^^^ ditto the F5 key is gonna need back up on this one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on Today at 6:13 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
edit: Beaten to the punch on the next page.
It's the thought that counts, thanks. Now I just have to pick a cable for the phones...
It's probably not noted often enough around here that the headphones themselves are not balanced nor is a 4-pin or dual 3-pin cable. It's really the amp that is balanced or not.
Pretty sure the Taboo is only balanced after the transformer from taps and otherwise single ended. Like a backwards WA22 which is a balanced amp that is single ended after the transformer.
Hate to ask again, but has anyone tried HD800s with a Luxman SQ-N10 or SQ-N100? Is it a good pairing?
I've seen exactly two reviews of the earlier iteration of this amp (the N100), both praising the headphone output (it is coupled to the tube output stage and I believe bypasses the output transformers, but I could be wrong about that). The reviews were on 6moons and some UK site I'd never seen before. 6moons rates it better than Trafomatic's Experience Head One, Red Wine Audio's HPA and on par with a Leben CS-300XS.
Sorry, I don't know the paring, but I wouldn't trust 6moons' reviews too much. 6moons site = business&marketing for me, most of the time. And the vague language they use in their reviews doesn't win my trust either.
Personally I like 6moons for reviews. Though I will agree that you need an audiophile dictionary to decode what is said most of the time. It's almost too descriptive. But they always show internal shots so anyone hiding behind a pretty face is going to look the fool pretty quickly.
Case in point, 6moons ripped EddieCurrent a new one on their BA review and in turn EC made changes to correct the problems. For those who never read it, they loved the sound but found documentation and assembly lacking.
Very early impressions on my new B22 are that it looks fantastic but may not be as well suited to the HD800 as the Soloist. Very early though and certainly not done the A/B yet. In fact my Soloist is off the rack while I get a feel for the B22... again ;)
really?! Good to know. I thought Beta with hd800 would have been hard to beat. keep us updated.
So my Wife is running the soundboard for the High School play (She is really good at it too!) She walks into the man cave and asks to borrow my HP's for the weekend on the board. She points to the HD800's
I quickly grab the HD25-1 ii's and send her on her way.....Whew!
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 1 minute ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2