There was someone else in that thread who also used firewire via mac. It's likely that this method may have resulted in less treble issues compared to USB2.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 26post #376 of 11213/27/13 at 8:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 11213/28/13 at 4:26ampost #378 of 11213/28/13 at 7:21amThread Starter
So I just received word - X-Sabre should be shipping as of tomorrow. The Matrix USA website is now taking actual orders instead of pre-orders. Remember - order from there and it ships from China directly from the manufacturer. But any issues or support comes from the local distributor based in New Jersey.post #379 of 11213/28/13 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
X-Sabre vs Gungnir
No contest. X-Sabre takes resolution to the next level. Smoother, more open, more detailed, more air, even better bass control and texture. No downside in upgrading from the Gungnir, except the price of course.
X-Sabre vs Concero
Sound is very similar. Detail and air goes to X-Sabre barely. Attack perhaps slightly better. There are several areas where the X-Sabre has a very small advantage, and the Concero at best equals the X-Sabre, so no advantage areas, except price. Largely the decision on these units comes down to features. DSD/DXD + Balanced and slight sound gains vs $500.
X-Sabre vs DA11
Smoother and clearer than the DA11. DA11 is voiced a little different. I would say the DA11 is better than the Gungnir, but I did not compare them directly. I preferred the X-Sabre to the DA11, but not by as much as over the Gungnir.
X-Sabre vs PWD2
Did not care for the PWD2. Treble tended to be harsh and felt much less open. Lacks impact and attack. I think I would even prefer the Gungnir over the PWD2 but again did not compare directly.
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,post #380 of 11213/28/13 at 10:02ampost #381 of 11213/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mav52
This could get interesting with the New Concero DSD Dac set to release mid April... ""We previewed the CONCERO DSD at the SSI show in Montreal. Units will start shipping at the end of April. Price of the unit will be $799. We will start taking orders in mid April.Mark MOn 3/27/2013 9:09 AM,
It comes down to how much DSD/DXD content you actually have, or whether you are willing to purchase audiophile music in speshalitistic formats for the express purpose of listening to gear.
Edited by purrin - 3/28/13 at 10:10ampost #382 of 11213/28/13 at 10:09ampost #383 of 11213/28/13 at 10:10ampost #384 of 11213/28/13 at 10:12ampost #385 of 11213/28/13 at 6:18pmpost #386 of 11213/29/13 at 12:16ampost #387 of 11213/29/13 at 9:13ampost #388 of 11213/29/13 at 9:22amQuote:Don't you have customs charges receiving goods directly from China?Europeans must add VAT and duty (25-30%).post #389 of 11213/29/13 at 9:54ampost #390 of 11213/29/13 at 9:56am
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Need help finding a headphone extension cable please 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 54 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2