Hello. I am an avid house, trance, and dnb listener. I owned a pair of sony MDR-V600's that i got many years ago as a gift but they broke. I am now in need of new headphones. I will mainly be using them at home and wont be using them on the go so size is no matter. I really am just looking for the best quality in the 100 dollar price range. I have been having a very hard time deciding of the Sony MDRXB500's are for me or if they will be to bassy since not all my must is bass oriented. I have thought about the sony MDRV6's, and looked into somee sheaper JCV's Im interested in all ideas but not will to go much higher then 120.00. Note i live in Canada and recently saw a pair of AGK-M50's for 120.00 online and have really been debating it. Keep in mind i a basshead i just want to make sure i buy good quality, thanks in advanced for any help i get.
- itemAudio Technica ATH M50 Studio Monitor Headphones
- itemCreative Aurvana Live Headphones
- itemKoss RUK 50P Full Sized Stereophone With Leatherette Cushions For Enhanced Sound Pink
- itemKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphones
- itemM Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed Back Dynamic Headphones
- itemSony MDR V600 Studio Monitor Series Headphones
- itemSony MDR V6 Monitor Series Headphones With CCAW Voice Coil
- itemSony MDR XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
- itemSwan M50W
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sub-$100 Headphone? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 11:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Related Head Gear
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
online search is looking like around 100 bucks. now i have some more to think about. I went to a few stores today and non of them had a place to try any headphones out. I'm going in blind on this one.
Anyways, the Koss Ruk50 are a nice, bassy headphone that aren't mud blasters or too terribly one-note, they should fit within your budget, and they're relatively comfortable. The R/80 are a bit more leveled out, and around the same price, and the DJ100 will offer less bass but more refinement and quality.
If that's 110 SGD, that's roughly $88 USD.
canadian too? yeah ive noticed i am going to get bad deal no matter what
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's..
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Please help a sick woman keep a roof over her head 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables... 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 3 minutes ago
- › What media player do you use ? 3 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 4 minutes ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe