- 8,662 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product1964 Ears V3 Triple Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAnalog Design Labs Svetlana 2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAudience AURIC OHNO Sennheiser Cabletagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productAuraliti PK90 USBtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productCable Pro Reverie Mini-to-Mini 1fttagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productFirestone Audio - Bobby - Pure-Class-A, Fully Balanced Headphone Amplifiertagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productIcon Audio HP8 MKIItagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productSensaphonics 3MAXtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productStax SRA-12Stagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productViolectric HPA V200tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productYulong Sabre D18tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Effect Audio Thor cables for IEMs and full sized headphones (in both Silver and SPC form) Last post on 8/25/13 at 10:12pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I Upgrade? Last post on 3/7/14 at 9:59am in Dedicated Source Components
- Audition Beyer T1 and/or HD800 in the Triangle area, NC Last post on 11/21/13 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic - Your top picks for each Last post on 8/23/13 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread - Page 23post #331 of 11943/16/13 at 5:43pmDo what? The only review posted is the one on the Parasound ZDAC which has nothing to do with this thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #332 of 11943/16/13 at 5:46pmpost #333 of 11943/16/13 at 6:05pmpost #334 of 11943/16/13 at 6:11pmpost #335 of 11943/16/13 at 9:25pmpost #336 of 11943/17/13 at 7:27ampost #337 of 11943/17/13 at 11:30ampost #338 of 11943/17/13 at 11:39ampost #339 of 11943/17/13 at 12:07pmpost #340 of 11943/17/13 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Sometimes. But that's happened before with the Audio GD Reference 7 and other units packing 8 PCM1704 chips, which I liked a lot but was ultimately not my favorite.post #341 of 11943/17/13 at 9:23pmpost #342 of 11943/18/13 at 7:06amThread StarterQuote:
I've got quit a bit of more expensive gear in my rack at the moment. Yet the X-Sabre really doesn't take a back seat to any of it.
Some people would be happy to have their DAC built into a cardboard box as long as the SQ is there. For others, appearance and "feel" is an important factor. Each person has to decide where they stand on that.post #343 of 11943/18/13 at 10:11am
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive then in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..but with a headphone cable long enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound ofcourse
Edited by hifimanrookie - 3/18/13 at 10:14ampost #344 of 11943/18/13 at 10:13amQuote:You called? (Yes, this is mine, it didn't come with a case, so I used the box it came in! )Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
I agree..they x sabre looks fabulous..in any way its much more beautiful then the bc509 of blue circle i am probably getting..but for me whats inside that counts..i would prefer an extreme amp/dac in a shoebox if that same amp would be 1000 usd less expensive in a regular shiny enclosure..in worst case scenario i would hide it under my computer desk...if it would be ultimate ugly..bit with a headphone cable lonh enoght for me to be in heaven because of the sound
- Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 17 seconds ago
- › On-ear headphones around $200 39 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - VOTE BY 6/24 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! DQSM D2 first look by Peter123. PG 2128. 6 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 7 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 12 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...