^^^ ditto the F5 key is gonna need back up on this one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 7/18/15 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
edit: Beaten to the punch on the next page.
It's the thought that counts, thanks. Now I just have to pick a cable for the phones...
It's probably not noted often enough around here that the headphones themselves are not balanced nor is a 4-pin or dual 3-pin cable. It's really the amp that is balanced or not.
Pretty sure the Taboo is only balanced after the transformer from taps and otherwise single ended. Like a backwards WA22 which is a balanced amp that is single ended after the transformer.
Hate to ask again, but has anyone tried HD800s with a Luxman SQ-N10 or SQ-N100? Is it a good pairing?
I've seen exactly two reviews of the earlier iteration of this amp (the N100), both praising the headphone output (it is coupled to the tube output stage and I believe bypasses the output transformers, but I could be wrong about that). The reviews were on 6moons and some UK site I'd never seen before. 6moons rates it better than Trafomatic's Experience Head One, Red Wine Audio's HPA and on par with a Leben CS-300XS.
Sorry, I don't know the paring, but I wouldn't trust 6moons' reviews too much. 6moons site = business&marketing for me, most of the time. And the vague language they use in their reviews doesn't win my trust either.
Personally I like 6moons for reviews. Though I will agree that you need an audiophile dictionary to decode what is said most of the time. It's almost too descriptive. But they always show internal shots so anyone hiding behind a pretty face is going to look the fool pretty quickly.
Case in point, 6moons ripped EddieCurrent a new one on their BA review and in turn EC made changes to correct the problems. For those who never read it, they loved the sound but found documentation and assembly lacking.
Very early impressions on my new B22 are that it looks fantastic but may not be as well suited to the HD800 as the Soloist. Very early though and certainly not done the A/B yet. In fact my Soloist is off the rack while I get a feel for the B22... again ;)
really?! Good to know. I thought Beta with hd800 would have been hard to beat. keep us updated.
So my Wife is running the soundboard for the High School play (She is really good at it too!) She walks into the man cave and asks to borrow my HP's for the weekend on the board. She points to the HD800's
I quickly grab the HD25-1 ii's and send her on her way.....Whew!
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › U.S. & CANADA REVIEW TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp 20 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › Good headphone recommendations? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3