade offers!) 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2