Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) - Page 23

post #331 of 524

I wear glasses with mine, and I do find they are uncomfortable after 15 min or more. I end up putting the phones on first, then laying the glasses on top the pads rather than my ears. This works for casual vision, but if I needed to read a lot of text on a PC its rather difficult with the angle of the lens.

 

Mostly Ill just take my glasses off and hope I dont need to read anything.

post #332 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

I wear glasses too, and since this headphone is an "ON-EAR", it will give you high pressure/clamping force.
If you buy I suggest Audeze LCD2 vegan pads or Shure pads.

I had Maddog pads installed and the sound quality is horrible, seriously horrible.

You should also consider HD650 at this price point because A900x with some high-end aftermarket pads are close to $300-$350 range in total,, might just buy HD650.

I need closed headphones and I don't want Sennheisers wink.gif
Also, I have the HM5 pads which are fabulous so I swap these in.
Thanks though biggrin.gif
post #333 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

As I promised, here you can see that inner ear pad cutouts are very tiny, the quarter that you see is the US quarter. It's about 5 centimeter in diameter or 1.96 inches.

 

Cheers,

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

 

I wear glasses too, and since this headphone is an "ON-EAR", it will give you high pressure/clamping force.

If you buy I suggest Audeze LCD2 vegan pads or Shure pads.

 

They're on-ear only if you have bigger ears. I actually just measured my HP100 earpad diameter and they measure in at 5.5 cm, only .5 cm larger the the a900x pads. They go around my ears just fine. My ears are about averaged size... i think. I don't have long ear lobes so that might also help. 

 

lol i just had to, you seem pretty bitter about the earpad size. Maybe the extra .5 cm does it's job.

post #334 of 524

I swapped these headphones back to the stock pads from the alpha pads. I realized how FLAT these earpads are, they just feel so weird from having the thin q701 and alpha pads. It feels more comfortable though, I just wish they gripped better like actual leather.

post #335 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

I swapped these headphones back to the stock pads from the alpha pads. I realized how FLAT these earpads are, they just feel so weird from having the thin q701 and alpha pads. It feels more comfortable though, I just wish they gripped better like actual leather.

Mine headphones have shipped.

I am definitely gonna try a bunch of different earpads as on-ear is simply not what I want....

Among them the aforementioned HM5 pads [fav. 1] and Hifiman velours/pleathers [fav 2/3] maybe even Beyers if I manage to get them on [fav.4]

Funny times ahead :]

post #336 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post
 

 

 

 

They're on-ear only if you have bigger ears. I actually just measured my HP100 earpad diameter and they measure in at 5.5 cm, only .5 cm larger the the a900x pads. They go around my ears just fine. My ears are about averaged size... i think. I don't have long ear lobes so that might also help. 

 

lol i just had to, you seem pretty bitter about the earpad size. Maybe the extra .5 cm does it's job.

 

Maybe, lol. I think I have a small ear, not that I look other guy's ear to compare the size lol. My two nephews are in teen and barely fits on them so I don't think I am being picky here.

 

I also compared against HD800, D7000, HE6, TH900, LCD2, etc, including T1, ultrasone that I had previously and A900x is far from an OVER-EAR headphone.

But just me based on the other highend "OVER EAR" headphones. :)

 

Honestly I rather be in your shoes :)

post #337 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 

 

Maybe, lol. I think I have a small ear, not that I look other guy's ear to compare the size lol. My two nephews are in teen and barely fits on them so I don't think I am being picky here.

 

I also compared against HD800, D7000, HE6, TH900, LCD2, etc, including T1, ultrasone that I had previously and A900x is far from an OVER-EAR headphone.

But just me based on the other highend "OVER EAR" headphones. :)

 

Honestly I rather be in your shoes :)

 

Well almost everybody complains about the sennheiser momentums over-ear actually being on-ear.. the momentums "over-ear" measurements come in at 5.2cm for the height and 3.4cm for the width. 

 

..maybe i do have small ears... LUCKY ME, SUCKS TO BE YOU GUYS!!!! hahahah :tongue: But then maybe i don't have as good of hearing as people with bigger ears.... >_> crap

post #338 of 524
Anyone find a good velour replacement ear pads?

I'm thinking about trying the Hifiman from headphone.com. Only $10.
post #339 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

Anyone find a good velour replacement ear pads?

I'm thinking about trying the Hifiman from headphone.com. Only $10.

I have these.
I'll try them once I get the headphones.
That is this week.
post #340 of 524
Awesome man, can't wait to hear ur results.
post #341 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


I have these.
I'll try them once I get the headphones.
That is this week.


Have you had a chance to try the Hifiman's Velour ear pads?

post #342 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 


Have you had a chance to try the Hifiman's Velour ear pads?

Yep, sent you a PM, actually.

I really like them, they are staying on :]

 

 

 

 

post #343 of 524

I love velour pads, i wonder if they would fit my hp100's? hmmmmmmm

 

They probably effect the sound quality somewhat though eh?

post #344 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Yep, sent you a PM, actually.

I really like them, they are staying on :]

Oops, you did PM me, guess I was not paying attention.

post #345 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post

I love velour pads, i wonder if they would fit my hp100's? hmmmmmmm

They probably effect the sound quality somewhat though eh?
Slightly tighter bass, a bit clearer midrange/highs... That's about it xD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :)