- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 23post #331 of 11963/16/13 at 5:43pmDo what? The only review posted is the one on the Parasound ZDAC which has nothing to do with this thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 11963/16/13 at 5:46pmpost #333 of 11963/16/13 at 6:05pmpost #334 of 11963/16/13 at 6:11pmpost #335 of 11963/16/13 at 9:25pmpost #336 of 11963/17/13 at 7:27ampost #337 of 11963/17/13 at 11:30ampost #338 of 11963/17/13 at 11:39ampost #339 of 11963/17/13 at 12:07pmpost #340 of 11963/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Sometimes. But that's happened before with the Audio GD Reference 7 and other units packing 8 PCM1704 chips, which I liked a lot but was ultimately not my favorite.post #341 of 11963/17/13 at 9:23pmpost #342 of 11963/18/13 at 7:06amThread StarterQuote:
I've got quit a bit of more expensive gear in my rack at the moment. Yet the X-Sabre really doesn't take a back seat to any of it.
Some people would be happy to have their DAC built into a cardboard box as long as the SQ is there. For others, appearance and "feel" is an important factor. Each person has to decide where they stand on that.post #343 of 11963/18/13 at 10:11am
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive then in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..but with a headphone cable long enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound ofcourse
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/18/13 at 10:14ampost #344 of 11963/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in! )Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..bit with a headphone cable lonh enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 23 seconds ago
- › Future Sonic Atrio M5 30 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 54 seconds ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › Audiophonics PCM5102 battery-powered 32-bit, 384kHz DAC with XMOS... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP... 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...