Just received my X-Sabre. Holy crap this thing is heavy. Built like a complete tank. It didn't come with a power cord though, no wires at all. Just the unit, a flash drive, and a user manual. Really no power cord???
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 28post #406 of 11904/2/13 at 3:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 11904/2/13 at 4:09pmpost #408 of 11904/2/13 at 4:33pm
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.post #409 of 11904/2/13 at 4:44pmpost #410 of 11904/2/13 at 4:52pmpost #411 of 11904/2/13 at 6:28pmQuote:I just use stuff that is included with other gear. I was into computers pretty heavily for a while so I have lots of cables from power supplies, etc.Originally Posted by jronan2
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.
I will be doing a full recable for my final rig once I do some measurements and will include power in that. I will be using Signal Cable which looks great, is built well, and very affordable. Should be able to fully cable my headphone and speaker rig for around $500-600. Only thing they don't do is digital cable like USB or HDMI.post #412 of 11904/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #413 of 11904/2/13 at 7:36pmpost #414 of 11904/2/13 at 7:57pmpost #415 of 11904/3/13 at 5:45pmThread Starter
jronan2 - that's a great looking setup! Love that stand, it looks custom made for the X-Sabre (or any DAC of that size I guess).
Switching gears, I took my X-Sabre apart last night. Kind of a hassle but not too bad overall. All I can say for now is that parts and design all seem well done. Definitely competitive in this price range. I'm trying to get the full review done but keep running into delays. Maybe next week?post #416 of 11904/3/13 at 7:12pmpost #417 of 11904/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by jronan2
Some pics of the new bedside rig. V200 and X-Sabre go very well with each other.
Very nice bedside setup you have going there.
Also notice you have the same IKEA bedside lamp I have downstairs.
I love signing for the delivery of my newest significant music purchase. How'd you enjoy the moment?
I'm sure the extra heft (and, therefore, implied build quality) must have made it a pleasure.post #418 of 11904/4/13 at 5:44am
Unfortunately i am never home to receive my audio equipment, I'm usually stuck in an attic somewhere. The hardest part is to find someone to sign for the package. But its a great feeling getting home and having a new toy to play with. Build quality is probably the best Ive seen thus far, above Schiit's stardards, which are very well built. Only had about 4 or 5 hours listening, Arthur told me to give it at least 50 hours break in to really formulate an opinion.post #419 of 11904/4/13 at 8:09amQuote:
How does it perform compared to V800 or Anedio D2? We are very much anticipating your full review with such a comparison.
Edited by igormsk - 4/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #420 of 11904/4/13 at 11:46pm
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 seconds ago
- › Your Suggestion or Design might be used on FiiO Players!!! 23 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 44 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › Beyer T1.2 or HD800S? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 3 minutes ago
- › He-400 bass? 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse