There was someone else in that thread who also used firewire via mac. It's likely that this method may have resulted in less treble issues compared to USB2.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/1/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 26post #376 of 11093/27/13 at 8:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 11093/28/13 at 4:26ampost #378 of 11093/28/13 at 7:21amThread Starter
So I just received word - X-Sabre should be shipping as of tomorrow. The Matrix USA website is now taking actual orders instead of pre-orders. Remember - order from there and it ships from China directly from the manufacturer. But any issues or support comes from the local distributor based in New Jersey.post #379 of 11093/28/13 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
X-Sabre vs Gungnir
No contest. X-Sabre takes resolution to the next level. Smoother, more open, more detailed, more air, even better bass control and texture. No downside in upgrading from the Gungnir, except the price of course.
X-Sabre vs Concero
Sound is very similar. Detail and air goes to X-Sabre barely. Attack perhaps slightly better. There are several areas where the X-Sabre has a very small advantage, and the Concero at best equals the X-Sabre, so no advantage areas, except price. Largely the decision on these units comes down to features. DSD/DXD + Balanced and slight sound gains vs $500.
X-Sabre vs DA11
Smoother and clearer than the DA11. DA11 is voiced a little different. I would say the DA11 is better than the Gungnir, but I did not compare them directly. I preferred the X-Sabre to the DA11, but not by as much as over the Gungnir.
X-Sabre vs PWD2
Did not care for the PWD2. Treble tended to be harsh and felt much less open. Lacks impact and attack. I think I would even prefer the Gungnir over the PWD2 but again did not compare directly.
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,post #380 of 11093/28/13 at 10:02ampost #381 of 11093/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mav52
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,
It comes down to how much DSD/DXD content you actually have, or whether you are willing to purchase audiophile music in speshalitistic formats for the express purpose of listening to gear.
Edited by purrin - 3/28/13 at 10:10ampost #382 of 11093/28/13 at 10:09ampost #383 of 11093/28/13 at 10:10ampost #384 of 11093/28/13 at 10:12ampost #385 of 11093/28/13 at 6:18pmpost #386 of 11093/29/13 at 12:16ampost #387 of 11093/29/13 at 9:13ampost #388 of 11093/29/13 at 9:22amQuote:Don't you have customs charges receiving goods directly from China?Europeans must add VAT and duty (25-30%).post #389 of 11093/29/13 at 9:54ampost #390 of 11093/29/13 at 9:56am
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Back-Electret/STAX 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2) 39 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3