I want to talk about beats,why i shouldn't choose them...I m listening a lot dubstep,rock and hip-hop,especially dub.Anyway,i focus on powerful bass and sound quality...give me alternatives...how about audio teh ath-m50? or..the orhers under 250$..thanks!:)
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for suggestions for new headphones Last post on 4/1/13 at 6:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Listening Fatigue w/ Denon D2000 Last post on 1/17/13 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for the Soundstage, Clarity and Comfort of AKG K701 and the Sub-Bass of the Superlux HD681 Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for first pair of non-IEM 'phones Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- What would be the ideal headphones for me? Last post on 9/30/12 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Best headphones under 250$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't have a lot of experience with different brands, but I am very impressed with the Audio-Technica ATH-A900X overall. It's a bit bassy for me in orchestral music, but it performs very well in bass-heavy genres (which seems like what you are into) while still maintaining good balance. It doesn't emphasize bass to the point that the treble and mids take the backseat completely.
You can read my detailed review of it here:
It's a comparison review against an AKG K550 - which I don't think is suitable for your genre choices.
You should be able to get a pair of A900X for around $230 including shipping from Amazon (Japan import).
Edited by Bagheera - 2/11/13 at 8:25am
- Best headphones under 250$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 27 seconds ago
- › I make 10,000 posts per year! 1 minute ago
- › The Ear Pads Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB3 (2014) with upgraded TCXO clocks 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Just got the Piano Forte VIII and now I'm wondering how am I... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3