^^^ ditto the F5 key is gonna need back up on this one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! Last post on 12/8/16 at 10:14pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 6/7/16 at 7:39pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 8/23/15 at 5:45am in Headphones (full-size)
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
edit: Beaten to the punch on the next page.
It's the thought that counts, thanks. Now I just have to pick a cable for the phones...
It's probably not noted often enough around here that the headphones themselves are not balanced nor is a 4-pin or dual 3-pin cable. It's really the amp that is balanced or not.
Pretty sure the Taboo is only balanced after the transformer from taps and otherwise single ended. Like a backwards WA22 which is a balanced amp that is single ended after the transformer.
Hate to ask again, but has anyone tried HD800s with a Luxman SQ-N10 or SQ-N100? Is it a good pairing?
I've seen exactly two reviews of the earlier iteration of this amp (the N100), both praising the headphone output (it is coupled to the tube output stage and I believe bypasses the output transformers, but I could be wrong about that). The reviews were on 6moons and some UK site I'd never seen before. 6moons rates it better than Trafomatic's Experience Head One, Red Wine Audio's HPA and on par with a Leben CS-300XS.
Sorry, I don't know the paring, but I wouldn't trust 6moons' reviews too much. 6moons site = business&marketing for me, most of the time. And the vague language they use in their reviews doesn't win my trust either.
Personally I like 6moons for reviews. Though I will agree that you need an audiophile dictionary to decode what is said most of the time. It's almost too descriptive. But they always show internal shots so anyone hiding behind a pretty face is going to look the fool pretty quickly.
Case in point, 6moons ripped EddieCurrent a new one on their BA review and in turn EC made changes to correct the problems. For those who never read it, they loved the sound but found documentation and assembly lacking.
Very early impressions on my new B22 are that it looks fantastic but may not be as well suited to the HD800 as the Soloist. Very early though and certainly not done the A/B yet. In fact my Soloist is off the rack while I get a feel for the B22... again ;)
really?! Good to know. I thought Beta with hd800 would have been hard to beat. keep us updated.
So my Wife is running the soundboard for the High School play (She is really good at it too!) She walks into the man cave and asks to borrow my HP's for the weekend on the board. She points to the HD800's
I quickly grab the HD25-1 ii's and send her on her way.....Whew!
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 17 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 44 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › I need to replace my cable (soldered in) in my AKG K-501's 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear