Just received my X-Sabre. Holy crap this thing is heavy. Built like a complete tank. It didn't come with a power cord though, no wires at all. Just the unit, a flash drive, and a user manual. Really no power cord???
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 28post #406 of 12074/2/13 at 3:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 12074/2/13 at 4:09pmpost #408 of 12074/2/13 at 4:33pm
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.post #409 of 12074/2/13 at 4:44pmpost #410 of 12074/2/13 at 4:52pmpost #411 of 12074/2/13 at 6:28pmQuote:I just use stuff that is included with other gear. I was into computers pretty heavily for a while so I have lots of cables from power supplies, etc.Originally Posted by jronan2
Do you use aftermarket power cords? Am I crazy for using crappy power cords for my equipment? Not trying to start a huge debate just want a quick response. Unit sounds pretty decent out of the box. I will snap a picture later on. This is one sexy looking dac, the fit and finish of this thing is excellent.
I will be doing a full recable for my final rig once I do some measurements and will include power in that. I will be using Signal Cable which looks great, is built well, and very affordable. Should be able to fully cable my headphone and speaker rig for around $500-600. Only thing they don't do is digital cable like USB or HDMI.post #412 of 12074/2/13 at 6:48pmpost #413 of 12074/2/13 at 7:36pmpost #414 of 12074/2/13 at 7:57pmpost #415 of 12074/3/13 at 5:45pmThread Starter
jronan2 - that's a great looking setup! Love that stand, it looks custom made for the X-Sabre (or any DAC of that size I guess).
Switching gears, I took my X-Sabre apart last night. Kind of a hassle but not too bad overall. All I can say for now is that parts and design all seem well done. Definitely competitive in this price range. I'm trying to get the full review done but keep running into delays. Maybe next week?post #416 of 12074/3/13 at 7:12pmpost #417 of 12074/3/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by jronan2
Some pics of the new bedside rig. V200 and X-Sabre go very well with each other.
Very nice bedside setup you have going there.
Also notice you have the same IKEA bedside lamp I have downstairs.
I love signing for the delivery of my newest significant music purchase. How'd you enjoy the moment?
I'm sure the extra heft (and, therefore, implied build quality) must have made it a pleasure.post #418 of 12074/4/13 at 5:44am
Unfortunately i am never home to receive my audio equipment, I'm usually stuck in an attic somewhere. The hardest part is to find someone to sign for the package. But its a great feeling getting home and having a new toy to play with. Build quality is probably the best Ive seen thus far, above Schiit's stardards, which are very well built. Only had about 4 or 5 hours listening, Arthur told me to give it at least 50 hours break in to really formulate an opinion.post #419 of 12074/4/13 at 8:09amQuote:
How does it perform compared to V800 or Anedio D2? We are very much anticipating your full review with such a comparison.
Edited by igormsk - 4/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #420 of 12074/4/13 at 11:46pm
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 14 seconds ago
- › Help Choose a Portable Amp. 20 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › New DAPs from HIFIMAN: HM802s and SuperMini [updated 2015-12-12] 55 seconds ago
- › Fostex T20RP Mark 3 57 seconds ago
- › Hifiman SuperMini -- A New DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 3 minutes ago
- › A&K AK70 or FIIO X7 or..... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP M1 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...