- 8,429 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone signature pro vs fostex th600 vs audeze LCD2 rev2 vs senheiser hd800 vs beyerdynamicI... Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 58post #856 of 9902/25/14 at 3:57pmAgreed! Love my HD800/X-Sabre combo.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #857 of 9902/25/14 at 6:51pmpost #858 of 9902/25/14 at 6:53pmpost #859 of 9902/25/14 at 7:21pm
My wallet thanks you for your support!!!
Seriously though, you're right. That's why I'm trying not to be tempted, but I think an HD800 is an inevitable part of my future...post #860 of 9902/25/14 at 7:31pmpost #861 of 9902/25/14 at 9:19pmQuote:
You guys just don't quit!!!
I haven't any spare cash at the moment after buying some secondhand HE-500s so thankfully my wallet is safe for a while at least...post #862 of 9902/27/14 at 6:37pmQuote:
It is an inevitable part of everyone's future.
I went to a Hi-Fi meet recently and I thought I would see a few HD800's but considering the price, not too many. Boy was I wrong, everybody, their brother and their dog had a pair hanging around their neck. I tried to hide my HD650's so I wouldn't look so out of place.post #863 of 9902/27/14 at 6:42pmpost #864 of 9902/27/14 at 6:42pmpost #865 of 9903/19/14 at 11:22ampost #866 of 9903/19/14 at 11:42amIt doesn't get warm at all. It actually stays quite cold due to all the aluminum. It could be used as a monitor stand I suppose, but I don't think it is completely flat on top and you would need something to protect the surface.post #867 of 9903/19/14 at 12:42pmpost #868 of 9903/20/14 at 4:02am
Will be ordering one on Saturday :3 can't wait to use it !!! XD
will be using it with Pico Power amp for my CIEM, wanted to ask about HQ RCA to 3.55mm cable? cause i am using a LQ one i guess, like 5GBP from Amazon, i guess there is better options right? any suggestions please?post #869 of 9903/22/14 at 4:46am
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › How does pre-amp work? 20 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 Review (Triple Balanced Armature) 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 4 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)