^^^ ditto the F5 key is gonna need back up on this one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
edit: Beaten to the punch on the next page.
It's the thought that counts, thanks. Now I just have to pick a cable for the phones...
It's probably not noted often enough around here that the headphones themselves are not balanced nor is a 4-pin or dual 3-pin cable. It's really the amp that is balanced or not.
Pretty sure the Taboo is only balanced after the transformer from taps and otherwise single ended. Like a backwards WA22 which is a balanced amp that is single ended after the transformer.
Hate to ask again, but has anyone tried HD800s with a Luxman SQ-N10 or SQ-N100? Is it a good pairing?
I've seen exactly two reviews of the earlier iteration of this amp (the N100), both praising the headphone output (it is coupled to the tube output stage and I believe bypasses the output transformers, but I could be wrong about that). The reviews were on 6moons and some UK site I'd never seen before. 6moons rates it better than Trafomatic's Experience Head One, Red Wine Audio's HPA and on par with a Leben CS-300XS.
Sorry, I don't know the paring, but I wouldn't trust 6moons' reviews too much. 6moons site = business&marketing for me, most of the time. And the vague language they use in their reviews doesn't win my trust either.
Personally I like 6moons for reviews. Though I will agree that you need an audiophile dictionary to decode what is said most of the time. It's almost too descriptive. But they always show internal shots so anyone hiding behind a pretty face is going to look the fool pretty quickly.
Case in point, 6moons ripped EddieCurrent a new one on their BA review and in turn EC made changes to correct the problems. For those who never read it, they loved the sound but found documentation and assembly lacking.
Very early impressions on my new B22 are that it looks fantastic but may not be as well suited to the HD800 as the Soloist. Very early though and certainly not done the A/B yet. In fact my Soloist is off the rack while I get a feel for the B22... again ;)
really?! Good to know. I thought Beta with hd800 would have been hard to beat. keep us updated.
So my Wife is running the soundboard for the High School play (She is really good at it too!) She walks into the man cave and asks to borrow my HP's for the weekend on the board. She points to the HD800's
I quickly grab the HD25-1 ii's and send her on her way.....Whew!
- The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
- › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1... 6 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 17 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair or earbuds. What brand/model should I get? 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › iPod Classic 160GB 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for some Headphones and Desk Amp/Dac suggestions! 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)