- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 23post #331 of 11873/16/13 at 5:43pmDo what? The only review posted is the one on the Parasound ZDAC which has nothing to do with this thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 11873/16/13 at 5:46pmpost #333 of 11873/16/13 at 6:05pmpost #334 of 11873/16/13 at 6:11pmpost #335 of 11873/16/13 at 9:25pmpost #336 of 11873/17/13 at 7:27ampost #337 of 11873/17/13 at 11:30ampost #338 of 11873/17/13 at 11:39ampost #339 of 11873/17/13 at 12:07pmpost #340 of 11873/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Sometimes. But that's happened before with the Audio GD Reference 7 and other units packing 8 PCM1704 chips, which I liked a lot but was ultimately not my favorite.post #341 of 11873/17/13 at 9:23pmpost #342 of 11873/18/13 at 7:06amThread StarterQuote:
I've got quit a bit of more expensive gear in my rack at the moment. Yet the X-Sabre really doesn't take a back seat to any of it.
Some people would be happy to have their DAC built into a cardboard box as long as the SQ is there. For others, appearance and "feel" is an important factor. Each person has to decide where they stand on that.post #343 of 11873/18/13 at 10:11am
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive then in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..but with a headphone cable long enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound ofcourse
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/18/13 at 10:14ampost #344 of 11873/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in! )Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..bit with a headphone cable lonh enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 32 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 51 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for bass-heavy over ears with very large cups (upgrading... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse