Hello. I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener. I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke. I am now in need of new headphones. I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter. I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range. I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented. I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00. Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it. Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
online search is looking like around 100 bucks. now i have some more to think about. I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out. I'm going in blind on this one.
Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.
If that's 110 SGD, that's roughly $88 USD.
canadian too? yeah ive noticed i am going to get bad deal no matter what
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yulong D200 DSD DAC/Headphone amp. 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 4 minutes ago
- › maybe made a mistake selling my old speakers - now need... 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)