Where I read these sentences?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 26post #376 of 11963/28/13 at 4:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 11963/28/13 at 7:21amThread Starter
So I just received word - X-Sabre should be shipping as of tomorrow. The Matrix USA website is now taking actual orders instead of pre-orders. Remember - order from there and it ships from China directly from the manufacturer. But any issues or support comes from the local distributor based in New Jersey.post #378 of 11963/28/13 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
X-Sabre vs Gungnir
No contest. X-Sabre takes resolution to the next level. Smoother, more open, more detailed, more air, even better bass control and texture. No downside in upgrading from the Gungnir, except the price of course.
X-Sabre vs Concero
Sound is very similar. Detail and air goes to X-Sabre barely. Attack perhaps slightly better. There are several areas where the X-Sabre has a very small advantage, and the Concero at best equals the X-Sabre, so no advantage areas, except price. Largely the decision on these units comes down to features. DSD/DXD + Balanced and slight sound gains vs $500.
X-Sabre vs DA11
Smoother and clearer than the DA11. DA11 is voiced a little different. I would say the DA11 is better than the Gungnir, but I did not compare them directly. I preferred the X-Sabre to the DA11, but not by as much as over the Gungnir.
X-Sabre vs PWD2
Did not care for the PWD2. Treble tended to be harsh and felt much less open. Lacks impact and attack. I think I would even prefer the Gungnir over the PWD2 but again did not compare directly.
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,post #379 of 11963/28/13 at 10:02ampost #380 of 11963/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mav52
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,
It comes down to how much DSD/DXD content you actually have, or whether you are willing to purchase audiophile music in speshalitistic formats for the express purpose of listening to gear.
Edited by purrin - 3/28/13 at 10:10ampost #381 of 11963/28/13 at 10:09ampost #382 of 11963/28/13 at 10:10ampost #383 of 11963/28/13 at 10:12ampost #384 of 11963/28/13 at 6:18pmpost #385 of 11963/29/13 at 12:16ampost #386 of 11963/29/13 at 9:13ampost #387 of 11963/29/13 at 9:22amQuote:Don't you have customs charges receiving goods directly from China?Europeans must add VAT and duty (25-30%).post #388 of 11963/29/13 at 9:54ampost #389 of 11963/29/13 at 9:56ampost #390 of 11963/29/13 at 3:35pm
Could you tell us what type of output I/V stage x-sabre use?
From your pictures is impossible to understand.
I think an opamp based one, but... who knows?
How do you put x-sabre vs parasound zdac?
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 52 seconds ago
- › need help deciding which headphone to buy please :D 1 minute ago
- › UM Merlin Ciem 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 AMP 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Linum Bax 2 pin cable - new 7 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...