Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC - Page 69

post #1021 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmf22 View Post

Currently, all Meridian Explorer is version 1. 
Version 2 has not been released yet. So version 2 may or may not be better for Grado headphones. We will not know until it is release and give time for people to try it out and compare both version.
I did not mean wich of the both 1 and 2 version would be better but wich of the revisions of version 1, the current version, due the impedance issues it have.
post #1022 of 1026

I'm using it with my Allessandro MS2 (Grado modification) and I never had an issue, I have a later version of the DAC so it doesn't have the impedance issues.

post #1023 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozst View Post

I'm using it with my Allessandro MS2 (Grado modification) and I never had an issue, I have a later version of the DAC so it doesn't have the impedance issues.
Thank you. How can I know the "version" of it?
post #1024 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiobilli View Post


Thank you. How can I know the "version" of it?

I don´t know TBH. I just bought it from Meridian directly and I asked them first if it was the rev. version.

 

I never noticed any impedance issue with the Grado/Alessandro or the Westone 4 or Westone W40.

post #1025 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozst View Post
 

I don´t know TBH. I just bought it from Meridian directly and I asked them first if it was the rev. version.

 

I never noticed any impedance issue with the Grado/Alessandro or the Westone 4 or Westone W40.


Unless you're buying used, all the devices in the channel today will almost certainly be rev 2 of the original device.

post #1026 of 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwalker View Post
 


Unless you're buying used, all the devices in the channel today will almost certainly be rev 2 of the original device.

Exactly, is quite unlikely you buy the rev1 after all this time... I bought my unit in Jan'14.


Edited by frozst - Yesterday at 11:45 am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC