Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/1/14
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 28post #406 of 11093/30/13 at 11:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 11094/2/13 at 3:55pm
Just received my X-Sabre. Holy crap this thing is heavy. Built like a complete tank. It didn't come with a power cord though, no wires at all. Just the unit, a flash drive, and a user manual. Really no power cord???post #408 of 11094/2/13 at 4:09pmpost #409 of 11094/2/13 at 4:33pm
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.post #410 of 11094/2/13 at 4:44pmpost #411 of 11094/2/13 at 4:52pmpost #412 of 11094/2/13 at 6:28pmQuote:I just use stuff that is included with other gear. I was into computers pretty heavily for a while so I have lots of cables from power supplies, etc.Originally Posted by jronan2
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.
I will be doing a full recable for my final rig once I do some measurements and will include power in that. I will be using Signal Cable which looks great, is built well, and very affordable. Should be able to fully cable my headphone and speaker rig for around $500-600. Only thing they don't do is digital cable like USB or HDMI.post #413 of 11094/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #414 of 11094/2/13 at 7:36pmpost #415 of 11094/2/13 at 7:57pmpost #416 of 11094/3/13 at 5:45pmThread Starter
jronan2 - that's a great looking setup! Love that stand, it looks custom made for the X-Sabre (or any DAC of that size I guess).
Switching gears, I took my X-Sabre apart last night. Kind of a hassle but not too bad overall. All I can say for now is that parts and design all seem well done. Definitely competitive in this price range. I'm trying to get the full review done but keep running into delays. Maybe next week?post #417 of 11094/3/13 at 7:12pmpost #418 of 11094/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by jronan2
Some pics of the new bedside rig. V200 and X-Sabre go very well with each other.
Very nice bedside setup you have going there.
Also notice you have the same IKEA bedside lamp I have downstairs.
I love signing for the delivery of my newest significant music purchase. How'd you enjoy the moment?
I'm sure the extra heft (and, therefore, implied build quality) must have made it a pleasure.post #419 of 11094/4/13 at 5:44am
Unfortunately i am never home to receive my audio equipment, I'm usually stuck in an attic somewhere. The hardest part is to find someone to sign for the package. But its a great feeling getting home and having a new toy to play with. Build quality is probably the best Ive seen thus far, above Schiit's stardards, which are very well built. Only had about 4 or 5 hours listening, Arthur told me to give it at least 50 hours break in to really formulate an opinion.post #420 of 11094/4/13 at 8:09amQuote:
How does it perform compared to V800 or Anedio D2? We are very much anticipating your full review with such a comparison.
Edited by igormsk - 4/4/13 at 12:31pm
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 23 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 5 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2