^^^ ditto the F5 key is gonna need back up on this one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 3/25/16 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
edit: Beaten to the punch on the next page.
It's the thought that counts, thanks. Now I just have to pick a cable for the phones...
It's probably not noted often enough around here that the headphones themselves are not balanced nor is a 4-pin or dual 3-pin cable. It's really the amp that is balanced or not.
Pretty sure the Taboo is only balanced after the transformer from taps and otherwise single ended. Like a backwards WA22 which is a balanced amp that is single ended after the transformer.
Hate to ask again, but has anyone tried HD800s with a Luxman SQ-N10 or SQ-N100? Is it a good pairing?
I've seen exactly two reviews of the earlier iteration of this amp (the N100), both praising the headphone output (it is coupled to the tube output stage and I believe bypasses the output transformers, but I could be wrong about that). The reviews were on 6moons and some UK site I'd never seen before. 6moons rates it better than Trafomatic's Experience Head One, Red Wine Audio's HPA and on par with a Leben CS-300XS.
Sorry, I don't know the paring, but I wouldn't trust 6moons' reviews too much. 6moons site = business&marketing for me, most of the time. And the vague language they use in their reviews doesn't win my trust either.
Personally I like 6moons for reviews. Though I will agree that you need an audiophile dictionary to decode what is said most of the time. It's almost too descriptive. But they always show internal shots so anyone hiding behind a pretty face is going to look the fool pretty quickly.
Case in point, 6moons ripped EddieCurrent a new one on their BA review and in turn EC made changes to correct the problems. For those who never read it, they loved the sound but found documentation and assembly lacking.
Very early impressions on my new B22 are that it looks fantastic but may not be as well suited to the HD800 as the Soloist. Very early though and certainly not done the A/B yet. In fact my Soloist is off the rack while I get a feel for the B22... again ;)
really?! Good to know. I thought Beta with hd800 would have been hard to beat. keep us updated.
So my Wife is running the soundboard for the High School play (She is really good at it too!) She walks into the man cave and asks to borrow my HP's for the weekend on the board. She points to the HD800's
I quickly grab the HD25-1 ii's and send her on her way.....Whew!
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Pleneu M 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC 5 minutes ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse