- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 23post #331 of 12173/16/13 at 5:43pmDo what? The only review posted is the one on the Parasound ZDAC which has nothing to do with this thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 12173/16/13 at 5:46pmpost #333 of 12173/16/13 at 6:05pmpost #334 of 12173/16/13 at 6:11pmpost #335 of 12173/16/13 at 9:25pmpost #336 of 12173/17/13 at 7:27ampost #337 of 12173/17/13 at 11:30ampost #338 of 12173/17/13 at 11:39ampost #339 of 12173/17/13 at 12:07pmpost #340 of 12173/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Sometimes. But that's happened before with the Audio GD Reference 7 and other units packing 8 PCM1704 chips, which I liked a lot but was ultimately not my favorite.post #341 of 12173/17/13 at 9:23pmpost #342 of 12173/18/13 at 7:06amThread StarterQuote:
I've got quit a bit of more expensive gear in my rack at the moment. Yet the X-Sabre really doesn't take a back seat to any of it.
Some people would be happy to have their DAC built into a cardboard box as long as the SQ is there. For others, appearance and "feel" is an important factor. Each person has to decide where they stand on that.post #343 of 12173/18/13 at 10:11am
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive then in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..but with a headphone cable long enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound ofcourse
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/18/13 at 10:14ampost #344 of 12173/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in! )Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..bit with a headphone cable lonh enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › I tried several headphones .. A bit discouraged, I am looking very... 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › HD-Bluetooth TESLA Headphones from AK-Beyerdynamic (24-bit aptX-HD)... 4 minutes ago
- › What the the best versatile, 'all-rounder' headphone that you own? 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...