- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 23post #331 of 12283/16/13 at 5:43pmDo what? The only review posted is the one on the Parasound ZDAC which has nothing to do with this thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 12283/16/13 at 5:46pmpost #333 of 12283/16/13 at 6:05pmpost #334 of 12283/16/13 at 6:11pmpost #335 of 12283/16/13 at 9:25pmpost #336 of 12283/17/13 at 7:27ampost #337 of 12283/17/13 at 11:30ampost #338 of 12283/17/13 at 11:39ampost #339 of 12283/17/13 at 12:07pmpost #340 of 12283/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Sometimes. But that's happened before with the Audio GD Reference 7 and other units packing 8 PCM1704 chips, which I liked a lot but was ultimately not my favorite.post #341 of 12283/17/13 at 9:23pmpost #342 of 12283/18/13 at 7:06amThread StarterQuote:
I've got quit a bit of more expensive gear in my rack at the moment. Yet the X-Sabre really doesn't take a back seat to any of it.
Some people would be happy to have their DAC built into a cardboard box as long as the SQ is there. For others, appearance and "feel" is an important factor. Each person has to decide where they stand on that.post #343 of 12283/18/13 at 10:11am
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive then in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..but with a headphone cable long enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound ofcourse
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/18/13 at 10:14ampost #344 of 12283/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in! )Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..bit with a headphone cable lonh enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 10 seconds ago
- › HD650 to LCD-2 - Was it worth it? 55 seconds ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 3 minutes ago
- › Black Friday Sale -2016 - The List 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...