Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ultrasone signature pro vs fostex th600 vs audeze LCD2 rev2 vs senheiser hd800 vs beyerdynamicI... Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 28post #406 of 9903/30/13 at 11:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 9904/2/13 at 3:55pm
Just received my X-Sabre. Holy crap this thing is heavy. Built like a complete tank. It didn't come with a power cord though, no wires at all. Just the unit, a flash drive, and a user manual. Really no power cord???post #408 of 9904/2/13 at 4:09pmpost #409 of 9904/2/13 at 4:33pm
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.post #410 of 9904/2/13 at 4:44pmpost #411 of 9904/2/13 at 4:52pmpost #412 of 9904/2/13 at 6:28pmQuote:I just use stuff that is included with other gear. I was into computers pretty heavily for a while so I have lots of cables from power supplies, etc.Originally Posted by jronan2
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.
I will be doing a full recable for my final rig once I do some measurements and will include power in that. I will be using Signal Cable which looks great, is built well, and very affordable. Should be able to fully cable my headphone and speaker rig for around $500-600. Only thing they don't do is digital cable like USB or HDMI.post #413 of 9904/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #414 of 9904/2/13 at 7:36pmpost #415 of 9904/2/13 at 7:57pmpost #416 of 9904/3/13 at 5:45pmThread Starter
jronan2 - that's a great looking setup! Love that stand, it looks custom made for the X-Sabre (or any DAC of that size I guess).
Switching gears, I took my X-Sabre apart last night. Kind of a hassle but not too bad overall. All I can say for now is that parts and design all seem well done. Definitely competitive in this price range. I'm trying to get the full review done but keep running into delays. Maybe next week?post #417 of 9904/3/13 at 7:12pmpost #418 of 9904/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by jronan2
Some pics of the new bedside rig. V200 and X-Sabre go very well with each other.
Very nice bedside setup you have going there.
Also notice you have the same IKEA bedside lamp I have downstairs.
I love signing for the delivery of my newest significant music purchase. How'd you enjoy the moment?
I'm sure the extra heft (and, therefore, implied build quality) must have made it a pleasure.post #419 of 9904/4/13 at 5:44am
Unfortunately i am never home to receive my audio equipment, I'm usually stuck in an attic somewhere. The hardest part is to find someone to sign for the package. But its a great feeling getting home and having a new toy to play with. Build quality is probably the best Ive seen thus far, above Schiit's stardards, which are very well built. Only had about 4 or 5 hours listening, Arthur told me to give it at least 50 hours break in to really formulate an opinion.post #420 of 9904/4/13 at 8:09amQuote:
How does it perform compared to V800 or Anedio D2? We are very much anticipating your full review with such a comparison.
Edited by igormsk - 4/4/13 at 12:31pm
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 19 seconds ago
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 25 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones under $50 for Fiio X3 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)