Hello. I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener. I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke. I am now in need of new headphones. I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter. I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range. I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented. I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00. Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it. Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 2/18/13
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
online search is looking like around 100 bucks. now i have some more to think about. I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out. I'm going in blind on this one.
Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.
If that's 110 SGD, that's roughly $88 USD.
canadian too? yeah ive noticed i am going to get bad deal no matter what
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 49 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › EX1 promotional offer for FiiO users--offer has ended. Thanks... 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2