Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › is apple lossless real lossless?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

is apple lossless real lossless? - Page 4

post #46 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnor View Post

It's nothing new that there are deluded people that don't accept facts and spread nonsense.

 

Lossless = lossless = lossless.

I agree with you..... and I am highly amused by the members here that swear that .wav sounds better than .flac or .alac. biggrin.gif

post #47 of 101
Some also believe that AIFF sounds better than WAV, and vice-versa… rolleyes.gif
post #48 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I agree with you..... and I am highly amused by the members here that swear that .wav sounds better than .flac or .alac. biggrin.gif

 

Some also claim that bit-perfect playback of the same WAV file sounds different in subtle ways (sound stage, bass extension, etc.) depending on the software used for playback, the latency/buffer size, and other factors. Have there been any claims made already regarding "burn-in" of software or sound files ? tongue_smile.gif

post #49 of 101
I've been tempted to create software that would add "air" to WAV files and prevent "bit rot". I couldn't bring myself to go through with it though.
post #50 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

I've been tempted to create software that would add "air" to WAV files and prevent "bit rot". I couldn't bring myself to go through with it though.

Price it right and you could retire early! smile_phones.gif

 

This thread amuses me too....http://www.head-fi.org/t/634453/jie-extreme-player-2-4-8-released


Edited by Achmedisdead - 2/13/13 at 12:30pm
post #51 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv014 View Post

 

Some also claim that bit-perfect playback of the same WAV file sounds different in subtle ways (sound stage, bass extension, etc.) depending on the software used for playback, the latency/buffer size, and other factors. Have there been any claims made already regarding "burn-in" of software or sound files ? tongue_smile.gif

 

I used to think that... i dont know why when i asked Intel they thought i was being stupid :(


c'mon i burned in my music when i down loaded or copied it to the hard disk since its electromagnetic...

but windows didnt like my idea of multiple burn-ins.

 

there there music come on its a new home it has to improve your sonic traits!

post #52 of 101

post #53 of 101

 

My last word about Samsung in this thread. Just showing I put my money where my mouth is. This new today.

post #54 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I agree with you..... and I am highly amused by the members here that swear that .wav sounds better than .flac or .alac. biggrin.gif

One easy way is to give them a double blind test biggrin.gif
post #55 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

This thread amuses me too....http://www.head-fi.org/t/634453/jie-extreme-player-2-4-8-released

THIS IS GOLD! Really, everyone should read it. My favorite part so far:
Quote:
Fresh out the box, version 2.4.6SP is, again, even better than 2.4.5SP and 2.4.4. It has gotten to the point where the sound seems so natural and holographic that it's almost challenging to listen to some songs you're used to. Challenging, as in, it doesn't sound like a song with instruments and air all over the place -all the stuff you're used to looking for to determine the sound quality of a set-up- but just music flowing through your headphones. This might take some getting used to, in an odd way. Fascinating, really...
post #56 of 101

We  should start a dedicated thread to highlight the funniest posts from the rest of HeadFi.

post #57 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogodoy View Post


THIS IS GOLD! Really, everyone should read it. My favorite part so far:

What kills me is that it requires your computer to have 8GB or more of RAM.....like decoding WAV is so difficult.rolleyes.gif

post #58 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post

We  should start a dedicated thread to highlight the funniest posts from the rest of HeadFi.

Agreed, and the only problem is...I never even got past the first page! I'm not sure if I'm laughing or crying, but there were 8gb of bit-perfect tears involved.
post #59 of 101
BTW, does anyone know if this player performs some clever DSP or is just a pure fake?

I'd try it myself for fun but I don't have Windows 7.
post #60 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

What kills me is that it requires your computer to have 8GB or more of RAM.....like decoding WAV is so difficult.rolleyes.gif

I think the idea is that it's for loading entire songs onto RAM before playing since RAM is obviously a ton faster than an HDD or even SSD.

 

Why you would want to do that, I don't know. Even if that did have some kind of benefit, I have no idea why you would need to load 8 gigs of songs into RAM.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › is apple lossless real lossless?